alligator tears off man's hand, man is arrested for feeding alligator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alligator tears off man's hand, man is arrested for feeding alligator

Talk about adding insult to injury: An Everglades tour guide who lost his hand to an alligator last month was arrested over the weekend, charged with unlawful alligator feeding.

Wallace Weatherholt, a 63-year-old airboat captain, was leading a tour on June 12 when the group encountered a 9-foot alligator. Passengers told the Fort Myers News-Press that Weatherholt "hung a fish over the side of the boat and had his hand at the water's surface when the alligator attacked."

Wildlife officials then tracked and killed the alligator, according to the paper. They "retrieved Weatherholt's hand from its stomach, but doctors were unable to reattach it."

Weatherholt was charged with unlawful feeding, a second-degree misdemeanor, on Friday. He posted $1,000 and was released from Collier County Jail.

Feeding alligators is illegal in the state of Florida, where at least 19 people have been cited in the last two years, according to West Palm Beach's WPTV. The charges carry a fine of up to $500 and possible jail time.
    Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

You have to hand it to the guy, he was quick thinking by trying to make friends with the alligator by feeding it......

Comment

play stupid games...

Comment

They cops totally erred when they fingered the guy. Not only was he arrested, but the fine is in the triple-digits!
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

The alligator sure bit the hand that fed it.
          Men have become the tools of their tools.
          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Those weren't alligator tears.
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I wonder if they took him away in a hand-cuff?

Stevo
              Originally posted by SSMAN
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I can see the Wildlife Divisions point. I mean, on one hand, it is illegal to feed them, on the other ha... Wait, he doesn't have the other hand.

Comment

Good thing the fines werent an arm and a leg

Comment

The cops tried to give him a hand.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I wonder if he suffered any carpal punishment at the hands of the police?
                      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I heard his profession was being a handyman.

Comment

Bet the handcuffs were ineffective.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I wonder if the aligator got the best of him.
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

He won't be going "hands on" any more.

Comment

Working...
                              X