FML- hired an attorney regarding speeding ticket and just got an FTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FML- hired an attorney regarding speeding ticket and just got an FTA

Son of a bitch I'm pissed. I hired an attorney regarding my recent speeding ticket and she said she submitted paperwork for a court date. Well I get the mail tonight and have a nice failure to appear letter in addition to my original fine and now owe $625 and now possibly face a warrant being issued. What in holy fuck was my attorney doing?!? Yes I know im calling her first thing n the morning but fuck me running. Anyone else had this happen before?

yes, actually... it was a female too... never hire a female atty apparently! LOL

she got the FTA/warrant lifted and eventually took care of the ticket, but what a PITA, right?
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I'd be in her ass like a bicycle with the seat off.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
        I'd be in her ass like a bicycle with the seat off.
        Because of the ticket or just on general principle?

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
          Because of the ticket or just on general principle?
          Very nice!
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Oh yeah, Huuuge fuck up. I'd be livid.
            Vortex rear stand $75
            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
            11 4 door
            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Its real common. "No worries officer, I gave this to my attorney"

Problem is, your lawyer doesn't have to sit in jail when they drop the ball and let it go to warrant.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                Son of a bitch I'm pissed. I hired an attorney regarding my recent speeding ticket and she said she submitted paperwork for a court date. Well I get the mail tonight and have a nice failure to appear letter in addition to my original fine and now owe $625 and now possibly face a warrant being issued. What in holy fuck was my attorney doing?!? Yes I know im calling her first thing n the morning but fuck me running. Anyone else had this happen before?

Sounds like the attorney was taking your money!

Comment

Originally posted by jp135 View Post
                  its real common. "no worries officer, i gave this to my attorney"

problem is, your lawyer doesn't have to sit in jail when they drop the ball and let it go to warrant.
                  bingo!

Comment

Chances of an attorney getting a ticket dismissed anymore are slim to none, so why pay them to get you deferred or to be told you can take defensive driving to keep it off your record when you can do it yourself?

I guess if it is over a certain speed it may disqualify you from taking the above but beyond that I don't waste the money on them anymore. I miss the days when you had a real chance of the cops not showing up for court lol

Comment

Originally posted by 94form2000z View Post
                      Chances of an attorney getting a ticket dismissed anymore are slim to none, so why pay them to get you deferred or to be told you can take defensive driving to keep it off your record when you can do it yourself?

I guess if it is over a certain speed it may disqualify you from taking the above but beyond that I don't waste the money on them anymore. I miss the days when you had a real chance of the cops not showing up for court lol
                      I got a 100 or 120mph (dont remember which) ticket on GB when it was still a 60about 2 years ago. I got a lawyer just hoping to get deferred. Ended up being dismissed.

Comment

horse shit... I've got an attorney in my town that gets all my shit dismissed. He's expensive, but once I've burnt up my deferred and defensive driving options, he's my go-to. dismissed every time, guaranteed.

gotta love the power of a bribe!
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

That's not always the case. I've had several dismissed.

But for $55-$75 and not have to take off work and go deal with courthouse BS, I'm in. It's a service.
                          Vortex rear stand $75
                          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                          11 4 door
                          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

I did this before in Cali and the EXACT same thing happend to me, so I called the attorny and they said it was a mix up that happened all the time because they are usually there handling so many cases all the time. Didnt exactly comfort me but they said they would take care of it and they did.

Comment

I do it on occasion just so I don't have to go up there myself. You're just paying em to do the grunt work for you most of the time.
                              .223 > 911

Comment

Working...
                              X