Official 2011 FA Frenzy Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2011 FA Frenzy Thread

This is going to be such a madhouse, figured we should keep track of it in one thread.

Giants sign Herzlich (LB)
    QB Pat Devlin to Miami.
    Cowboys sign all rookie free agents.
    Baltimore to release Derrick Mason tomorrow (WR).
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    Baltimore to release Derrick Mason tomorrow (WR).
    Along with Todd Heap, and Willis Mcghee.

Do we have a DFWM yahoo fantasy league going yet?

Comment

McGahee I can see. That's a little surprising about Heap.

Comment

Yea, when I heard Heap, I was surprised. It seems they are getting rid of the old all together there.

Comment

Barber, Davis, and Columbo were released by Dallas per Adam Schefter. I guess that's a good sign for Free. It's a good thing Smashburger is going well for Davis and Columbo. lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if they try to re-sign one of the two OL.

Comment

High 5. About time we trimmed some fat.

Comment

We got to make cap room for that CB from Oakland.

Comment

Now there are rumblings that they misreported Columbo... I'd like to see a few more cuts, personally.

Comment

Schefter just tweeted that Roy has been notified, he's a goner.

Comment

Comment

Cowboys cut Kris Brown. Makes sense. They signed a kicker (possibly two) yesterday. I know one was from OSU.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        Cowboys cut Kris Brown. Makes sense. They signed a kicker (possibly two) yesterday. I know one was from OSU.

If they would've drafted Mason Crosby when they had the chance, they woudln't be in this situation. Still can't believe they passed on him for Folk (i think)

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
                          If they would've drafted Mason Crosby when they had the chance, they woudln't be in this situation. Still can't believe they passed on him for Folk (i think)
                          Folk was an excellent kicker up until his injury. And he did just fine when he landed on a new team, as well. It was a mental block, that only changing teams would resolve.

I'd like to see some stats between the two. I bet they aren't as far apart as you think.

Comment

. WR Sidney Rice(notes) – Missed first 10 games of 2010, so this is a projection based on his great 2009 season. But he is the prototype deep threat, big receiver when he’s healthy.

5. WR Santonio Holmes(notes) – Pretty good first season in New York and the Jets would like to keep him. He’s great after the catch. The biggest concern is the off-field issues.

6. WR Braylon Edwards(notes) – Posted his best yards-after-catch average (5.7) since his rookie season. Would be better with a better passing attack. Could use a dose of humility.

*10. WR Steve Smith (Giants) – Microfracture surgery is no joke and Smith had that on his left knee in December. If he was healthy, he’d be the top wide receiver on this list.

29. WR Mike Sims-Walker(notes) – Took a step backward in his development last season, but is still a good No. 2. Not exactly explosive, but he’s better than your typical possession guy.

33. WR Randy Moss(notes) – Moss is at his best when everybody thinks he’s done. He may not have much time left, but he’s worth a low-cost flyer at this point.

45. WR Lance Moore(notes) – There are some people who believe that Moore’s flaws will be exposed if he plays with a team other than the Saints. Maybe, but somebody will take a chance.

52. WR Malcom Floyd(notes) – He’s not fast, but he uses his 6-5 frame very well, which is why he has averaged an impressive 17.3 yards per catch for his career.

56. WR Plaxico Burress – After two years away from the game, questions about his conditioning are a given. However, his red-zone receiving skills also raise concerns.

67. WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh(notes) – When he left Cincinnati, more than a few people with the Bengals privately said a meltdown of his career was coming. How right they were.

*68. WR Mark Clayton(notes) – It’s the same old story with Clayton, who is coming off a torn patellar tendon in his right knee that cost him 11 games. He flashed some talent last season and then got hurt.

69. WR Steve Breaston(notes) – He’s a tough guy, but he’s also a little small (189 pounds). He missed three games because of a knee injury early and wore out in the second half of the season.

*80. WR Terrell Owens(notes) – Despite his agent’s insistence that he’ll be ready to go by the start of the season, offseason knee surgery severely impacts his prospects.

84. WR James Jones(notes) – This dude has all the talent in the world to be great. But when you drop two potential TD passes in the postseason, including one in the Super Bowl, people wonder.

With Roy gone, there are some great guys to pick up at WR. James Jones might be the cheapest and best bet.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              . WR Sidney Rice(notes) – Missed first 10 games of 2010, so this is a projection based on his great 2009 season. But he is the prototype deep threat, big receiver when he’s healthy.

5. WR Santonio Holmes(notes) – Pretty good first season in New York and the Jets would like to keep him. He’s great after the catch. The biggest concern is the off-field issues.

6. WR Braylon Edwards(notes) – Posted his best yards-after-catch average (5.7) since his rookie season. Would be better with a better passing attack. Could use a dose of humility.

*10. WR Steve Smith (Giants) – Microfracture surgery is no joke and Smith had that on his left knee in December. If he was healthy, he’d be the top wide receiver on this list.

29. WR Mike Sims-Walker(notes) – Took a step backward in his development last season, but is still a good No. 2. Not exactly explosive, but he’s better than your typical possession guy.

33. WR Randy Moss(notes) – Moss is at his best when everybody thinks he’s done. He may not have much time left, but he’s worth a low-cost flyer at this point.

45. WR Lance Moore(notes) – There are some people who believe that Moore’s flaws will be exposed if he plays with a team other than the Saints. Maybe, but somebody will take a chance.

52. WR Malcom Floyd(notes) – He’s not fast, but he uses his 6-5 frame very well, which is why he has averaged an impressive 17.3 yards per catch for his career.

56. WR Plaxico Burress – After two years away from the game, questions about his conditioning are a given. However, his red-zone receiving skills also raise concerns.

67. WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh(notes) – When he left Cincinnati, more than a few people with the Bengals privately said a meltdown of his career was coming. How right they were.

*68. WR Mark Clayton(notes) – It’s the same old story with Clayton, who is coming off a torn patellar tendon in his right knee that cost him 11 games. He flashed some talent last season and then got hurt.

69. WR Steve Breaston(notes) – He’s a tough guy, but he’s also a little small (189 pounds). He missed three games because of a knee injury early and wore out in the second half of the season.

*80. WR Terrell Owens(notes) – Despite his agent’s insistence that he’ll be ready to go by the start of the season, offseason knee surgery severely impacts his prospects.

84. WR James Jones(notes) – This dude has all the talent in the world to be great. But when you drop two potential TD passes in the postseason, including one in the Super Bowl, people wonder.

With Roy gone, there are some great guys to pick up at WR. James Jones might be the cheapest and best bet.

Don't need a WR, IMO. Any pennies they have to spend need to be spent more wisely. Aka, DB, FS, SS, LB, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X