Dynamat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamat?

Planning on putting some on my doors to help with some sound issues. When I put it on, is it better to put it on both the inner and outter door skin, just one or the other?
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Let your wallet decide. I cover as much of the outer skin as possible, then all of the inner skin, and all/most of the back of the door panel. My back doors of my F150 have 10 lbs of Dynamat Xtreme and then Dynaxorb panels behind the speakers.

Comment

I'm not sure how much I'm getting but a co-worker just finished a dynamat job in his chrysler 300, he said he had a lot left that he was getting rid of, so I asked for it and he said it's mine. I'm guessing it's either in a roll or those big squares that just stick on, I don't think it's the foam stuff.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I put it everywhere I could in my Explorer. Inside of the outside door skin, outside of the inner door skin, inside of the inner door skin, and back side of the panel. I did that on all 4 doors and the rear hatch. Did the entire floor, roof, every other wall and pillar, and under the hood. I used dynaxorb squares behind all four door speakers. I sprayed Great Stuff into several hollow nooks and crannies. I then upgraded to new custom carpet with a thick rubber backing.

I would put more in if I could. It's already like a vault and flexes very little for the amount of bass I pound on it with. The weak link now as far as road/wind noise is the windows. I have two layers of limo on all of the back windows, but I wish they were thicker or something.

Comment

Working...
        X