James Harrison...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
    Helmet-to-helmet has been a personal foul for YEARS. All the concussion studies are making it much more of a volatile topic.
    There's a big difference between a 15 yard penalty and a 15-yard penalty and $25k+ (or in Harrison's case now, $500,000+).
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
      There's a big difference between a 15 yard penalty and a 15-yard penalty and $25k+ (or in Harrison's case now, $500,000+).
      Harrison is a constantly penalized player, he's high profile because he was DPOY 2008 and he keeps hitting popular players.

It's like the saying, "if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does it make a sound" Vs. "if James Harrison blows up a car in the middle of times square on NYE, does he get another fine?"
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        srsly, remeber the days you could qb a mediocre football team in PA and rape chicks? ahhhh the good ole days!
        lmao!
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Geor, why are you worried. he is going to keep playing the same way he always plays. You aren't going to see a big drop off in performance on the field. He will miss a game here or there, but I am sure that D can handle him being out from time to time. No different than him being injured.

Comment

I thought it was a clean hit, of course I wasn't at home watching the game, but from where I was watching it was a clean hit, IF he was over the line.

edit; I just saw the video, that was dirty, fucking lowdown hit, but I did enjoy it, lol!
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              I thought it was a clean hit, of course I wasn't at home watching the game, but from where I was watching it was a clean hit, IF he was over the line...
              ...crown of helmet into bottom of facemask. NOT clean.
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

You wouldn't have been able to stop yourself if you were going in for the hit and he dumps the ball at the last second.
                So it would have been perfectly legal if he had cracked McCoy helmet to helmet as long as McCoy still had the ball? Nice try, you're just digging yourself deeper.

Talk about pussification, listen to yourself crying about a grown man, like he's your child, after getting a fine and suspension in the NFL. Detach yourself from his nut sack already. He plays by the same rules as everyone else, if everyone else can hit clean without going helmet to helmet then he can do it too. After all, he's getting paid millions, the least he could do is play by the rules that are set forth by the league. That said, if he doesn't like the rules he can go somewhere else and get paid chump change, maybe the CFL or arena ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                  So it would have been perfectly legal if he had cracked McCoy helmet to helmet as long as McCoy still had the ball? Nice try, you're just digging yourself deeper.

Talk about pussification, listen to yourself crying about a grown man, like he's your child, after getting a fine and suspension in the NFL. Detach yourself from his nut sack already. He plays by the same rules as everyone else, if everyone else can hit clean without going helmet to helmet then he can do it too. After all, he's getting paid millions, the least he could do is play by the rules that are set forth by the league. That said, if he doesn't like the rules he can go somewhere else and get paid chump change, maybe the CFL or arena ball.
                  Crying? Leave James Harrison alone!
                  How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Very much so not clean .

Comment

At what point does a quarterback cease being a quarterback and become a runner? Technically, after he crosses the line of scrimmage, I guess? But if a running back is hit in the backfield in the exact same manner, everything is kosher. If you're making rules to protect certain positions -- which the NFL is (only QBs and WRs are given these bullshit protections) -- then you have to make the same exceptions for all positions. I'm not sure if he gets suspended or not, but he'll certainly get fined.

I also find it funny how 5 years ago this wouldn't have been a "dirty play" but since the NFL is turning you two into a couple of vaginas, it's now considered a "dirty play."

And since we're talking about flags and fines, why wasn't Saxson fined on the hit to Roethlisberger's knee that took him out of the game momentarily. Turned a blind eye on that one, didn't they?
                      Helmet to helmet is a no no. He could have cracked a shot in the ribs and nobody would say a thing. The guy is a dumb shit!

Comment

Just to clarify, if it was a "runner", he would not have been penalized. There is no protection afforded to runners against helmet to helmet hits. Harrison knocked out Jason Cribbs the same way last year and wasn't penalized or fined. Cribbs was running the wild cat so he was technically the quarterback but a "runner" at the time of the hit. I think they need to either change the rules for helmet to helmit hits for all positions or make a rule defining when a quarterback becomes a runner.

Comment

Working...
                        X