No announcement yet.

T-Day Texas vs aggy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder who aggy will have little brother complex to in the SEC?

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
      I wonder who aggy will have little brother complex to in the SEC?
      Everyone?
      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
      86 SVO - Sold
      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by kpc01 View Post
        At A&M its not all about the War Hymn or its lyrics, its about the school itself and its tradition. Only an Aggie understands it and lives by it. I don't disagree that it sucks to end the rivalry as 118 years of it has been fun win or lose. That being said, it won't hinder us or make us cry or anything of the sorts because we don't actually play ut, it basically just sucks for everyone, including the non affiliated ut trash talkers that show up on every street corner. I sure wish we could of pulled of the last win!

That ain't no shit

Comment

Originally posted by kpc01 View Post
          At A&M its not all about the War Hymn or its lyrics, its about the school itself and its tradition. Only an Aggie understands it and lives by it. I don't disagree that it sucks to end the rivalry as 118 years of it has been fun win or lose. That being said, it won't hinder us or make us cry or anything of the sorts because we don't actually play ut, it basically just sucks for everyone, including the non affiliated ut trash talkers that show up on every street corner. I sure wish we could of pulled of the last win!
          I know all about the cult, but won't "make us cry" is just nonsense. Aggy crying is what led them to leave the Big 12! Nothing but an inferiority complex. Alums and students won't be driving to those away games anymore, especially to watch an ass-whipping. A&M would have been much better off right here, especially with TCU now in the mix. Another away game about 3 hours up 35W, instead of that shit drive to Baton Rouge or Fayateville.

Comment

I'm not going to keep going back and forth on here...I am getting season tickets next year and as always look forward to going to the games win or lose. If you know all about the "cult" you would be an Aggie and not a "non Aggie" as I put it since it seems like everyone from everywhere is. I'm not here to argue, all I can say is I am a true fan just like most Aggies are. Sure there are longhorn fans too (saw one wearing a sweatshirt this morning pushing his shopping cart down the interstate) and they are more then welcome to express their feelings.

I'm glad we are all passionate enough to talk about our teams we love (or hate) so much. Thats what makes it fun. I look forward to the next few years regardless of conference and am thankful my A&M degrees have benefited me in many more ways then being able to talk shit about a football game score. My career and my family is what I'm most proud of and I tied 90% of that to A&M, however we did win most of our games when I was there (98) but the outcome of the games never affected my education.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
              I know all about the cult, but won't "make us cry" is just nonsense. Aggy crying is what led them to leave the Big 12! Nothing but an inferiority complex. Alums and students won't be driving to those away games anymore, especially to watch an ass-whipping. A&M would have been much better off right here, especially with TCU now in the mix. Another away game about 3 hours up 35W, instead of that shit drive to Baton Rouge or Fayateville.
              I don't think it was so much "crying" as UT fans and alumni would like everyone to believe. It came down to what was best for the school. A&M didn't see the Big 12 changing anything, and honestly I'm quite surprised it did in the end, but it wouldn't have happened if A&M didn't leave for the SEC. A&M saw the SEC as a place to earn more money for it's athletic departments all the way around, and to get out from under the shadow of UT in the football conference. The SEC name alone gives them some major recruiting power in the state of Texas. More SEC players go on to the NFL than any other conference. More bowl games and televised games are played by the SEC conference teams. The SEC teams all "profit share" with all of the schools in the SEC for bowl money, TV contracts, etc. The conference is setup where the money is divided so everyone has something to gain.

The Arkansas/A&M game they won't be playing in Fayetteville for a game anytime soon, since it's being held at Jerry World for 8 more years, then has five, four year renewal options that follow. So we're looking at 28 more years of that game being in Dallas for sure. Even then a game that big might have gotten moved to Little Rock for the couple games a year the Razorbacks play there.

As for the drive to Baton Rouge, you'd be surprised how many Aggie parents are already in East and South East Texas. I'm still wondering what's going to happen to Missouri, and if they realign the conferences so that Ark, LSU, Missouri, A&M, Miss State, and Ole Miss form the West, giving Auburn and Alabama to the East. I guess we'll see. To me it makes the most sense for team travel, but that's never been anyone's concern in any conference, that's for sure.

Comment

Education for the moral victory, lmao.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

aggie is in for a rude awakening

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                    Education for the moral victory, lmao.
                    Yeah. Time will tell if it was a smart move or not. Texas kids want to play against other Texas kids. If A&M loses Texas recruiting, they're done. Kids outside Texas know very little of A&M. The biggest TV audience they ever consistantly drew, was every Thanksgiving game when they played against Texas.
                    THAT was the most exposure they ever got on a nation-wide scale. We already know the fans and alum have no patience for losing (look at the history since firing RC Slocum), so it could be a very nasty, disappointing transition.

Comment

Like I've said before, the SEC name alone won't help recruiting, winning will and I don't see that happening anytime soon

Comment

I see what they did there.
                        Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
                        Baja-Bob.com

Comment

We have to remember here folks that the move for the Aggies isn't just about football... women basketball won the national championships last year, mens basketball is always doing excellent, our track and field is national champions, baseball, etc... This is a move and more money for all of them.

Aggie network is bar none, doesn't matter if kids in Jersey don't know who we are, the ones cutting our paychecks worldwide do though
                          Last edited by BajaBob; 11-30-2011, 08:35 AM. Reason: speeliugng
                          Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
                          Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Originally posted by BajaBob View Post
                            We have to remember here folks that the move for the Aggies isn't just about football... women basketball won the national championships last year, mens basketball is always doing excellent, our track and field is national champions, baseball, etc... This is a move and more money for all of them.

Aggie network is bar none, doesn't matter if kids in Jersey don't know who we are, the ones cutting our paychecks worldwide do though

Basketball is always excellent? I think we have different definitions of excellent. Aggy had like a three to four year stretch of being good, not excellent. And yes, let's mention that baseball team that underachieves every year it seems like. Like two years ago when they started out presesson #1 and didn't even get out of regionals.

This is about right for aggy to try and make this about non revenue sports lol

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
                              Basketball is always excellent? I think we have different definitions of excellent. Aggy had like a three to four year stretch of being good, not excellent. And yes, let's mention that baseball team that underachieves every year it seems like. Like two years ago when they started out presesson #1 and didn't even get out of regionals.

This is about right for aggy to try and make this about non revenue sports lol
                              Sometimes reality is a bitter pill to swallow, especially down at College Station.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYouL8R View Post
                                This rivalry just isn't the same without the lunatic rants of Who Needs 8, the delusional thoughts of Pro Trash, and the angry antics of Hook Em.
                                Just saw this, and lmmfao!
                                Originally posted by BradM
                                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X