Favorite Earbuds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Earbuds

The Yurbud wired earbuds I had were great until I broke them. Perfect for running or whatever. Went in for a replacement and decided to try the bluetooth Jaybird X2s. I like almost everything about them. They sound great and not having a cord is definitely ideal; however, they just don't get loud enough when I'm trying to rage in the gym. They just need one or two bumps of the volume.

After tons of research I'm kind of convinced that this will be the case of all bluetooth earbuds aside from the ones with the hard collar that goes around your neck.

So, what are your favorite wired/bluetooth earbuds for working out that get loud? Around $100.

I'm interested in what others like as well.

I don't have much to contribute, except to say do not get the Denon Exercise Freak headphones ([ame="http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AH-W150BK-Exercise-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B008MUY48E"]Here[/ame]). They sound great and will probably get to the volume you like, but mine took a shit after 8 months. Sweat would get in them and cause them to do funny things and it started having charging problems. Denon was nice enough to warranty them and send me a new pair, but they did the same thing in just about as much time (6-8 months). At least the price has dropped from $150 to $99.

Comment

I've got some LG Bluetooth buds that have plenty of volume and good bass.

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
        I've got some LG Bluetooth buds that have plenty of volume and good bass.
        Are they like these? [ame]http://www.amazon.com/LG-Wireless-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headset/dp/B0052YFYFK[/ame]

I just really dislike the idea of having a hard collar type thing around my neck.

Comment

Yeah except mine cost 99 bucks I believe, and I remember the ad said they were rated "Top Bluetooth Headset by such and such magazine"... I got used to the collar effect, but I know what you mean...

Comment

I'm cheap and have always been pleased with the cost-to-performance ratio of Skull Candy Inkd. I have some of the Kicker branded ones and am less than pleased.
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I'm tempted to try the JLab Epics [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Wireless-Earbuds-Battery-Waterproof/dp/B00PVRI0OK/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1448983512&sr =1-1&keywords=jlab+epic[/ame]

Anyone have experience with these?

Comment

+1 for magnetic yurbuds in-ear. Best wired set I've owned. Sweatproof and the mic is great. They were around $35 at Best Buy.

Comment

I have a set of Klipsch X12i and could not live without them. The sound quality and bass these things put out is very surprising, definitely capable of playing loud enough to make your ears ring. As a dealer, I paid far less than advertised, if you're interested, PM me.

Comment

I don't know what the fuck is wrong with my ears, but i can get EBs to stay in for any length of time, so I just bought some over the ear Beats. They are big, leak sound, but I like them and they are sound cancelling too.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Shure SE315's

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SE315-K-Isolating-Definition-MicroDriver/dp/B00426DND4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1449001163&sr=8-4&keywords=sure+in+ear+monitor[/ame]

Nice full range, noise isolating, not to much bass, ported, and I hear shit i've never heard before with these things. I like them alot. I found they work best with a double or triple flange.

Comment

I have some Synchros Reflect BT from JBL that are pretty legit. I don't run that much so I bought me a pair of Wireless Beats Studios instead to workout in.

Comment

I'm a cheap ass....so I use beats. Love them didnt think they would sound as good as they do.
                          Originally posted by Da Prez
                          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

I guess you can call it cheap but I like the apple ear plugs.
                            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                            Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

I loved my wired in ear Bose earbuds. They were comfortable and the sound quality was awesome. Unfortunately after owning them a few years (maybe 5?) the insulation on the wiring started to come apart. They still worked but it was only a matter of time before the wires came apart as well. I had called Bose and complained about them and they offered me a pretty big discount on a new set but I failed to follow through with it afterwards.

I've own a set of Jaybird Bluebud X's for a year now and love them. Sound quality is good, no complaints about the volume, and I like how compact they are. I've seen other wireless earbuds that are bulky and love the fact that a lot of people have trouble telling that I have the Bluebuds on.

Love wireless headsets. I also own an old set of Motorola S805's that I've had for 6 or 7 years. Still works great, volume is loud enough, wish the sound quality was better but I can't complain, well worth whatever I paid for them and they still look pretty new. I picked up a cheap Bluetooth over ear headsets on Amazon last year, but other than being smaller they weren't really better than the Motorola's.

I wouldn't mind picking up another pair of Bose earbuds, but if I do they will be a noise cancelling model.

Comment

Working...
                              X