Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do engines and transmissions scrap for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do engines and transmissions scrap for?

My mom found a slant six engine/intake/manual transmission in her back yard(long story) and called me to see if I wanted it. the catch is that she wants me to pay scrap prices to her. I think it would be around 400lbs of cast iron. Anyone know how much that would sell for at the scrap yard?

SHouldn't you be getting it for free? You are basicaly cleaning up her back yard.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
      My mom found a slant six engine/intake/manual transmission in her back yard(long story) and called me to see if I wanted it. the catch is that she wants me to pay scrap prices to her. I think it would be around 400lbs of cast iron. Anyone know how much that would sell for at the scrap yard?
      i believe a slant six is more than that.you could get more for it goin to a machine shop and seein how much they'll buy it for if its useable

Comment

What a family.

Comment

I just cored a 6.4 powerstroke for $1500
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Steel goes for pennies a pound. 400 pounds worth of steel would only get you around 30 bucks.

Comment

When I scraped one of my mustangs, minus engine and transmission, I got $27
              .....bro....

Comment

say it with me...

"CORE"
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                  What a family.
                  Iv often refrained from posting my family drama. this is actually the second slant six. My mom inherited her house from her dad that was an automotive mechanic. He had a complete slant six 225 with 3 speed tranny and all accessories bolted on. My grandpa didnt keep stuff around without rebuilding it from the ground up so Im pretty sure this setup had been completely gone through. I told her to not get rid of it and I want it but I didnt have room for it. Fast forward to a few weeks ago-I find a good deal on 2 1950 Dodge trucks. One needs a motor/tranny and the other had a bad body but decent drive train. I was planning on buying both of them and throwing that 225 setup in the nice dodge. I call mom and tell her that I need to come get that motor so she tells me that she and my step dad sold the whole setup for scrap. So i passed on the trucks. Well she was looking for more stuff to scrap and found another 225 short block, intake, and transmission. So she called me and said she found another setup but she really needed to money for it so I need to give her money for it. I could go on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    I just cored a 6.4 powerstroke for $1500
                    Where? I tried coring some cummins engines that I had access to and I couldn't find anyone that would buy them for anything.

Comment

Core on a slant 6 would be nothing, there isn't a core buyer who will pay for it.

I'll jump on it for a potential future lemons project is for scrap value.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                        Core on a slant 6 would be nothing, there isn't a core buyer who will pay for it.

I'll jump on it for a potential future lemons project is for scrap value.
                        How much? Im guessing that the motor/tranny weighs about 400-450lbs @ 10cents/lbs so $40?

Comment

I get $8.50 a hundred here.

Comment

just offer her a price of what it is worth to you

Comment

Working...
                            X