RIP Sheriff Taylor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Sheriff Taylor.

Andy Griffith died this morning at the age off 86.

Another great loss.

Is it just me, or does it seem like everyone is trying to kick the bucket before this next election?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
      Is it just me, or does it seem like everyone is trying to kick the bucket before this next election?
      IIRC he was waaaaaaay out in lefty land.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
        Looks like his beloved medicare didn't help him.

Would the sheriff of Mayberry mislead you about Medicare? Alas, yes. In a new TV spot from the Obama administration, actor Andy Griffith, famous for his 1960s portrayal of the top law enforcement official in the fictional town of Mayberry, N.C., touts benefits of the new health care law. Griffith tells his fellow senior citizens, "like always, we’ll have our guaranteed [Medicare] benefits." But the truth is that the new law is guaranteed to result in benefit cuts for one class of Medicare beneficiaries —

Comment

Well I'll be! Weird that I was just looking him up to see if he was alive or not not too long ago when Goob kicked.
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

RIP. I grew up on The Andy Griffith show, gomer Pile, and I love Lucy reruns. I was actually wondering about him a few weeks ago. Sad to hear. I'll be whistling that intro all day.

Stay hard Andy Griffith

Comment

Man, when I get rich and famous and old, I hope I don't fall for endorsing some company or something that turns around and makes me look clueless or like an ass. I can think of a few endorsements that later tarnished a person's legacy.

Comment

I'll crack a few beers tonight while watching The Andy Griffith on Netflix to him. Albeit a bit before a lot of our time - we all still saw a bunch of those iconic shows.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  Stay hard Andy Griffith
                  This. I'm from NC and grew up watching his show. You can't beat the good, clean humor and all the life lessons that show contained. I think I'm going to dust off the old box sets at home tonight and watch a few episodes.

Comment

I've never had an idol, but if I had one, he would be it. I grew up watching him on various shows and I learned a lot of good values from him on how to treat people with kindness and respect.
                    Last edited by line-em-up; 07-03-2012, 09:03 AM.

Comment

The Andy Griffith show is one of the best tv shows ever.

Comment

Someone needs to autoplay the intro on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                          Someone needs to autoplay the intro on this thread.
                          I was just trying to find a good clip for it.

Comment

Great man, great celebrity. he is truly an American Icon and will be missed.

Comment

We had this LP when I was a kid.

Comment

Working...
                              X