Avtomat Kalashnikova help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avtomat Kalashnikova help

I would like to purchase a Avtomat Kalashnikova, but I know nothing of them, from various post here I have read they suck their aim is not the best and only reason to buy one is to put out lead. Well for me this gun will have more sentimental value and might go hog hunting once in a while so im holding off on getting an ar for a while.

My questions are as follow,
    The price range go from 400-xxx well I am seeking the dfwmustang gun lords advice, what's the difference in brands.
    I've read not to get any Chinese, why?
    Where is the best place to buy one? Gun show gun shop?
    Buy new or used? What should I budget for one?

Like I said I want it more for sentimental value but would lineup get something nice.

Cheaper Than Dirt! is America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter, and we live up to that title. Expect bulk ammo deals, discount firearms, parts to build your next gun and more.

Comment

I think you mean a Semi-Automat Kalashnikova no?
      First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Sentimental value? You or your family fight on the wrong side?

But really, like all things, your budget will determine what kind of AK you can get. For the $430 I paid, I love my IO Inc. AK.
        IMG_0424

Comment

Originally posted by GAP View Post
          Sentimental value? You or your family fight on the wrong side?

But really, like all things, your budget will determine what kind of AK you can get. For the $430 I paid, I love my IO Inc. AK.
          Where did u buy yours?

Is it stamped or milled? Finish furniture?

Comment

Stamped receiver with cheapo plastic furniture. Receiver and barrel are new US made parts. Bought it from Classic Arms (classicarms.us) but they no longer carry them.
            IMG_0424

Comment

Cheaper than dirt has a few century arms aks ranging from 459 and up

Comment

seems gun shows have that base model century wasr 10 for about $400. it's utilitarian.
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

My buddy's got a 74 for sale. It's a Bulgarian parts kit on a Nodak Spud receiver.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                    I would like to purchase a Avtomat Kalashnikova, but I know nothing of them, from various post here I have read they suck their aim is not the best and only reason to buy one is to put out lead. Well for me this gun will have more sentimental value and might go hog hunting once in a while so im holding off on getting an ar for a while.

My questions are as follow,
                    The price range go from 400-xxx well I am seeking the dfwmustang gun lords advice, what's the difference in brands.
                    I've read not to get any Chinese, why?
                    Where is the best place to buy one? Gun show gun shop?
                    Buy new or used? What should I budget for one?

Like I said I want it more for sentimental value but would lineup get something nice.
                    The Chinese MAK-90 is the best AK47 available in my opinion, highest quality. But I don't think a MAK-90 is going to be in your price range. The Century WASR's are.... a crap shoot. Some are fine, some have issues - but that's century for you.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      The Chinese MAK-90 is the best AK47 available in my opinion, highest quality. But I don't think a MAK-90 is going to be in your price range. The Century WASR's are.... a crap shoot. Some are fine, some have issues - but that's century for you.
                      How much is a mak90 supposed to be I see some online for 400?
                      I might looking at the wrong one because that's cheap.

Comment

How much is a mak90 supposed to be I see some online for 400?
                        I might looking at the wrong one because that's cheap.
                        That's pretty damn cheap for a MAK90. They usually go for between $600-1000 - If you can even find one around here. The early models are easier to convert to the standard AK pistol grip configuration and they are milled. They are usually around $900-1,000. Norinco (chinese) makes excellent copies of weapons, what you've read is not correct. They might make shitty everything else, but their weapons usually use factory tooling. The M1A's (polytech), 1911's, AK47's, Uzi's, etc. made by Norinco are all excellent for the cost. Even the stamped Mak90's are higher quality than any other offering with thicker walled steel. I've owned their AK's, M1A's, and Uzi's, all of which functioned flawlessly.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                          That's pretty damn cheap for a MAK90. They usually go for between $600-1000. The early models are easier to convert to the standard AK pistol grip configuration, and they are milled. They are usually around $900-1,000.
                          Gotcha, I'm budgeting about $800 to the fort worth gun show in October I believe, might hit up Irving/las colinas reunion center show this month see what they have,

I'm still not very confident on what I want or should get,

I read the article Matt posted up and have been reading a few other things, have learned a few things but still reading

Comment

Gotcha, I'm budgeting about $800 to the fort worth gun show in October I believe, might hit up Irving/las colinas reunion center show this month see what they have,

I'm still not very confident on what I want or should get,

I read the article Matt posted up and have been reading a few other things, have learned a few things but still reading
                            The really early MAK90's (before the import ban they came in under both Polytech and Norinco) did not have the thumbhole stock, and I consider them to be one of the finest AK's made, even more than original Russian models. But, don't expect to afford one - they are usually 2-3k.

here's an early polytech AK47.

Comment

I just checked the local forums, there are no MAK-90's for sale in the metroplex.

Comment

Working...
                              X