No announcement yet.

baseball last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought last night was a great baseball day. My favorite day watching games on tv for sure. Damn near had to put in new batteries in remote.

After the Ranger's won, started swapping channels. Sox/Braves... Thought Tampa was done just like most people in Tampa.

Then noticed, Tampa bases loaded, no outs, scored a run. I started to play a lot more attention then. Turned to the game literally before Longoria hit the 3 run shot. I was getting excited. ( I wanted a play-in game).

Back to Sox game, was a battle. Back to Rays game two hitters before the game tying homer... And on and on.

Loved the O's coming back and beating the Sox. Also was nice some ex-Rangers had major hand in it. Then turned game to watch Longoria hit that line drive out. I literally thought "It would be awesome to see him hit another here" a few pitches before he did...
    Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
      To preserve the integrity of the game. The Orioles, Astros, Yankees and Phillies were all in the same position last night.

I agree. Maybe I should say, the players that were on the field were trying and the coach could care less? Because he decides who plays and he dicided to pull the starters after being up 7-0

Comment

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. you play to win the fucking game!
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

With last night wrapping up the regular season, The BBWAA awards begin their voting process. What does everyone think about the following?

Manager of the year: Kirk Gibson(AZ) and Joe Maddon(TB)
          Cy Young: Kershaw(LAD) and Verlander(DET)
          MVP:Kemp(LAD) or Braun(MIL) and Gonzalez(BOS) or Granderson
          Rookie of the year: Freddie Freeman or Craig Kimbrel(ATL) and Trumbo(ANA)*

*I honestly don't know much about the AL rookies - I've just heard Trumbo's name brought up a ton over the last month or so.

And yes, I'm a little biased with the Braves Rookie of the Year picks.

Comment

Young had a career year and still couldn't pull it off (individually). Kinda disappointing.
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              Anyone hear the stats on some of the stuff that happened last night?

When TB was down in the middle of the game their odds of a comeback win were 1:172.

One month ago when Boston had a 9 game WC lead, and the NL had a similar situation brewing, the odds of both TB and STL making it to the playoff were 1:1783.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. you play to win the fucking game!

Since you can't wrap your brain around what i'm saying, i'll just say YES

Comment

Boston Manager Terry Francona isnt being retained.
                  Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                  Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                  Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                    Boston Manager Terry Francona isnt being retained.
                    Just heard that on ESPN. He'll make some team a great manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Just heard that on ESPN. He'll make some team a great manager.
                      They showed it on the ticker during the Rangers game today every 5 minutes.
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                        They showed it on the ticker during the Rangers game today every 5 minutes.
                        I left the office late, so I only caught the last two innings via picture in picture. My son wouldn't let me turn Curious George off when I got home.

Comment

Where does he go and who replaces him?

He has minor league managing ties to the White Sox who have an opening now that Ozzie is gone.

The only other teams I think may have a managerial change in the off season would be the Twins, Padres, or Rockies(without looking at mgr contracts). I doubt the Twins change because a lot of this year's failure was due to injuries - and Gardenhire is well liked in MN.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                            Where does he go and who replaces him?

He has minor league managing ties to the White Sox who have an opening now that Ozzie is gone.

The only other teams I think may have a managerial change in the off season would be the Twins, Padres, or Rockies(without looking at mgr contracts). I doubt the Twins change because a lot of this year's failure was due to injuries - and Gardenhire is well liked in MN.
                            I think he will fit well in Chicago.
                            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                            Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Texas if Warsh shows his ineptness at bullpen management during this playoff series again.
                              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Working...
                              X