Albert Pujols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
    Now we're judging as to whether a pitcher is decent or not solely based on playoff performance. Tin foil hat much?
    cause thats what matters now if this rangers team is going to make several playoff runs. Regular season stuff is nice, but its all about what you can do in the playoffs now with this team.
    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
      On the flip side, he allowed 3 or fewer runs in 3 of his 5 postseason starts this year, and 3 of 4 last year. Again, the issue isn't that he's a bad pitcher, it's that he's not good enough to be or beat an ace. He'll be a good fit as a #3 or #4 man with the Angels.
      bingo, and in all of his starts I dont think he went pass the 6th inning. Oour bullpen had to save it for him.
      Los Angeles Rams 11-5
      Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
        cause thats what matters now if this rangers team is going to make several playoff runs. Regular season stuff is nice, but its all about what you can do in the playoffs now with this team.
        Playoffs don't matter if you can't win in the regular season. And just like any other sport, one person doesn't win or lose games.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Playoffs don't matter if you can't win in the regular season. And just like any other sport, one person doesn't win or lose games.
          try telling that to cowboys fans.
          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

How many Super Bowl winners have had bad QB's? The QB touches the ball on every offensive play (with a very few exceptions) in every game. He's not in a 5-man rotation.

Comment

On the flip side, he allowed 3 or fewer runs in 3 of his 5 postseason starts this year, and 3 of 4 last year. Again, the issue isn't that he's a bad pitcher, it's that he's not good enough to be or beat an ace. He'll be a good fit as a #3 or #4 man with the Angels.
              Didn't say he was bad, but he's no ace, and based on past performance, not worth $15 million to the Rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                Sure. Why not? That's the stance people love to take on Romo. And I'm almost positive you're guilty of doing just that.
                I've never claimed I thought Romo was a shit QB solely because he only has 1 playoff victory. Now it is true that I have made it clear that I'm not a fan of Romo, and I've also made it known that I think he is overrated, but I've never taken the stance to him like Phil is taking on CJ Wilson.

Comment

Again, the issue isn't that he's a bad pitcher, it's that he's not good enough to be or beat an ace. He'll be a good fit as a #3 or #4 man with the Angels.
                  This is what I told people last year and why I said that if the Rangers got a #1 (Cliff Lee was actually the name I told people last spring -- 2010), then they would get to the World Series. I'm still trying to figure out how the Rangers pulled it off this year. CJ is a very solid 2 and will be outstanding as a 3 or 4. That being said, no team should pay their 3rd or 4th starter that much money.

At this point, I think the Rangers should sit tight and try to make another move early next season to go get an ace. It's a shame King Felix signed an extension (pretty sure he did), or he may be available.

Comment

This next season will be very interesting to watch.
                    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                      How many Super Bowl winners have had bad QB's? The QB touches the ball on every offensive play (with a very few exceptions) in every game. He's not in a 5-man rotation.
                      http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...n-a-super-bowl
                      Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                      This is what I told people last year and why I said that if the Rangers got a #1 (Cliff Lee was actually the name I told people last spring -- 2010), then they would get to the World Series. I'm still trying to figure out how the Rangers pulled it off this year. CJ is a very solid 2 and will be outstanding as a 3 or 4. That being said, no team should pay their 3rd or 4th starter that much money.
                      Last season they won the division on pretty solid pitching from their starters before Lee even showed up. He helped them get past Tampa in the first round, but Wilson was lights-out in his only start of that series; you have to think he could've won Games 1 and 5 too, if they could've squeezed out another win in 2, 3, or 4. If they don't have Lee to face Pettite in Game 4 of the ALCS, I don't know if they win that game, and losing Game 4 and being 2-2 going into Game 5 with Wilson vs Sabathia in New York doesn't look good. Without an ace to beat Pettite, I think they lose the ALCS. And then, fuck, they didn't have a chance in the World Series.

But this year, they rode some a hot offense and solid pitching into the playoffs, then the pitching got really mediocre but the offense stayed hot.
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...n-a-super-bowl Last season they won the division on pretty solid pitching from their starters before Lee even showed up. He helped them get past Tampa in the first round, but Wilson was lights-out in his only start of that series; you have to think he could've won Games 1 and 5 too, if they could've squeezed out another win in 2, 3, or 4. If they don't have Lee to face Pettite in Game 4 of the ALCS, I don't know if they win that game, and losing Game 4 and being 2-2 going into Game 5 with Wilson vs Sabathia in New York doesn't look good. Without an ace to beat Pettite, I think they lose the ALCS. And then, fuck, they didn't have a chance in the World Series.

But this year, they rode some a hot offense and solid pitching into the playoffs, then the pitching got really mediocre but the offense stayed hot.
                        Ehhh. I've seen that list before. Another opinion. Bradshaw "bad"? Maybe Dilfer. Also, it's the "10 worst to win a Super Bowl". Like the worst 10 of all who have won. That's like saying the "10 worst pitchers to ever win a World Series", which would all be better than Wilson. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                          Ehhh. I've seen that list before. Another opinion. Bradshaw "bad"? Maybe Dilfer. Also, it's the "10 worst to win a Super Bowl". Like the worst 10 of all who have won. That's like saying the "10 worst pitchers to ever win a World Series", which would all be better than Wilson. LOL!
                          Brad Johnson was pretty bad, and Pittsburgh won Super Bowl XL in spite of Roethlisberger.
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                          X