New NHL alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NHL alignment

The NHL will be switching to a four conference set-up. Possibly as soon as next season. Unluckily Dallas will be re-aligned with an entirely new set of teams, so we can kiss our rivalries goodbye. The amount of travel will be cut down though, so that's good for our players. Also the new playoff set-up is pretty cool. The top four teams from each conference will have a playoff to determine who moves on to face the other conference winners.

Our division will be made up of the Detroit Red Wings, Columbus Blue Jackets, Nashville Predators, St. Louis Blues, Chicago Blackhawks, Minnesota Wild, Winnipeg Jets, and the Dallas Stars.
    .223 > 911

This need to be done.
    Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

I think it will be better overall, sucks we gotta start all new rivalries though.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
      .223 > 911

Comment

I love it. It should be a lot easier to make the playoffs. Plus, what rivalries did the Stars have with any of the Pacific teams? None imo. I do ,however, miss the old rivalries against the Blackhawks, Red Wings, and Blues. Bring it on!

Comment

Also no late 9:30 west coast puck drop's from division opponent's. Playoff's should be very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by RJDCobra View Post
            Also no late 9:30 west coast puck drop's from division opponent's. Playoff's should be very interesting.
            Oh ya, that's a huge plus! Did not even think about that one. That's good for players and fans.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

No offense but any rivalries the Stars have are one sided on this end. The original six teams are the most bitter, they cross generations. I am happy they have a new owner will move the franchise forward. The flavor of the season in the NHL now seems to depend on the latest perceived dirty hit or play. Not old fashion Hockey eh.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
                I think it will be better overall, sucks we gotta start all new rivalries though.

New rivalries?? The old ones pre pacific division rocked.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                  New rivalries?? The old ones pre pacific division rocked.
                  Hmm...too young I guess

.223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
                    Hmm...too young I guess

The blues, red wings, and oilers (in playoff) were great rivalries!!!

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                      The blues, red wings, and oilers (in playoff) were great rivalries!!!
                      The redwings are everyone's rivals. I loved those oilers games back in the playoffs though. That shit got physical.

.223 > 911

Comment

Working...
                      X