My 2011 5.0 runs in the nines!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2011 5.0 runs in the nines!

We took the 5.0 to Dallas Raceway yesterday, it was a nice day but a lot of wind. I will only run this car how I drive it on the street, so all passes were made with full weight, and on 18" wheels all the way around. The same wheels and tires I drive it daily with. This car still has the stock 3.15 gears, stock converter, stock 6spd auto, stock motor, stockish fuel system, etc.. This car daily drives like a dream! It is very quiet, smooth, & gets good gas mileage. I truly enjoy driving it, even though I normally drive like a grandma. It usually won't see over 1,800rpm on a 20 mile drive to work. At 45mph in 6 gear it is like 1,100rpm, pretty much idles along barely touching the gas.
    I originally planned on twins. I felt like I needed a tubular K member to build the way we planned. A company promised it was almost ready so we waited. After 6 months of waiting I had a conversation with Kenne Bell and shortly after I had a polished 3.6l liquid cooled blower on the car. Since this was the route, I decided to put American Racing Headers and H-pipe. The car already had a Magnaflow 3" street series catback.
    So first pass it spun a little and went 10.17@138, then it hooked good and went 10.02@137 and kind of short shifted 4th. So I adjusted the shift points a little and gave it a little more power out of the hole. It then went the best 60' which was 1.49 but bumped the limiter on a couple shifts so it went 10.02@137 again. At this point I was frustrated and ready to go, but the guys talked me into one more pass. So I dropped the shift points where it hit the limiter and it did perfect. It left hard did a 1.50 60', ran a 6.38@110.86 in the 1/8 and a 9.91@138 in the 1/4. I am super impressed with this car. Driving next to it or in it you would never know that much is done to it. When you floor it, all hell breaks loose.
    BTW it made 760rwhp and 660rwtq thru the stock auto on 15psi with E-85 which is all I ever run.
    Blue 99 cobra with flames 7.7@180, 4.9@146 in the 1/8 on 275 radials. Getting it done on a true 10.5" tire, with a 3.5" bore, 32 valves, and 4 cams.
    The daily: Sonic blue 03 Cobra with twins 1,063rwhp @ 25 psi
    The daily part 2: Kona Blue 2011 5.0 KB 4.2l KB, AR headers & midpipe, 25psi on E-85 900+RW thru the stock auto.
    9.91@138.8 on 18's full weight with 750RW

That's friggin' awesome! What do you guess it would cost someone to emulate your car, mods and all? That's just incredible.

Comment

Awesome man. Any vids of runs?

Comment

Very nice! And to think what it would do with a looser converter and full slicks.
        Last edited by LS1Goat; 11-06-2011, 07:03 PM.

Comment

That's bad ass

Comment

thats awesome
            2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
            2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

good job Manny !
              sigpic
              "Thank you"
              Malone's Horsepower Ranch:
              SHOWMAKERS of AMERICA:
              Pietro's Italian Restorante Vacaville, Ca:
              Lucas Oil:
              Quick Fuel Technology:
              360 Wrap

Comment

Thanks!
                As far as cost I would have to tally it up, I will say it would be less then the cost of a new GT500.
                There is a vid from a camera phone, I'll get someone to post it.
                I have a converter for the car, it felt way quicker and faster with it. However it didn't drive how I like, it felt loose and sloppy daily driving. I am a big baby about that and wanted the car to feel like stock. Right now it drives like totaly stock. I figure if it can drives like stock and can cut 1.4 60' with 18" wheels, I am happy with the stock one. I agree though with the converter and slicks it would go way faster.
                Blue 99 cobra with flames 7.7@180, 4.9@146 in the 1/8 on 275 radials. Getting it done on a true 10.5" tire, with a 3.5" bore, 32 valves, and 4 cams.
                The daily part 2: Kona Blue 2011 5.0 KB 4.2l KB, AR headers & midpipe, 25psi on E-85 900+RW thru the stock auto.

Comment

Yeah, manny, I had a few folks ask how bad I got beat down when we ran LOL at the cruise, I said, 'there's a roots blower and E85 on that car. What do you think!?!'

I ran 7.91@91.2 and you had me an easy 8 cars thru the traps.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Bad Ass, very impressive!

Comment

here are a couple of pics.

Comment

Blocked unless you're a modular ford member.
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Hey Manny. Will u sell the converter to me for my 2012? I spoke to u a while back about a d-1 setup. I went with nx and im lookin for a converter asap.

Comment

you need to up date your signature.
                            http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Last edited by Cmarsh; 11-06-2011, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X