Amazon Prime vs. Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Prime vs. Netflix

So I recently got an Amazon Prime trail account to order some stuff for a trip I took last month and started watching some of the streaming content. I ordered some more stuff and watched more streaming content and decided to go ahead and do a year subscription to Prime.

Who all has tried both and what did you think? For the price, it's kinda hard to beat Amazon Prime (especially if you but a lot of stuff on Amazon). So far I've been watching a lot of TV shows I like on Prime and hadn't watched much on Netflix since I started.

I have both to and find myself using Amazon Prime more and more and Netflix less and less. The Amazon Prime is tough be beat if you buy alot from Amazon. The free 2 day shipping and Saturday and Sunday delivery is great. Just with the saving on shipping alone has paid for my Amazon Prime account a couple of times over. My Netflix costs me $103.80 a year, about the same has Prime is now and doesn't have any of the Prime extras. I will probably cancel it soon.

Comment

Amazon prime all the way, for all the reasons stated above.

Comment

I've used both, prefer Netflix. Amazon did add a bunch of shit recently though.

Comment

Selection on Prime is a LOT better, and seems to be a shitload more content as well.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Both.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Netflix adds content often and frequently each week while Amazon streaming doesn't and i can see it getting stale after a while

Comment

I prefer Netflix, amazon seems to get either the same things, or after Netflix drops it.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I have both but use amazon more. I like that even if its not streaming on prime that month and I want to watch something specific I can just search and rent it.
                  1997 viper gts
                  1986 turbo mustang
                  1987 Buick grand national
                  1972 nova

Comment

I use Netflix and Hulu, I got rid of prime, the content sucked and I didn't order enough stuff to justify it.
                    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

I have Amazon Prime because I buy a ton of shit from Amazon. I literally get boxes every single day.

That said, I don't use it for streaming, or anything at all outside of ordering cool merchandise. How does that even work?

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                        I have Amazon Prime because I buy a ton of shit from Amazon. I literally get boxes every single day.

That said, I don't use it for streaming, or anything at all outside of ordering cool merchandise. How does that even work?
                        There should be a drop down menu in the top right for Your Prime that shows the options.

So far I like the selection on Prime. Really haven't gotten a feel for how often the selection is updated. The one thing I do hate is the interface is not as polished as Netflix. That would be my only gripe.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                          There should be a drop down menu in the top right for Your Prime that shows the options.

So far I like the selection on Prime. Really haven't gotten a feel for how often the selection is updated. The one thing I do hate is the interface is not as polished as Netflix. That would be my only gripe.
                          I've been using prime to rewatch the Sopranos. Into season 6 now. Worth the purchase price for that plus good shipping. Everything else is gravy.

Comment

Back to the top!
                            I've been watching Netflix, and just got back into Prime for shipping shit. So far tho, I am not seeing much in the Prime Instant Video section that looks good/better than Netflix. Am I missing something? Are any of the Prime series (Like their version of House of Cards, don't recall the name) any good?

I've maybe watched parts of about 5 or 6 shows/movies, and so far don't really like it, but maybe I'm missing some of their good content.

BTW, 2 weeks and a day till Season 3 House of Cards is available.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                              Back to the top!
                              I've been watching Netflix, and just got back into Prime for shipping shit. So far tho, I am not seeing much in the Prime Instant Video section that looks good/better than Netflix. Am I missing something? Are any of the Prime series (Like their version of House of Cards, don't recall the name) any good?

I've maybe watched parts of about 5 or 6 shows/movies, and so far don't really like it, but maybe I'm missing some of their good content.

BTW, 2 weeks and a day till Season 3 House of Cards is available.
                              I enjoy Prime for the shows that Netflix doesn't have. The only Amazon original content I've watched was the political sitcom, and I've only watched the first season of it. It was ok, but forgettable.

They have a bunch of old HBO shows I like though. The Wire, Sopranos, etc. Mel gets her TrueBlood fix, as well as a few others I don't watch.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X