Think I figured out what replaces the Mustang crowd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
    With the modern 8spd autos...the manual is slower.
    I couldn't possibly care less.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      You're reading Challenger when I typed Charger. New Charger has never been available with a stick.
      Shit. Missed that.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        I just can't get into a 4,000+ pound performance car.
        Mine's not quite 4k, but close to it with the blower, and I'll say well worth the heft, when compared to my old '98. It's a far better car in all ways. I've never been in a Charger or Challenger though, to know how much more of a boat they are. I did come around from behind a charger at a red light the other day with ease though that's expected with an extra 200hp, I would like to drive a hellcat for reference, but looks alone would keep me from owning one. Not that they aren't a good looking car, but I prefer the Mustang and Camaro both over them.

Comment

Sorry...Dodge hit a homerun on styling with the Challenger..at least it looks the part of the 70's that it is trying to emulate..albeit a thousand pounds heavier if not more. ALL of the Mopar RWD lineup...Charger, 300, Challenger, Magnum are all 4000+lb land barges. They proudly wear that HEMI badge since they came out. They need all of it to push that overweight land barge around. Not to mention the terrible front suspension that falls out from under it. The Hellcat is better at burnouts and wiping out at speed than anything else.

Comment

Be cool if they did a redesign where it ditched 1,000 lbs. Sorta like mazda did with the miata that one time.
            WH

Comment

I’d get one if I didn’t feel like I’d drive it like a moron and do something stupid with it. I love the new Chargers. I’d get a Delmonico Red to match my RAM.

Comment

When we were at Fort Hood I bet 25% of the junior NCOs were driving Challengers. Lots of deployment money and reenlistment bonuses went straight to the local Dodge dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  I just can't get into a 4,000+ pound performance car.
                  Maybe you should diet?

I actually feel the same on the weight of modern muscle. They are freaking heavy.
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                    Maybe you should diet?

I actually feel the same on the weight of modern muscle. They are freaking heavy.
                    They keep packing them with shit the .gov requires or that will increase the MSRP.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                      They are heavy for a reason, cars are built different now. All cars much more safer, since we are talking about muscle and pony cars. In my business, a fox body is a POS, they can barely take a front end hit without bending a fender apron and buckling the cowl. Of course I would own a 88-93 coupe and put in a coyote motor in it, but its still not very safe unless you add the "5k Mod". The new Mustangs meet a lot of safety requirements, roll over, front & rear end collisions all that adds weight. People love all the safety and that adds weight.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        They are heavy for a reason, cars are built different now. All cars much more safer, since we are talking about muscle and pony cars. In my business, a fox body is a POS, they can barely take a front end hit without bending a fender apron and buckling the cowl. Of course I would own a 88-93 coupe and put in a coyote motor in it, but its still not very safe unless you add the "5k Mod". The new Mustangs meet a lot of safety requirements, roll over, front & rear end collisions all that adds weight. People love all the safety and that adds weight.
                        Not to mention all the luxury items like heated and cooled seats, power everything, Nav, all that I'm sure adds up. Haven't heard of whatever happened to Casper, he's an old school crew guy that I'm sure only a few will remember. But I used to love watching him remove weight from his Cobra before racing. Windshield wipers, rear seat, antenna LOL! One of the few guys that I would see do that at the track before racing and put it all back on later for daily driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                          That's part of it for sure, but they can still go light with safety. The 6th gen camaro crash tested better than both the S550 mustang and the Challenger while weighing significantly less.

3600lbs isn't fox body levels, but it's squarely in the 4th gen trans am or 03/04 cobra levels.

Comment

A big part of the weight is the massive brakes they have to put on these porker muscle cars to get them to slow down. Most factory 15" rotors are heavy as hell.

I'd love to buy a Hellcat Challenger and completely gut it so I could drag race it.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

You definitely see a lot more of these things around than you do mustangs these days. Maybe ford lost the muscle car sales crown.
                              WH

Comment

How much a modern motor weight vs an old school motor?
                                Just look at the new steering wheels. Just grabbing a old school then a new style. Big difference in size. All the airbag dont help. And add all the Mcdonald trips

Comment

Working...
                                X