Side by side or over under question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side by side or over under question.

Hey guys, I have just got my residency status in the UK and I will be proceeding to obtain my shotgun certificate to go water fowling in the area next year (hopefully). I have checked with my council area and thames valley police department and I have confirmed that even though its an extensive process I can import a firearm that meets specifications from the US to the UK. So. Since I dont want to spend over £1000 for an AYA No.2 side by side. I rather pick up something more economical that still does the job from the states when I go over in March. Does anyone have any suggestions about a decent cheap side by side or over under shotgun that I can obtain for under $500? Please school me also on chockes if they have them and if they can fire slugs and or 00buck.

Much appreciated

Adolfo
    First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

I've heard a lot of good things about this guy...

I think there is a kit for 20 and 12 ga as well.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
      I've heard a lot of good things about this guy...

I think there is a kit for 20 and 12 ga as well.
      Lumberjack approved.

Comment

haha

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
          Lumberjack approved.

Spotted Owls don't kill themselves, dude.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I picked up a cheap stoeger auto loader and have no problems at all. I'm sure their other rifles are at least decent.

Comment

I have had really good luck with my Yildiz O/U from Academy. It was much better feeling than the Stoeger was when I was handling them in the store. Several others on here have shot it too.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                I picked up a cheap stoeger auto loader and have no problems at all. I'm sure their other rifles are at least decent.
                Autoloaders are illegal in the UK. OOps sorry just read the rest of it. Stupid phone.
                First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

I dare you to buy a swank over & under.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    I have a P-350 and have had nothing but problems with it. Jamming, and FTE so I sent it in for warranty work and it came back doing the same thing, after 4 months of waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                      I have had really good luck with my Yildiz O/U from Academy. It was much better feeling than the Stoeger was when I was handling them in the store. Several others on here have shot it too.
                      I second this, that gun shot very well, good trigger. And it's in your budget.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Mr Fiux, you coming back to DFW? Im pretty much always up for dusting clays, if you are going to be in town hit me up. You can check mine out and shoot it before you make your decision.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The Yildiz (or however it is spelled) is a good gun too. They are better looking and seemed a little more solid. The Stoegers I looked at have auto ejectors though. Depends how important you find that feature.

Personally, I thought it was a luxury feature until I had it. It is...but I really dig it and would not buy an O/U without it.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                            Personally, I thought it was a luxury feature until I had it. It is...but I really dig it and would not buy an O/U without it.
                            unless you reload your shells, which i do.

glad mine has extractors, i pluck them out, and toss them in my pouch

Comment

i wouldnt get a stoeger o/u personally. the guy at dicks was telling me a lot of them have been returned and sent off due to firing pin problems, and the condor i held was HEAVY.

i'm pretty happy with my cz cansvasback for an entry level o/u..

actually, i take back the heavy part on the stoeger, i think it was one of the berettas or brownings i was looking at while at academy. i just remember it was noticeably heavier than the yildiz i was holding just prior.
                              Last edited by dsrtuckteezy; 10-31-2013, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X