Sherman is gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amen.

Question: If Texas' offense doesn't come to life on that fateful final drive, and if the Aggies take care of business and get the last laugh in the final chapter of a century-old rivalry, does Mike Sherman return in 2012?
    Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
    Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post

You can put it on the players as well, but it's a coaches job to get his players to play. You have to give them the tools, the motivation, and the plays to win. Without that, all the talent in the world on the field isn't going to amount to much.
      Copy + paste to eagles thread

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
      .223 > 911

Comment

It's a business, and a business decision was made. Was it fair? I dunno, probably not, but most of the time decisions like that aren't fair. Like i said, I was a Sherman fan, I like the guy, but after this season and the complete lack of 2nd half coaching and adjustments, it made me feel like the coaching staff didn't care. It was we keep playing just like we did in the first half when we had the lead, even though the other team obviously made adjustments at half time. Lose one game, maybe two like that, and you fix the problem. Lose five games after leading at the half by double digits, some to unranked teams? That has poor coaching written all over it. And in a conference like the SEC where teams and coaches play with a kill, kill, kill attitude, that's not going to fly. How many times have you seen SEC coaches call off the scoring because they were up enough? Very few coaches do. If you want to get ahead in rankings, it's how badly you beat your opponents, vs your strength of schedule, and how many wins you can put up. End of story.

It's obvious A&M is going to revamp the football program to "try" to be more competitive in the SEC. Whether they made the right decision yesterday remains to be seen. In my personal opinion I think they did, at least from side of a fan who wants his team to be winning, not losing. From the side of recruiting, and personality, I'm not sure you'll find a better coach than Sherman in those aspects, he was a great guy all around. But being nice doesn't win football games, and when your job is to coach a team to win football games, then you better put your money where your mouth is.

Had this season ended up 7-5, I bet he kept his job. But going from two losing seasons while he rebuilt, to a winning season last year, with the best recruiting class A&M had ever had this season, being ranked in the top 10 to start the season, to pissing it all away due to bad coaching decisions, lack of adjustments, and poor clock management, then losing to the schools biggest rival in their last meeting on your home field, when everyone agreed your team was the better team this year. In my opinion you weigh your options and you decide if there's a better coach out there that can get your team to win.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
          Copy + paste to eagles thread

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
          Haha, except I'll agree that it's much harder when you're dealing with people who get paid millions of dollars to play a sport. There's way too much entitlement and primma donna syndrome going on there.

Comment

$25 million+ spent on a conference change and a coaching change, all while laying off a massive quantity of lecturers. Only at A&M.

Comment

Working...
            X