DFW Cerakoter recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFW Cerakoter recommendation?

I've been putting this off for to long but I need to get my Kimber refinished due to some surface rust it picked up (again) the last time I carried it while camping. Does anyone have any local recommendations on who I can take it to? I have one recommendation for Wylie Custom Gun Coatings and just wondering if there are anymore.

My friend Andrew - owner at Gemini Arms

Comment

Doesn't Keith do this?
      QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
        Doesn't Keith do this?
        I do. Jose needs it blasted first for a good cerakote adhesion.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

[quote=94mstng94;1602929]My friend Andrew - owner at Gemini Arms/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'll look him up.

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
          Doesn't Keith do this?
          Keith's only home for a short time so I'm not going to bother him with this.

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
          I do. Jose needs it blasted first for a good cerakote adhesion.
          OK so make sure it's been blasted real good. Gotcha! Thanks.

Comment

Jose, if I didn't have so many other things on my plate we could put some color on it at my crib.

Do you have a color or colors in mind?

Comment

Keith, don't sweat it man, I know you are only home for a short time which is why I don't want to bother you with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                Keith, don't sweat it man, I know you are only home for a short time which is why I don't want to bother you with it.
                If you had it apart, blasted, and had your color I wouldn't mind letting you come over and do it. The important part is making sure the surfaces are clean and no oils to include your fingers. Putting down paint only takes a few minutes then we can toss it in the oven for 20 and it will be done. Prep, measuring and cleanup is what takes the longest.

Comment

If you had it apart, blasted, and had your color I wouldn't mind letting you come over and do it. The important part is making sure the surfaces are clean and no oils to include your fingers. Putting down paint only takes a few minutes then we can toss it in the oven for 20 and it will be done. Prep, measuring and cleanup is what takes the longest.
                  20 to bake? Is that duracoat, cerakote is at least an hour and that's for quick cure.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                    20 to bake? Is that duracoat, cerakote is at least an hour and that's for quick cure.
                    Cerakote. I thought all we cured CJ'S stiff was 20. It could have been longer I know we were putting lots of parts in at different times and pulling them out after their alloted time was up. I thought it was 20 but could easily have been an hour. I just don't remember. For duracoat I would only do about 20 minutes but it isn't a ceramic paint.

Comment

Cerakote. I thought all we cured CJ'S stiff was 20. It could have been longer I know we were putting lots of parts in at different times and pulling them out after their alloted time was up. I thought it was 20 but could easily have been an hour. I just don't remember. For duracoat I would only do about 20 minutes but it isn't a ceramic paint.
                      Yeah, 15 is a flash cure for stenciling and patterns, then 1-2 hours for full cure depending on temperature and what the material of the part is. I'm no expert, that's just from my instruction manual.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                        Yeah, 15 is a flash cure for stenciling and patterns, then 1-2 hours for full cure depending on temperature and what the material of the part is. I'm no expert, that's just from my instruction manual.
                        CJ'S stuff wax the only time I've used Cerakote and the real oven. For Duracoat I just tossed it in a box with a lamp. Parts were hitting 120° easily. Now we have an oven in the garage though.

Comment

How bad will it smell stuff up? Like if I wanted to do it at home myself in my kitchen oven and didn't want the wife to USE the gun on ME afterwards?
                          Originally posted by stevo
                          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                            How bad will it smell stuff up? Like if I wanted to do it at home myself in my kitchen oven and didn't want the wife to USE the gun on ME afterwards?
                            I wouldn't try it. I haven't noticed any odors in mine afterwards but it isn't in the house either. There is only a little bit of odor when it was actually baking.

Comment

I have baked a few things in the house oven and it does leave a smell for a little while. The worst odor is from spraying. Jose and birddog, if you guys want to come out to argyle I will help you do your stuff. Just order whatever colors you want and bring them over. I have a blasting cabinet and everything else.

Comment

Working...
                              X