Submitted to TDMV for title, haven't heard back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submitted to TDMV for title, haven't heard back

I was gifted a car. The previous owner, while she had the title which she signed, she never put it in her name from the previous owner. So she never paid the taxes and it is considered a "skip title".

Following the directions from the TXDMV, I mailed the title, my $15 check, BOS, and photocopy of both of our driver's licenses with the form VTR-130-SOF (Application for Bonded Title) and now we wait.

How long does this usually take? I photocopied everything so I have copies too.

are they doing titles right now? I know it's next to impossible to get a license renewed. guy who hit my wife's car had an out of date license and the cop didn't site him for it because if "COVID"

Comment

My DL has been expired since March and I have to go in for a new one... I think there's a way to make an appointment but I honestly have not cared so I haven't done it.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Thanks for the post. I inherited some of my dad's stuff (trailers, boats, cars) and I don't have the titles to some of it. He lived in Arkansas too. I was about to start digging to see how I would get titles and transfers.

This covid has everything screwed up. She lost her DL and now she's driving around wih a photocopy of it because she can't get a replacement now.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
          are they doing titles right now? I know it's next to impossible to get a license renewed. guy who hit my wife's car had an out of date license and the cop didn't site him for it because if "COVID"
          Yes, they're doing regular titles. Bonded might take a little longer.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
            Thanks for the post. I inherited some of my dad's stuff (trailers, boats, cars) and I don't have the titles to some of it. He lived in Arkansas too. I was about to start digging to see how I would get titles and transfers.

This covid has everything screwed up. She lost her DL and now she's driving around wih a photocopy of it because she can't get a replacement now.
            Yeah we can not write shit for DL/registration tickets until two months after the governor blesses the offices to be back open full time or something.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
              I was gifted a car. The previous owner, while she had the title which she signed, she never put it in her name from the previous owner. So she never paid the taxes and it is considered a "skip title".

Following the directions from the TXDMV, I mailed the title, my $15 check, BOS, and photocopy of both of our driver's licenses with the form VTR-130-SOF (Application for Bonded Title) and now we wait.

How long does this usually take? I photocopied everything so I have copies too.
              Back in the day you completed the paperwork, walked in to Carrollton DMV then walked out with a pile of shit, went to my insurance company and bought the surety bond, then back to any tax office to complete the deal. Not awful but not great either.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                Yeah we can not write shit for DL/registration tickets until two months after the governor blesses the offices to be back open full time or something.
                If I'd have known that I wouldn't have renewed the tags on my old truck yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                  If I'd have known that I wouldn't have renewed the tags on my old truck yesterday!
                  I just laugh when I see all the 2018 stickers out and about now. I mean eventually you will have to square it up with the state, but for now, roll dirty.

Or people with a suspended DL from 2017. Sir I was in the process of getting that done.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    I just laugh when I see all the 2018 stickers out and about now. I mean eventually you will have to square it up with the state, but for now, roll dirty.

Or people with a suspended DL from 2017. Sir I was in the process of getting that done.
                    This was on my '15 and had only been out since September. I haven't driven it since I bought the '19 last June. And hadn't put it up for sale like I need to. My brother needed to borrow it, so I figured it should probably be legal to avoid any hassle.

Our registration office was open and moving pretty quick but they don't handle all the title stuff in that office.

Comment

So, am I reading this right. The place to get titles, license plates and registration stickers is closed in Texas?
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        So, am I reading this right. The place to get titles, license plates and registration stickers is closed in Texas?
                        Not in Kaufman. I got my car registered yesterday.

Comment

Welp, I'm assuming the Plano substation is open and maybe even the McKinney, since their website is retarded, i go to make an appointment and it takes me to the main page, fucking stuipid...
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Did a title a few weeks back here in my neck of the woods. Got the new title back within 10 days

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              Dallas is closed to the public. I have a foxbody I just got back on the road that hasn't been registered since 2012. I've got insurance on it now but I'm going to be riding dirty for a while I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X