Sherman is gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BajaBob View Post
    So pissed about this right now. Dumbest move ever.
    are you kidding, Sherman is not the right coach for A&M. I've been calling for his firing since the first major 2nd half blow up the Aggies put forth this season. Then to continue doing it for 4-5 more games?

He has a .500 record as A&M's coach, and 50% isn't a winning record. Going to the SEC means way stiffer competition, and the Aggies need an SEC caliber coach if they want to have any shot at winning in the SEC.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      are you kidding, Sherman is not the right coach for A&M. I've been calling for his firing since the first major 2nd half blow up the Aggies put forth this season. Then to continue doing it for 4-5 more games?

He has a .500 record as A&M's coach, and 50% isn't a winning record. Going to the SEC means way stiffer competition, and the Aggies need an SEC caliber coach if they want to have any shot at winning in the SEC.
      Tommy Tuberville comes to mind...already proven SEC winner.
      sigpic

Comment

I can't argue with this post. A .500 record in the Big 12 is probably not a winning record in the SEC.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
          Also heard rumors that Mack is announcing his retirement Saturday.
          NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Why?
          Originally posted by 03trubluGT
          Your opinion is what sucks.
          You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
            NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Why?

I highly doubt it's true. Man, Gregg Davis gone one year and the possibility of Mack gone the next, that has to scare the crap out of the okie fans lol

Comment

And apparently Kevin Sumlin is aggy top choice. He used to be an aggy assistant, so maybe he "gets" aggy, because that's so important to their fan base

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
                And apparently Kevin Sumlin is aggy top choice. He used to be an aggy assistant, so maybe he "gets" aggy, because that's so important to their fan base
                I would think they'd look for a proven winner with a track record. I don't see aggy nation having a lot of patience, especially with the beat down I think they're in for.

Comment

Damn man, I had no idea what the stats were! Fucking stat whores.

We are going into a conference, we are not going to do well, the verdict is out on that one. Why would we break contract and get another coach? He's going to get fired too when he doesn't perform. At least that's what we are advocating here.

This comes down to University image, its a business, and its being run like shit. You don't go pissing off a ton of people by cancelling the third longest running game tradition ever, and then go ahead and dismantle the coaching staff after a huge loss. We look like a flock of idiots running around, hacking up the entire system. It just doesn't make sense.

Get the team an offensive coach? Holy shit! That might have been cheaper! No one seems to notice that Sherman does a pretty good job at recruiting. Most teams our size have an OC.

You know what also pisses me off about all of this? Our system isn't being run by Loftin (the president) its being run by a couple of asshats in the Association of Former Students. Threatening to pull funding if shit doesn't go their way on each and every subject... nothing about this system makes sense. We have to pay a big 12 exit fee, now we have to pay Sherman? We just cut 10% in spending last year mandated by the state!

Did you know that an Aggie maintained forum called TexAg's knew about Sherman getting fired before Sherman or the team did?

That kind of shit makes me say, 'Da Fuck?

Now we have a team of pissed of football players, because each and every one of them was willing to fight to keep him.

The only tradition we have right now, is cutting contracts and raising tuition (the two go hand in hand). Fran is getting a huge paycheck from us, and Marano is getting more money than Rick Perry, who is also on our payroll. We are in the middle of several multi-million dollar renovations on campus...

this. is. shit. and no, i'm not kidding.
                  Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
                  Baja-Bob.com

Comment

I like this comment.

This situation is a revolving door of disaster. They put so much pressure on being one of the top football programs in the ncaa. They spend endless amounts of $$$ trying to make it happen. Then it doesn't happen, again and again... Spend more $$$.
                    The way this system opperates, they WILL NOT get a top teir coach to even consider A&M. They are the Jerry Jones of college football.
                    Baja-Bob.com

Comment

I like this comment better:

By losing six of his last 10 games, Sherman had a 25-25 record with the Aggies, including a 2-6 record against Oklahoma and Texas. He lost his only two bowl games and was 0-5 against teams from the SEC. He was 6-14 against ranked teams.

Comment

I didn't think he was doing too bad of a job. He built a team that really had a chance. I agree with the post about getting a good OC, and keeping Sherman.

Since that's not gunna happen I would be happy with Tressel, A&M shoulda stayed in the big 12 though. They're making too many dumb mistakes, somthin needs to be done about who is running this freak show.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
                        .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
                          I didn't think he was doing too bad of a job. He built a team that really had a chance. I agree with the post about getting a good OC, and keeping Sherman.

Since that's not gunna happen I would be happy with Tressel, A&M shoulda stayed in the big 12 though. They're making too many dumb mistakes, somthin needs to be done about who is running this freak show.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
                          too many indeed.
                          Baja-Bob.com

Comment

A&M was ranked #8 in the preseason polls. They finished 7th...in the Big 12 (10 teams). In their losses this season, A&M got outscored in the third quarter 83-0. No halftime adjustments. In addition A&M is 14-30 vs UT, TT, OU, and OSU since 2000. LSU, ALA, ARK, and AUB should be much easier.
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I like Sherman as a leader and a person, but as a head coach other than recruiting, and talking a big game, he hasn't shown he is capable. This season was a huge let down, and had he been able to pull off the win against Texas, he would still have his job. But that was the final straw in a season of letdown after letdown.

You can put it on the players as well, but it's a coaches job to get his players to play. You have to give them the tools, the motivation, and the plays to win. Without that, all the talent in the world on the field isn't going to amount to much.

If everyone is right, that it's going to take years for A&M to become competitive in the SEC, then why not go look for a new coach and let him build his program over those next few years?

Comment

Poop Silverback. That's all I have to say. POOP.
                                Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Working...
                                X