No announcement yet.

Legos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not ashamed to say, that at 22, we were sitting around drunk one night, and built an entire town, then raced those little miniature r/c cars around them. Lmao.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I had a bunch but my favorite building toys were Girder and Panel. You can build some cool Shit with them.

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
        More like $2-300 kits
        $100 has been my limit.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
          I still collect and build Lego. A few thoughts on what's been posted so far:

• you think the price has risen? Go back and look at prices from back in the day. Adjusted for inflation, they've always been expensive. New licensed sets like DC/Marvel, Star Wars or Lord of the Rings are a bit more, but most sets hover around the 10 cent per piece range.
          • Lego holds its value better than any other toy. Check out www.bricklink.com
          • anybody crying that a box full of 1x2s are better than some of the new bricks is seriously suffering from Good-Old-Days syndrome. More kinds of bricks = more options for creativity.

Most of what I have is castle sets I've had since the 80's, but I enjoy getting new stuff and seeing new build techniques.
          We were so broke, I never got Lego's. We used dog turds for Lincoln Logs. If I hadn't been a boy, I wouldn't have had anything to play with at Christmas.

Comment

Go to garage sales and buy em if you can find them way cheaper and then just wash them and let em dry in the sun if your cheap.

Also the new train sets they are releasing are awesome

Choo choo

Comment

Legos are gay

I had these and many other sets when I was growing up

Comment

Here are just a few sets he has:

Last edited by 2K2 LS1; 12-17-2012, 03:31 PM.

Comment

He's getting these for xmas this year:

Comment

Couple more we have built over the last couple years:

Comment

I still have my legos in the attic and will pull them down when my son is old enough.

I ordered this last week: http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Robie-House-21010

I'm like a little kid waiting for that damn thing to get here. I'll probably have it built the first night. I'm collecting the whole architecture series and will use them to decorate my home office.

Comment

My step son has just about all of the Halo legos

Comment

My son has all my legos and my brothers legos from when were we kids plus a ton of new ones. The floor of his whole room is basically a lego minefield if you're barefoot.
                          Jon

Comment

There is no "was," I bought and built the Unimog earlier this year, and have a VW bus that I just haven't gotten around to building yet. I've got plans that I can use the Unimog pieces to build a snow plow as well, when time permits. Great way to stretch the brain for a few hours at a time, and get your focus away from the stressful stuff. I don't have the patience for model building, so it's a good alternative.

It's absolutely great for kids, and I got a set for my god son for Christmas. If he sticks with it as he gets older, I'll most likely pass the bigger kits down to him and his little brother.

Comment

I always buy my friend's kids Legos. They always love them. One of them is into the Ninjago thingies. I don't understand those, but I don't have any kids yet either!
                              sigpic

Comment

I was a lego maniac!!! I just gave my step kiddos my huge tub of legos I had as a kid. I was enjoying seeing them go through the huge tub until my Step son says "Dang, I didn't think they would have cool legos in the old days"

Im only 29 :facepalm:

Comment

Working...
                                X