My experience @ Grapevine Ford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My experience @ Grapevine Ford

Well I guess I'll go ahead and post up my opinion of GVF... I dealt with Jeff and his sales guy Nick. I felt like overall I got a good deal on the truck I bought... Their finance guy they sent me to is a total piece of shit that tried to rip me off by playing dumb. Don't know how he did it, but he "matched" the rate and term I had pre-approved for @ my credit union, yet his payments were almost $100 more a month. Then he went into some bullshit about how bank calculators don't factor in interest right, etc and thats why its different. I called my bank right there, and asked them what the payment would be and they confirmed the number I was expecting. When I asked him why his was so much higher, he said he'd be right back. 5 mintues later, my salesman came in and said he was going to handle the deal from here. The piece of shit finance guy got caught in a lie, and when he got called out on it, he pawned me back off onto the sales guy (since I was obviously going to use my own financing).

To add fuel to the fire, he shredded my scrap sheet of paper that he wrote his numbers on, and I wrote mine on as well. Even after I told him I needed it back, and he acknowledged that he'd return it, it mysteriously got shredded a few minutes later.

After that, smooth sailing.... until it was time to get some work done that we agreed to at the time of sale (documented on a WE OWE). They were supposed to repair the paint on a wheel... that took a week and a half for them to complete. Then when I got the truck back, my cup holder inserts were missing... 2 weeks of pestering, and nothing. Showed up there today and the sales guy gave me a pair out of a new raptor to replace mine. And still to this day, I do not have the code to the keypad on the door which was requested at the time of sale, and followed up AT LEAST 5 times.

I will just say that I bought the truck on 9/13, and just TODAY got everything taken care of (minus the key code!)

That's where they really dropped the ball. The sale portion was fine. The finance guy can SMD, and if you expect them to do anything after the sale, you better put their number on speed dial, cause you have to pester the shit out of them to push it through in a timely manner.

Probably wouldn't do business again.

Post this in the back porch.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
      Well I guess I'll go ahead and post up my opinion of GVF... I dealt with Jeff and his sales guy Nick. I felt like overall I got a good deal on the truck I bought... Their finance guy they sent me to is a total piece of shit that tried to rip me off by playing dumb. Don't know how he did it, but he "matched" the rate and term I had pre-approved for @ my credit union, yet his payments were almost $100 more a month. Then he went into some bullshit about how bank calculators don't factor in interest right, etc and thats why its different. I called my bank right there, and asked them what the payment would be and they confirmed the number I was expecting. When I asked him why his was so much higher, he said he'd be right back. 5 mintues later, my salesman came in and said he was going to handle the deal from here. The piece of shit finance guy got caught in a lie, and when he got called out on it, he pawned me back off onto the sales guy (since I was obviously going to use my own financing).

To add fuel to the fire, he shredded my scrap sheet of paper that he wrote his numbers on, and I wrote mine on as well. Even after I told him I needed it back, and he acknowledged that he'd return it, it mysteriously got shredded a few minutes later.

After that, smooth sailing.... until it was time to get some work done that we agreed to at the time of sale (documented on a WE OWE). They were supposed to repair the paint on a wheel... that took a week and a half for them to complete. Then when I got the truck back, my cup holder inserts were missing... 2 weeks of pestering, and nothing. Showed up there today and the sales guy gave me a pair out of a new raptor to replace mine. And still to this day, I do not have the code to the keypad on the door which was requested at the time of sale, and followed up AT LEAST 5 times.

I will just say that I bought the truck on 9/13, and just TODAY got everything taken care of (minus the key code!)

That's where they really dropped the ball. The sale portion was fine. The finance guy can SMD, and if you expect them to do anything after the sale, you better put their number on speed dial, cause you have to pester the shit out of them to push it through in a timely manner.

Why haven't you contacted me about this? This is the first I've heard of any of this! Please give me a call or shoot me an email.
      Jeff Stone
      New Car Sales Manager
      Grapevine Ford Lincoln
      Office: 817-481-3531 ext 48102
      Cell: 972-345-9498
      jstone02@vtaig.com

sigpic
      2014 Tremor

Comment

I thought the manager always met the vic...er...prospective buyers?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          I thought the manager always met the vic...er...prospective buyers?
          I did. However, any of the issues he's discussing happened afterwards, and were never brought to my attention.
          Jeff Stone
          New Car Sales Manager
          Grapevine Ford Lincoln
          Office: 817-481-3531 ext 48102
          Cell: 972-345-9498
          jstone02@vtaig.com

sigpic
          2014 Tremor

Comment

Daniel please email me your contact info at agonzalez@vtaig.com
            I will be in touch. Thank you

Comment

I also will probably not do business with GVF again. My experience was similar to Daniel's.

After talking with Jeff throughout the day, I sent the wife down to pick out the car she wanted. She was suppose to deal with Jeff, but he was busy so she got stuck with another sales man. She told him things she specifically did not want. Ie interior color, exterior color etc. Every car he showed her had everything she said she did not want. So after spending close to 5 hours there she settled on a silver 2014 escape with tan interior (tan was a color she specifically said she DID NOT WANT) with them agreeing they would swap the interior to black. This was on sunday. I drove down sunday evening we signed the papers and off we went wife was happy. I called on monday to arrange getting the interior swapped and they informed me that they were only going to swap the seats. This was unacceptable and not what we were told in the beginning, so we returned the car monday night.

Luckily Jeff was available to assist us and poof they magically had the exact car we wanted. Color was perfect, interior, options etc. exactly what we wanted. We agreed on a price and began the grueling waiting process again to resign on this car. After waiting close to 2.5 hours to sign, Jeff asked if we would be ok with him bringing us the contracts to sign and he would have the finance guy mail us our copy the next day. No problem it was around 11 pm and we were tired and hungry lets do it! After 2 weeks, multiple calls, and 3 trips from Aubrey to GVF we were finally able to obtain our copy of the contracts. Huge pain in the ass. All in all we spent around 10+ hours waiting, looking at cars we were not interested in, driving back and forth and the wife dealing with a shitty sales guy that acted like he was only interested in the sale. (this was not Jeff btw)

At the end of the day the wife got the exact car she wanted, price was fair, and she is now happy.

Sorry I don't mean to thread jack just thought I would throw my experience in there also.

Oh and a tip to anyone buying, the price on the extended warranty is negotiable. This being our first time buying a new vehicle I did not know this. We paid close to $2500 for the extended warranty on the wife's escape, and $1500 on my new f150 at a different dealership for the exact same warranty after beating them up over the price.. Wish I would have known that before.

One last thing, when I was in the market for a new f-150, I called Jeff to see what he could get me. Was told he would need to check what he has and can get that fits what I am looking for. Almost 2 months later still no response, so I went to another dealership..

Cliff notes: Jeff was the only sales guy that was helpful, the rest just wanted a sale. Finance guy was great when signing, but anything after he seemed to care less.
              Last edited by Blackpony; 10-13-2014, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                I also will probably not do business with GVF again. My experience was similar to Daniel's.

After talking with Jeff throughout the day, I sent the wife down to pick out the car she wanted. She was suppose to deal with Jeff, but he was busy so she got stuck with another sales man. She told him things she specifically did not want. Ie interior color, exterior color etc. Every car he showed her had everything she said she did not want. So after spending close to 5 hours there she settled on a silver 2014 escape with tan interior (tan was a color she specifically said she DID NOT WANT) with them agreeing they would swap the interior to black. This was on sunday. I drove down sunday evening we signed the papers and off we went wife was happy. I called on monday to arrange getting the interior swapped and they informed me that they were only going to swap the seats. This was unacceptable and not what we were told in the beginning, so we returned the car monday night.

Luckily Jeff was available to assist us and poof they magically had the exact car we wanted. Color was perfect, interior, options etc. exactly what we wanted. We agreed on a price and began the grueling waiting process again to resign on this car. After waiting close to 2.5 hours to sign, Jeff asked if we would be ok with him bringing us the contracts to sign and he would have the finance guy mail us our copy the next day. No problem it was around 11 pm and we were tired and hungry lets do it! After 2 weeks, multiple calls, and 3 trips from Aubrey to GVF we were finally able to obtain our copy of the contracts. Huge pain in the ass. All in all we spent around 10+ hours waiting, looking at cars we were not interested in, driving back and forth and the wife dealing with a shitty sales guy that acted like he was only interested in the sale. (this was not Jeff btw)

At the end of the day the wife got the exact car she wanted, price was fair, and she is now happy.

Sorry I don't mean to thread jack just thought I would throw my experience in there also.

Oh and a tip to anyone buying, the price on the extended warranty is negotiable. This being our first time buying a new vehicle I did not know this. We paid close to $2500 for the extended warranty on the wife's escape, and $1500 on my new f150 at a different dealership for the exact same warranty after beating them up over the price.. Wish I would have known that before.

One last thing, when I was in the market for a new f-150, I called Jeff to see what he could get me. Was told he would need to check what he has and can get that fits what I am looking for. Almost 2 months later still no response, so I went to another dealership..

Cliff notes: Jeff was the only sales guy that was helpful, the rest just wanted a sale. Finance guy was great when signing, but anything after he seemed to care less.
                I am sorry to hear that your experience was less than excellent. Please reach out to me at agonzalez@vtaig.com if there is something I can do to turn that around.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post

Your post reminded me of a part of my experience that I did not include.

I went to look at the truck initially on a Friday afternoon. Came back that night, and started negotiating on numbers. Part of our deal was that they would fix the wheel that had the paint chipped off of it. Got the numbers where I wanted, but it was late, & I wanted to sleep on it and come back in the morning. The salesman goes to tell whomever he is going back and forth with at the time that I wanted to come back the next day, and that gentleman, which I don't recall his name, came over to tell me that if I left, the manager might not honor the deal tomorrow since he made it contingent upon selling the vehicle that night. I told him that if his word is only good for 12 hours at a time, then I would go somewhere else to do business. He shook my hand and told me to come back tomorrow, which I did.

So after buying the truck, I waited until the middle of the next week to call and schedule to have it fixed. I drop the truck off, they put me in a loaner, and off I go. Three days later, I call to follow up, and I am told that they can't fix the wheel because the manager that agreed to it that original night didn't put it in as part of the deal the next day, and now that the deal is done, they can't go back and add it. I told the salesman that I did not accept that answer, and that if they were not going to fix the wheel I would be calling my bank to let them know that they just funded on a truck that the dealer breached the contract on. So he tries to tell me that I need to come in and sit down and talk with the manager, to which I said I am NOT coming back until you guys either fix the truck like you promised, or give me my trade back and reverse the deal all together. He calls back about 10 minutes later, and tells me to pretend that he never called, they are going to take care of the wheel. Four days later the wheel is done, picked the truck up.

Noticed the next day that the rubber cup holder inserts were now missing. Figured it was from when they detailed it after getting the wheel fixed. Called the salesman, he wanted me to come get one. Told him I was tired of driving from mesquite to grapevine, and requested that he just mail it to me. He agreed, and we hung up. Almost two weeks later, and nothing had shown up. Called again, but he was busy so I sent him a text. Two days later nothing, no reply, no calls, Napa. So I just showed up on scene unannounced, and that is when he gave me the ones out of the Raptor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

That is some real petty shit to pull on a customer that presumably just spent tens of thousands of dollars.

Comment

Now, are you guys just posting these, or actually getting with Tony to see if there's a way to solve this?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                        Now, are you guys just posting these, or actually getting with Tony to see if there's a way to solve this?

The first half of the story was posted before Tony joined. I assume Daniel is trying to get the cup holder thing fixed without having to drive up there again.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          The first half of the story was posted before Tony joined. I assume Daniel is trying to get the cup holder thing fixed without having to drive up there again.
                          I'm not just talking about Daniel, but all these people coming out with stories. I guess I should have put it in the other thread.

Comment

Don't sweat it, I don't know why I said he was wanting to get it resolved when he said he got the ones out of a Raptor anyway. I've already had coffee this morning and everything, too..

Comment

Your post reminded me of a part of my experience that I did not include.

I went to look at the truck initially on a Friday afternoon. Came back that night, and started negotiating on numbers. Part of our deal was that they would fix the wheel that had the paint chipped off of it. Got the numbers where I wanted, but it was late, & I wanted to sleep on it and come back in the morning. The salesman goes to tell whomever he is going back and forth with at the time that I wanted to come back the next day, and that gentleman, which I don't recall his name, came over to tell me that if I left, the manager might not honor the deal tomorrow since he made it contingent upon selling the vehicle that night. I told him that if his word is only good for 12 hours at a time, then I would go somewhere else to do business. He shook my hand and told me to come back tomorrow, which I did.

So after buying the truck, I waited until the middle of the next week to call and schedule to have it fixed. I drop the truck off, they put me in a loaner, and off I go. Three days later, I call to follow up, and I am told that they can't fix the wheel because the manager that agreed to it that original night didn't put it in as part of the deal the next day, and now that the deal is done, they can't go back and add it. I told the salesman that I did not accept that answer, and that if they were not going to fix the wheel I would be calling my bank to let them know that they just funded on a truck that the dealer breached the contract on. So he tries to tell me that I need to come in and sit down and talk with the manager, to which I said I am NOT coming back until you guys either fix the truck like you promised, or give me my trade back and reverse the deal all together. He calls back about 10 minutes later, and tells me to pretend that he never called, they are going to take care of the wheel. Four days later the wheel is done, picked the truck up.

Noticed the next day that the rubber cup holder inserts were now missing. Figured it was from when they detailed it after getting the wheel fixed. Called the salesman, he wanted me to come get one. Told him I was tired of driving from mesquite to grapevine, and requested that he just mail it to me. He agreed, and we hung up. Almost two weeks later, and nothing had shown up. Called again, but he was busy so I sent him a text. Two days later nothing, no reply, no calls, Napa. So I just showed up on scene unannounced, and that is when he gave me the ones out of the Raptor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
                              I am very displeased to hear that it was that difficult to get a wheel fixed and a cupholder taken care of. Please email me at agonzalez@vtaig.com We can talk about doing something for you to make this right.

Comment

Working...
                              X