• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coyote Flow numbers?

are these pretty accurate?

Flow Numbers
    Stock Coyote Heads
    Lift (Inches) Intake (CFM) Exhaust (CFM)
    0.200 180.2 147.8
    0.300 243.5 180.0
    0.400 280.0 189.7
    0.500 289.4 201.4
    Last edited by Sickwindsor; 11-27-2012, 08:25 AM.

if accurate then I'm not impressed
    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

True flow numbers are hard to come by. The most common comparison seems to be with the Yates D3 heads, which commonly have a peak intake flow of approx. 435 cfm. The Coyote heads are said to flow a bit better. I'd love to see some real numbers though.

Comment

This is where I got the data posted above.

It looks like most of the port work is on the ext. side for the TEA ported comparison.

Comment

Who makes big lift cams for these motors?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickwindsor View Post
            Comp cams is only company making them they have 3 stages. I believe stage 3 is aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
              if accurate then I'm not impressed
              bunch o junk, throw it in the gutter

A bolton non boss coyote makes near ls7 rwhp, not bad!
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

You will be disappointed.
                Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post

I understand your view. I think the coyote is a great engine. However past the bolt on stage is what I am addressing. Your engine is still a air pump limited by the restrictions that will limit the power potential overall.

If ported the heads flow well but are limited by piston to valve clearance and you can only add duration that limits what the engine can do.

Stage 3 cam specs are 236/243 Intake and Exaust at .050" and only .492/.453 I/E lift.

This is a pretty mild cam for a a old 302. Just trying to wrap my head around the new ones.

Luke

Comment

There's no point in big lift cams. The new engines don't need them. They have a ton of valve area, and over 100% volumetric efficiency stock. Save your pennies to throw a power adder at one, and better rods, if you're scared.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      There's no point in big lift cams. The new engines don't need them. They have a ton of valve area, and over 100% volumetric efficiency stock. Save your pennies to throw a power adder at one, and better rods, if you're scared.
                      I agree they are very nice engines. If there was a N/A racing class for the coyote you might change your mind about cams.

Luke

Comment

I agree they are very nice engines. If there was a N/A racing class for the coyote you might change your mind about cams.

Luke
                        I doubt I do. Do some more reading.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
                          True flow numbers are hard to come by. The most common comparison seems to be with the Yates D3 heads, which commonly have a peak intake flow of approx. 435 cfm. The Coyote heads are said to flow a bit better. I'd love to see some real numbers though.
                          I really doubt they flow close to that. Everything I've seen puts in the high 290s low 300s.

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post

Never said it was junk, but those flow numbers don't impress me by themselves
                          1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                            I really doubt they flow close to that. Everything I've seen puts in the high 290s low 300s.

Never said it was junk, but those flow numbers don't impress me by themselves
                            That's why I said I'd love to see some real numbers. The only articles I can ever find compare the D3's and the Coyotes. If they actually flow that well, I'd be amazed.

Comment

You guys know there are two intake valves on every cylinder, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X