Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brazos @ Whitney Dam

Anyone been in the area lately?

I'm planing on a 8.5 mile trip, starting at the dam tomorrow. The guy who was going to shuttle us up (Dicks canoe rental. We use our own canoe, he just lets us park at his place, and shuttles us up to the dam). He says the water is low, but the trip is doable.
    The guys business is renting canoes, and it was like prying information from him. Granted, we arnt renting from him, but he'll still be making $26 off us.

Has anyone been in this area lately? We've drug the canoe before, but don't want to pull it for 2 miles of the trip or something ridiculous.
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

It's fucking dry... don't go

he says it's do-able because his livlihood is on the line from this drought
    Originally posted by Vertnut
    I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

I was down there on the 4th, water was relly low, maybe a foot to two deep where I was.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
        I was down there on the 4th, water was relly low, maybe a foot to two deep where I was.
        Canoe needs about 8''..

Juggz, That is exactly why I posted this. I understand he could be fucking us to make $26....
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Sounds like "doable" means unless you weigh 100lbs your going to spend lots of time walking and pulling your canoe behind you.

Comment

That's a term used heavily when she's not hot but will work at that given time.
            Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
              Canoe needs about 8''..

Juggz, That is exactly why I posted this. I understand he could be fucking us to make $26....
              It's a good thing you did... I don't think there's 6" of water now... one day of rain didn't even make a small dent in the water levels.

Comment

I didn't even know they offered such trips. I'd love to try it some time. I used to have a lot of family lived around Whitney.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                  I didn't even know they offered such trips. I'd love to try it some time. I used to have a lot of family lived around Whitney.
                  HELL YES they do!!! You definitely need to give it a whirl if you've not done so

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                    Canoe rentals? Me and my buddy enjoy it so much we just bought one. its always fun. There are places all up and down the brazos
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Why not canoe the lake?
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

we were in broken bow 2 weeks ago canoeing and it sucked. i had to push the canoe more than i got to float
                        first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                          Why not canoe the lake?
                          Canoeing on a lake sucks. Canoeing on a river is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                            Why not canoe the lake?
                            Have you been outside?
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                              Have you been outside?
                              Yep.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X