No announcement yet.

Houston may be joining AL West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have mixed feeling about the DH vs. Pitchers batting. I like watching pitchers bat and having the managers make harder decisions late in the game. But then again, i like the DH cause you can just put the most potent offense you can out there and let 'em have at it for 9 innings.

But i don't think the rules will change unitl Selig is out as commish, he's too much of a traditionalist.

Comment

I have a question, if they add a new wild card team then that makes 5 teams in the playoffs for each league. Is the Top seed in each league going to get a first round bye?
      Los Angeles Rams 11-5
      Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
      Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
        I have a question, if they add a new wild card team then that makes 5 teams in the playoffs for each league. Is the Top seed in each league going to get a first round bye?

No what they are talking about is the 1st round being a one game playoff... Picture Tampa and Boston last year to see who would face the Rangers.... That's what the radio said comming home anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Couver View Post
          No what they are talking about is the 1st round being a one game playoff... Picture Tampa and Boston last year to see who would face the Rangers.... That's what the radio said comming home anyway.
          oh okay, but what if there is a tie for one of those spots. I like the idea of it.
          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

So if old man Selig called you up and said "How would you change baseball to make it better, more entertaining, more popular, etc." What would you want to see change,added, or improved?

For me..

1.) Get rid of the DH...those damn pitchers make bank, only work once a week usually(starting pitchers), make them earn their money.

2.) SPeed up the game by...
            a.) putting a time limit in between pitches..maybe 20 secs in between pitches.
            b.) limit throwovers to max of 3 per inning and limit the number of times a batter can step out of the box.
            c.) when relief pitchers come into the game, get the inning going again pronto. Relief pitchers were warming up in the bullpen, why do they need to warm up on the field?

3.) make the game on tv more enjoyable by getting rid of all those fucking stats...like on espn, the batters avg, hrs, rbis, etc change after each pitch. Hamilton is batting .400 with an 0-1 count, Hamilton is batting .235 with a 2-1 count, etc. annoying.

4.) Go back to the 154-game schedule

5.) Contract 2 teams.
            sigpic

Comment

Who would you contract?
              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                Who would you contract?
                Contract Seattle. Nobody likes it up there anyway.

Combine Tampa and Miami - Miami has a new stadium and Tampa has talent, put them in the AL East

Move the brewers back to the AL - Now the leagues are even at 14 each.

As far as speeding up the game - make incoming pitchers throw to more than one batter. LaRussa has retired, now we can retire his method of bullpen management.

On a managerial note, I would also like to see a move back to a 4 man rotation. Also let's get away from 100 pitch pitch-counts on starting pitchers that are handling business.

Get rid of the DH, it's retarded to have half of the league use an extra player.

An extra wild card/one game playoff is counter productive. This year there would have been no suspense on the last day of the season. And then the wild card team goes into the post season handicapped, at least rotation wise.

Also, eliminate interleague play. If it must be kept for monetary reasons, cut it down to 1 home/1 away series with you natural rival and another 2 series(1H/1A) with different team each year.

Unfortunately, I see Selig shitting on the game on his way out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
                  So if old man Selig called you up and said "How would you change baseball to make it better, more entertaining, more popular, etc." What would you want to see change,added, or improved?

For me..

1.) Get rid of the DH...those damn pitchers make bank, only work once a week usually(starting pitchers), make them earn their money.

2.) SPeed up the game by...
                  a.) putting a time limit in between pitches..maybe 20 secs in between pitches.
                  b.) limit throwovers to max of 3 per inning and limit the number of times a batter can step out of the box.
                  c.) when relief pitchers come into the game, get the inning going again pronto. Relief pitchers were warming up in the bullpen, why do they need to warm up on the field?

3.) make the game on tv more enjoyable by getting rid of all those fucking stats...like on espn, the batters avg, hrs, rbis, etc change after each pitch. Hamilton is batting .400 with an 0-1 count, Hamilton is batting .235 with a 2-1 count, etc. annoying.

4.) Go back to the 154-game schedule

5.) Contract 2 teams.
                  I would like to see them either change both leagues to DH or no DH. I like the 30 teams because every division will have 5 teams. I do want to see a rule change back to the Allstate game not deciding home field though. I have always thought that was stupid. Not because of the rangers but because i think home field should be decided by best record.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                    I would like to see them either change both leagues to DH or no DH. I like the 30 teams because every division will have 5 teams. I do want to see a rule change back to the Allstate game not deciding home field though. I have always thought that was stupid. Not because of the rangers but because i think home field should be decided by best record.
                    And in the event that both WS teams have the same record?

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                      And in the event that both WS teams have the same record?
                      There are like a million tie-breakers. The All-Star game should be the million-and-oneth.
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I think it's great. Yeah the Brewers should have never left the AL but Bud Selig can do whatever he wants. Now at least it's only a 4 hour drive to see the closest competitor and it'll be a relief for the teams when they play each other since it's a divisional rival in the same time zone.

What I'd rather see though is a more international sport. It's the World Series after all, throwing the Blue Jays in the mix doesn't make it global. Take our best team and throw it up against the best the Japanese, Koreans, Cubans, Mexicans and Dominicans can do. I'm not talking about the WBC where it's really an all star tournament, I want to see the Cardinals play the Chiba Lotte Marines and the Quintana Roo Tigers. Yeah we'd totally massacre the Mexican and Dominican teams but the Koreans and Japanese would put up a good fight and we'd actually get to see some Cuban talent outside of the defectors.

Comment

Working...
                        X