Let's talk Cowboys Future - Non fans welcome, just don't be an idiot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
    I agree... I don't think you should have your best WR back returning kicks or punts for that matter especially when it's your first round pick. Reason being injuries.

Denver decided to do the same with Demaryius Thomas and he got the same results. He is hurt every other week! I really wish Denver wouldn't have passed on Dez and drafted Thomas.

It only happened because of a dumb coaching decision... Should of had the guy catching balls not returning kicks/punts. Doesn't matter how much of a game changer the kid is.
    randy moss returned punts when he was a rookie, so its not the first time. Bryant is a game breaker, but he isnt a starter. So with that you want him to touch the ball as many times you can give him.
    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post

He shouldnt even be returning kicks..

wut?

Do you have any idea how many games his return ability has kept them in? Sure, when he takes over as #1 WR he shouldn't be returning kicks, but they needed him returning desperately this year. I can think of 2 games at minimum right off the top of my head, that would have been losses if not for his returns.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

He's not an experienced Kick Returner. I know we want our best players on the field, but we just lost our most electric player for the season.
        How many kick and punt returns does Bryant have this season and have many does the rest of the team have? I rest my case.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          wut?

Do you have any idea how many games his return ability has kept them in? Sure, when he takes over as #1 WR he shouldn't be returning kicks, but they needed him returning desperately this year. I can think of 2 games at minimum right off the top of my head, that would have been losses if not for his returns.
          What games?

He wont be the #1 WR and he still doesnt need to return kicks. He doesnt have a feel for it as to what hes really really good at... and thats punt returns.

I've seen him get wacked twice this year on kick returns.

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
          How many kick and punt returns does Bryant have this season and have many does the rest of the team have? I rest my case.
          and again i dont mind punt returns .. i hate it when he return kicks... its a lot more dangerous... even with a mistake, you can still take a punt a lot more likely then someone missing a block on a kick return and you getting killed.
          Last edited by unkoricky; 12-07-2010, 08:10 AM.
          Originally posted by 03trubluGT
          Your opinion is what sucks.
          You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

What games?

He wont be the #1 WR and he still doesnt need to return kicks. He doesnt have a feel for it as to what hes really really good at... and thats punt returns.

I've seen him get wacked twice this year on kick returns.

and again i dont mind punt returns .. i hate it when he return kicks... its a lot more dangerous... even with a mistake, you can still take a punt a lot more likely then someone missing a block on a kick return and you getting killed.

The two in which he returned for TDs.

Now you're just being silly. Returning kicks, and returning punts is the same damn thing. They both involve high speed collision, and that's what makes doing them dangerous. One is not more dangerous than the other. They're both high speed collision, period. People get hurt in return situations. On both sides of the ball. It happens, it's part of the game. It is what it is. This one is ok, the other he shouldn't do stuff is nonsensical BS. If he's good enough for one, he's good enough for both.

Comment

The two in which he returned for TDs.

Now you're just being silly. Returning kicks, and returning punts is the same damn thing. They both involve high speed collision, and that's what makes doing them dangerous. One is not more dangerous than the other. They're both high speed collision, period. People get hurt in return situations. On both sides of the ball. It happens, it's part of the game. It is what it is. This one is ok, the other he shouldn't do stuff is nonsensical BS. If he's good enough for one, he's good enough for both.
              Like i said in my original post from yesterday

Yeah sucks he was the main reason i even still watch the Cowboys.

He shouldnt even be returning kicks.. he did it like 2 or 3 times at Okie State if i remember.

what did you not get when i said i want him returning punts and not kicks ? They are not the same thing... Thats like saying if you play cornerback you can play safety too..

Comment

Like i said in my original post from yesterday

what did you not get when i said i want him returning punts and not kicks ? They are not the same thing... Thats like saying if you play cornerback you can play safety too..
                Yes, they are the same. They both involve high speed collision, which is where the injuries come in to play. I've played football. I returned punts, and kicks. It's the SAME FUCKING THING!

Comment

Yes, they are the same. They both involve high speed collision, which is where the injuries come in to play. I've played football. I returned punts, and kicks. It's the SAME FUCKING THING!
                  and so have I.... they are not the same thing lol.. oh well its your opinion.

Anyways..
                  What the hell has happen to Spencer this season? I know Ware hasn't been as elite as he was in the past, but at least he'll get some qb pressures, where Spencer is a ghost.

Comment

and so have I.... they are not the same thing lol.. oh well its your opinion.

Anyways..
                    What the hell has happen to Spencer this season? I know Ware hasn't been as elite as he was in the past, but at least he'll get some qb pressures, where Spencer is a ghost.
                    Spencer hurt his neck and achilles tendon earlier in the season and still isn't 100%.

To add to that, they've been playing pretty vanilla defense since Wade left. It's pretty straight forward, minimal blitzing, etc. So he was hurt when Wade was here, when Wade left they went to a plain jane boring ass defensive gameplan.
                    Last edited by bcoop; 12-07-2010, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• off topic but how come when i click on User CP it doesnt show all the threads i posted in?

Comment

• Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
                        off topic but how come when i click on User CP it doesnt show all the threads i posted in?
                        Cause it doesn't allow fags to do that.
                        2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

• I figure 2011 will not even happen. Damn labor talks. Get a new CBA.. gezzz

If.... 2011 happens,

Ditch Barber or make him #3 back, which will not happen ($$$).
                          Bye #11...
                          Keep Garrett. Seems like the players have picked up the game effort once he took over. They quit on Wade, and that annoys me the most.
                          Get a real SS... Ball just is not cutting it.
                          O-line needs some younger talent...

The biggest thing will never happen. Get a real GM...
                          Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

• Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
                            Cause it doesn't allow fags to do that.
                            i thought we all agreed fans are welcomed and not idiots..

Go buy some steaks at a meat market, i have to go sleep with my sister now

Comment

• Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
                              i thought we all agreed fans are welcomed and not idiots..

Go buy some steaks at a meat market, i have to go sleep with my sister now
                              Yeah I knew you were a fucking inbred queer.
                              2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

• Are we on a television show?
                                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Working...
                                X