No announcement yet.

Lowdown on Off-road parks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ended up going out to the park in Bridgeport for a couple of hours last Sunday with a Jeep group. There was a chick I work with leading the group through the trails. I was the only non-Jeep among them. It was pretty tame. We didn't do anything difficult, as there were a few beginners in the group. I did get flexy enough in a couple of spots to find out that my 42s rub on my front bumper where I had already trimmed it for the 40s. Good to know. I'll be trimming it more now. Did use the lockers on a couple of steep hills. Much like my experiences in Moab, I found that sometimes trying to crawl slowly up certain obstacles results in spinning tires, even aired down pretty far, but giving it a little more right pedal sends my truck bombing right up anything I've put in front of it so far. The Jeepers were referring to my truck as King Kong by the end of the day. LMAO! Here's some pics:

Comment

• Wish I could of gone. We had family staying with us since last Friday and they left today. I did get some 35's mounted on my rig.
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• Spent a couple hours at Bridgeport today, had a blast! Only saw 3 or 4 other vehicles out there, one was a brand new 4Runner, looked like he got it yesterday. When we were leaving, saw 3 60's era Bronco's about to hot the trails, looked like a fun time, lot's of people around them, like a family outing.

Vid going thru some water.
        Everything you need to make, manage, and share brilliant videos for marketing, employee communications, virtual events, and creative production.

Pic's

Comment

• Damn Jared, that looks fun! I don't think I'd make it down in your first pic, or I'd make it down, into a crumbled up pile at the bottom of the rut!

Comment

• Jared to the Jeep guys

Comment

• Awesome pics Jared and Rob! Jealous. Rob, looks like you picked the perfect day to go down there. Any hard trails? Was it real mud?

Comment

• We ventured only a little bit on a red trail, but being my second time out, and alone didn't wanna take a risk getting stuck. The mud was in certain areas, but avoidable if we wanted. A few times we drove with one set of wheels in it to make sure we got out ok, then went back and did all 4.
                The big flat area when you first drive in a bit, then go left was mostly water in pits. We drove thru the water probably 4 times rinsing the truck, lol.
                Last edited by yellowstang; 03-23-2019, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Had a little fun last weekend..

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                    Had a little fun last weekend..

Jealous. Sounds like your son is having a good time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Had a little fun last weekend..
                      That looked fun, left you a Youtube comment.
                      I'll have to go explore when I visit my folks in Colorado.

Comment

• Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                        Jealous. Sounds like your son is having a good time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yea, he kinda loves it. However, at one point he was sitting by the window and got his head bopped. He moved to the middle after that.

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                        That looked fun, left you a Youtube comment.
                        I'll have to go explore when I visit my folks in Colorado.

It was very fun. I can't wait to go to Telluride this summer for Black Bear.

Comment

I can't wait to go to Telluride this summer for Black Bear.
                          Jared and I did Black Bear, imogene, and a few other trails in the Jeep last summer, and had a blast. I actually enjoyed Imogene more than Black Bear.

We're planning to be out there the first week or two of July this year, not sure about Jose's dates, but am pretty sure he's planning to go again as well.

Still getting ready for Moab. Two weeks away!

Pulled the trigger on a fridge and battery (yeti). Won't have solar panels for Moab, but we'll probably be doing a lot of driving, and the Jeep can charge the yeti.

I'll probably get the 200 watt briefcase panels by Summer. This will be going between the Jeep and van, so I decided against a dual battery in the Jeep.

I got the dometic cfx65 dual zone (Lea needs her ice)! This thing is bigger than I expected. Hell, we can probably get two weeks of food in there for the two of us!

Plus, I got a really good deal. Saved a couple hundred bucks and actually got it for less than the cfx 50, which is what I was originally going to get.

Adventurous, rugged, effortless outdoors - at Dometic you'll find smart and reliable products you need to outfit your RV, Van, Overlander, Boat or Weekend Warrior Ride.
                          Last edited by Chili; 03-29-2019, 02:51 AM.

Comment

• Im keeping an eye on a pair of 4x4 ford vans for you Craig.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                              Im keeping an eye on a pair of 4x4 ford vans for you Craig.
                              I appreciate that, for sure, I think that one already converted will likely be out of my price range. I have been considering doing an AWD Chevy Express, but the extended looks weird.
                              Last edited by Chili; 03-30-2019, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
                                Jared and I did Black Bear, imogene, and a few other trails in the Jeep last summer, and had a blast. I actually enjoyed Imogene more than Black Bear.

We're planning to be out there the first week or two of July this year, not sure about Jose's dates, but am pretty sure he's planning to go again as well.

Still getting ready for Moab. Two weeks away!

Pulled the trigger on a fridge and battery (yeti). Won't have solar panels for Moab, but we'll probably be doing a lot of driving, and the Jeep can charge the yeti.

I'll probably get the 200 watt briefcase panels by Summer. This will be going between the Jeep and van, so I decided against a dual battery in the Jeep.

I got the dometic cfx65 dual zone (Lea needs her ice)! This thing is bigger than I expected. Hell, we can probably get two weeks of food in there for the two of us!

Plus, I got a really good deal. Saved a couple hundred bucks and actually got it for less than the cfx 50, which is what I was originally going to get.

https://shop.dometic.com/store/domet...tID.5250192300
                                Man, I wish I could go to Moab. I was thinking of going to the Easter Safari but I can’t get away to do that.

The 1st two weeks of July are a possibility for us and Telluride. I wonder if Telluride has a fireworks display. It would be cool to watch it from the top of Black Bear.

I’m not sure what I’m going to do for a fridge yet. I like the Dometic Drawer fridge but I’ve also decided, that next year, I’m going to trade my JLU for a Gladiator. So who knows what I do there. I do know that it will be an over landing vehicle instead of a crawler.

Comment

Working...
                                X