• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
    He's getting these for xmas this year:

I have both of these

Comment

Legos

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
      I still have my legos in the attic and will pull them down when my son is old enough.

I ordered this last week: http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Robie-House-21010

I'm like a little kid waiting for that damn thing to get here. I'll probably have it built the first night. I'm collecting the whole architecture series and will use them to decorate my home office.

HA. I don't even want to admit how much money is wrapped up in this picture.

Comment

I just ordered the massive 7500 piece Millennium Falcon set. It’s something for my son and I to do. It’ll also look pretty damn awesome in my office.

I currently have the Saturn V an the new Lunar Lander in my office. Still gotta figure out where to put the Falcon.

Comment

Very nice.

My home office is pretty much wall-to-wall Lego on display, and I must say that it’s been nice. You can’t be bored in here.

Comment

I hope you have a lot of room to display that thing its massive. I ended up dismantling and selling it for what i payed for it.

Comment

Originally posted by one slow 5.0 View Post
              I hope you have a lot of room to display that thing its massive. I ended up dismantling and selling it for what i payed for it.
              Yup, it's going to the left of the Saturn..

Comment

My daughter and I have built many of the architecture ones. We are currently working on the US capital building.

Comment

I have instruction for three big MOC's (My Own Creation) that I found online. The WTC towers (5,289 pcs), Sears Tower (6,185 pcs) & the Empire State Building (4,538 pcs). They range from $300 to $600 to buy all of the pieces. I haven't pulled the trigger on any of those yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                    Yup, it's going to the left of the Saturn..
                    That Saturn V is really cool. I don't own anything other than the Architecture series but I may buy that one to build with all of my kids. I think they'd thoroughly enjoy that. EDIT: ordered from eBay.

I've also considered the Disney Castle but I'm just not really into that one. We'll see if I can find a 'good' deal on it. Darned things get expensive when they're retired.
                    Last edited by TX_92_Notch; 04-20-2020, 12:13 PM.

Comment

I have instruction for three big MOC's (My Own Creation) that I found online. The WTC towers (5,289 pcs), Sears Tower (6,185 pcs) & the Empire State Building (4,538 pcs). They range from $300 to $600 to buy all of the pieces. I haven't pulled the trigger on any of those yet.

Have you ever seen an MOC for the pad 39A launch pad for the Saturn V. I'd love to build that for mine.

Comment

Have you ever seen an MOC for the pad 39A launch pad for the Saturn V. I'd love to build that for mine.
                        This?

https://lepinworld.com/shop/lepin-te...unchpad-tower/

EDIT: those aren't LEGO. Link me a pic of what you're looking for. Now you've got me wanting to build a launchpad to display this thing.
                        Last edited by TX_92_Notch; 04-20-2020, 01:20 PM.

Comment

This is a really cool display for the Saturn V:

I have seen the whole gantry setup too.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                            This is a really cool display for the Saturn V
                            That is badass!

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                            I have seen the whole gantry setup too.
                            The instructions are out there, it's just a matter of finding them... and hopefully a parts list.

Comment

This?

https://lepinworld.com/shop/lepin-te...unchpad-tower/

EDIT: those aren't LEGO. Link me a pic of what you're looking for. Now you've got me wanting to build a launchpad to display this thing.
                              Ahh, I didn't know Lepin had a kit. I'll check that out.

Comment

Ahh, I didn't know Lepin had a kit. I'll check that out.
                                Be careful out there: https://www.welightbrick.com/product...mbilical-tower

read the comments.

I found a page with the story from the LEGO designer that built this kit. He said LEGO designed the tower and then decided not to build it (too many parts, only people interested would be a small portion of those that bought the Saturn V) and LEGO decided not to produce. Instructions were made available with a parts list and then knock-off companies stole the design and started producing junk versions and not filling orders. So Lego took down all copies of the instructions, lists, etc.
                                Last edited by TX_92_Notch; 04-20-2020, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X