Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there such thing as a quality undershirt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there such thing as a quality undershirt?

I'm done with the cheap hanes shirts at wal-mart that end up with a stretched neck after a while and wearing a regular shirt under my uniform is killing me already. 100+ degree heat is going to be murder. Is there such thing as a good quality undershirt? I'll pay for them if they last

bacon neck?

Comment

I'd imagine some of the under armor stuff or general workout shirts (more the running kind) would work. All available in the different colors. What qualities are you looking for out of it?

It's only going to wick so much sweat before soaked, some are fairly porous - but most of those should last a good while.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I decided to spend more on undershorts recently and went with some white Polo ones and they have far exceeded the Wally world Haynes 4 packers

Comment

iNC were also really fucking nice, fit a lot better and lasted far longer.

Comment

http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Hanes has a better quality lineup called the Perfect Tee. You can find them at Target for around 5-10 bucks each. Much more comfortable, available in crewnecks for V's, and they don't wear out like the cheaper hanes shirts.

Comment

If you don't want to drop the coin on Underarmor shirts go back to wal mart and pick up a few of the Starter synthetic shirts that are similar to the underarmor ones. I've got UA and Starter (Target has a simliar brand called Champion IIRC) and can't tell the difference between the two honestly.

Same thing for the synthetic underwear. I have both brands both are just as good but Starter is half the cost. I don't even own cotton underwear anymore.

Those are pretty much all I wear under my riding gear. During the summer it's very helpful and you don't get the shirt bunched up like a cotton shirt. This stuff just lets the gear slide around a bit and makes it that much more comfortable.
                2004 Suzuki DL650
                1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

I hear ya. I got mine from the Calvin Klein factory outlet. They are $9/ea-ish ($28/3 pack) but do not stretch and last 5x longer than the Hanes specials...

Comment

I was very impressed with the kirklands/Costco. They are a bit thicker than I usually prefer, but are good quality.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                      I decided to spend more on undershorts recently and went with some white Polo ones and they have far exceeded the Wally world Haynes 4 packers
                      I've got some Polo's as well, decent shirt. I also have some Hanes comfort soft t's that I bought at Kohl's, and haven't ad an issue with turkey neck. I've worn a couple to the point of wearing small holes, and the neck was still fine. I do almost always wear them under a dress shirt and tie, so having a collar buttoned over them has a bit to do with it.

I can't seem to keep any of them perfectly white for more that 6 months or so, even with bleaching, so I toss them in the rag pile, and buy new ones. If I am going to spend a lot of money on a t-shirt, it's one that will be seen, and won't be white.

Comment

The Starter ones at Walmart suck, UA is much better at keeping you cool and are about 5 times thinner.

Comment

American Apparel

Scratch that. They've nearly doubled their prices.
                          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Gap has a pretty good under shirt. Thin and breathes well but it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                              The Starter ones at Walmart suck, UA is much better at keeping you cool and are about 5 times thinner.
                              I own both and wear both and honestly I couldn't tell you that much of a difference between them other than the seams being a bit thicker.
                              2004 Suzuki DL650
                              1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Working...
                              X