I nearly killed someone last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I nearly killed someone last night.

After dropping my daughter off at volleyball practice last night I thought I was going to go home and work in the garage, but things went sideways immediately.
    I pulled into my neighborhood to see all four doors and trunk open on the black GTP I took ownership of a while back. Then I see someone inside the car crawling around with an arm full of stuff. There's also a box full of things on the ground and a pile of trash next to it. I pulled up next to the car and proceeded to ask the guy what the hell he thought he was doing? He stammered and then told me he was just looking around. This lead to me telling him it would be a good idea to exit the vehicle and promptly fuck all the way off and leave everything where he found it, and that I'm calling the cops.
    I then gunned the throttle and rushed the rest of the way down the block and into my driveway. I run inside, grabbed a pistol (didn't bring one with me that day) put it in my pocket and come back out through the garage to see which way we was running off as I dialed 911. I'd expected to see him high tailing it out of sight but was surprised to see him standing in the middle of the street staring at me like a friggen zombie. So I hung back and talked to the 911 operator. He stood perfectly still for over a minute, then started toward me. He set down his bag and a DVD player I wasn't sure if he'd taken from the car or not and flipped his wig, he just snapped, and started yelling at me "you don't know me, you don't know who I am! You're just a pussy little bitch!" As he did this, He pulled a pocket knife out and held it out in front of him. This is where I pulled my firearm and as firmly as possible told him to get back off my property. that stopped him from moving forward, but he wouldn't move back. I repeated myself several times, gun in plain sight and ready but not pointed directly at him. I felt by this point this guy was such a nut that if I aimed at him he might snap further and I'd be forced to actually shoot him. in his rage he hadn't managed to open the knife yet. (opening the knife or getting much closer was the point of no return in my head) So at this point he's screaming and cursing at me a car length away from me swinging a closed pocket toward me. I'm barking at him in my most authoritative voice I can muster to back up trying to keep the adrenaline from making my voice shake, he's periodically taking little steps toward me, and I'm getting more and more convinced that he is going to make me do something I really don't want to.
    He finally got to the point where I thought he was to close and one last time said "if you take another step forward I'm going to have to shoot you, don't make me shoot you, put down the knife and back up." I don't know if it was him finally realizing I was actually going to shoot him or the distant sound of police sirens becoming audible, but he took a step back, then put the knife back in his pocket. he then started saying that he just wants to talk to me. I replied "step back out in the street and you can talk all you want. He did exactly that, he walked back to the street and stood there staring at me. That's when the first of four police cars pulled up. They cuffed him without incident and searched him, finding no ID, 3 more knifes, and a index card with a phone number on it. The cops called the number and discovered it was a group home and they had lost him. Turns out he's a paranoid schizophrenic, which makes the whole thing a bit more scary in hindsight. Crazy people are more frightening to me than plain Jane dirt bags. At least dirt bags want to live to scam again.
    I really thought I was going to have to shoot that guy, and I'm really glad I didn't. I'm not sure If it reads as fucking scary it really was, I was shaking like a leaf right after. Maybe he will get the care he needs, and Thank God I don't have to live with taking a life. It took me a few hours 3 stiff drinks for my hands to finally stop shaking, but all and all I think it turned out well.
    And for those who don't want to read all that here are the cliff notes.
    I know DFWmustangs is full of Cock heavy Bad ass's that would have arm barred the knife out of his hand and banged his sister, but I'm a 36yo fat kid with a recently injured back and neck, I'm in no condition to try and disarm someone manually.

for those who don't want to read all that...
    Crazy fucker broke into my car, I almost shot him, lots of cops showed up. I managed to not pee myself.

Dang man I bet that was intense! I pulled a gun on the meter reader once.. he came into the back yard with jeans and a shirt and was behind my shed.. the electric meter never occurred when a plain clothed dude just walking around in my yard.
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Good lord man, that’s nuts!
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Comment

You're a fucking idiot for not shooting him the second you saw the knife. If you don't have the nuts to use a gun then you don't need to be pulling a gun on someone.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

tags are not disappointing! lol
            yes for a skim milk drinking, slow car racing, rc enthusiast, it was f-ing intense! Today I'm all good, but I have gone back to carrying a firearm in the car, and will finally be getting the wife and my carry license as soon as funds permit. Crazy shit like this keeps happening to me! There's another big story recently that we are still recovering from, and I'll tell soon, but I am not there yet. anyway, if any of yall prey, please prey for a quiet rest of the year for me.

Comment

Have a smooth rest of 2019, you’ve earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                You're a fucking idiot for not shooting him the second you saw the knife. If you don't have the nuts to use a gun then you don't need to be pulling a gun on someone.
                Well he was able not to kill him and keep him away until the cops arrived.. that’s more of a win than taking a life that he didn’t have to.. having to live with something like that would be tough.. especially finding out he wasn’t right in the head
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

dude, had he opened the knife, or got closer I would have. I was about to anyway when he started backing up. I wasn't ready to shoot a man with a closed Swiss army knife. I judged the situation and I drew a line in the sand. guy never got within 12-15 feet of me. Could I have shot him, ya. Should I have shot him, in hind sight no. In the moment I was ready to do it, but only if he took that one more step when I warned him. I acted the way I did, 2 people lived, and I'm grateful for that. I'm not a killer, but I will if I have to. My wife and daughter where not in the house, if they where, I would have shot sooner. But I took a calculated risk knowing that the only one in danger was me.

Comment

When I read the title I thought that paul1776 dude or whoever it was broke out of prison just to post lol

Comment

^^^^ if you have a family you have an obligation to protect yourself as well as them. Part of protecting yourself is using lethal Force if you have put yourself into a position where lethal Force might be used against you. If you are unwilling to shoot someone then you do not need to be carrying a gun. If you don't want to have to live with shooting someone then don't carry a gun or point one at someone.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I'm glad for your sake that you didn't have to shoot him. That would seriously complicate your life.
                        Last edited by slow84lx; 03-26-2019, 06:28 PM.

Comment

^^^^ if you have a family you have an obligation to protect yourself as well as them. Part of protecting yourself is using lethal Force if you have put yourself into a position where lethal Force might be used against you. If you are unwilling to shoot someone then you do not need to be carrying a gun. If you don't want to have to live with shooting someone then don't carry a gun or point one at someone.
                          Take your meds, chode.

Comment

Should shot him 4 times, then your screen name would take on a new meaning!

Comment

4bangen threatened to shoot if he got closer, he didn’t.. no need to kill the guy.. if he had advanced towards him after that final warning I would feel differenty.. I think he handled the situation good for the most part, but I would’ve just called the cops from home and let them deal with it. That way there would be zero chance of injury. Nothing in a car is worth risking my life unless it’s my family or dogs.
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X