Back in a Mustang.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
    Full exhaust and intake picking up 40RWP might make it worth the gigantic pain in the ass of installing headers. Every single time I've done headers, no matter the car, I am always regretting my decision about 3 hours in.
    The only reason I'm going to have the 4.6 4V long tubes on mine is that the engine is already out, so it can go together all as one.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
      The only reason I'm going to have the 4.6 4V long tubes on mine is that the engine is already out, so it can go together all as one.
      Smart man.
      Theres nothing that sounds better than LT's on a 4v with a X-pipe, shooting out the back with a pair of Dynomax SS Ultraflows.*

The X-pipe allows you to putter around town and not wake the neighbors, but put your foot in it and it sounds like Joey Lagano rounding turn 4...

*BAD-SVT exhuast.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        Smart man.
        Theres nothing that sounds better than LT's on a 4v with a X-pipe, shooting out the back with a pair of Dynomax SS Ultraflows.*

The X-pipe allows you to putter around town and not wake the neighbors, but put your foot in it and it sounds like Joey Lagano rounding turn 4...

*BAD-SVT exhuast.
        This is the exact system I have one mine, cold starts make me go whooooo

Comment

My old 2014 GT I had an offroad X Pipe and the GT500 mufflers and it sounded killer. Hoping my notch will sound about like that.

Stevo

Comment

Solid axle cars handle great on good surfaces. It was a solid axle stock car chassis that convinced the FIA they needed to add chicanes at the 24 hours of LeMans and 24 hours of Daytona to slow the cars down. Some good ole boys built an 800 hp 2000 lb GT car that met their rules and it was way too fast and aggravated the big auto race teams.

Comment

My old 2014 GT I had an offroad X Pipe and the GT500 mufflers and it sounded killer. Hoping my notch will sound about like that.
              Oh, it should sound very good.

I spent several hundred dollars on my '97 Cobra when I bought it new on Shorty headers, H-pipe, 2 & 3 chamber Flowmasters, then settled MAC LT's, with a Bassani X-pipe and Dynomas SS Ultra Flows and that's the set up I stayed with til this day.
              In the early days every 4v owners wanted to know how to get that sound. Most guys just did factory bricks with an H-pipe and flows, Magnaflow, etc. and never could get the exhaust sound right because those set-ups were for SBF's&SBC's.

IMO 4v's sound best with either short, mid or long tubes with an X-pipe and a straight thru type muffler to get that growl.
              The early Fox 5.0's that had that perfect sound were cars with shorty headers, h-pipe and the 3 chamber Flowmasters. If you had an aggressive cam and blower then 2 chambers sound very aggressive and mean'er.
              Last edited by Rick Modena; 11-29-2022, 08:47 PM.
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                Oh, it should sound very good.

I spent several hundred dollars on my '97 Cobra when I bought it new on Shorty headers, H-pipe, 2 & 3 chamber Flowmasters, then settled MAC LT's, with a Bassani X-pipe and Dynomas SS Ultra Flows and that's the set up I stayed with til this day.
                In the early days every 4v owners wanted to know how to get that sound. Most guys just did factory bricks with an H-pipe and flows, Magnaflow, etc. and never could get the exhaust sound right because those set-ups were for SBF's&SBC's.

IMO 4v's sound best with either short, mid or long tubes with an X-pipe and a straight thru type muffler to get that growl.
                The early Fox 5.0's that had that perfect sound were cars with shorty headers, h-pipe and the 3 chamber Flowmasters. If you had an aggressive cam and blower then 2 chambers sound very aggressive and mean'er.

I know I'm going to have long tubes and X pipe, need to buy new ones but that's the plan especially since the engine is going in from the bottom on the car. I currently have a 2 chamber flowmaster catback for the IRS and will likely change out the mufflers later but might want to hear how it sounds first. That's easy to fix later and isn't required at the moment now to get my car done.

Stevo

Comment

I know I'm going to have long tubes and X pipe, need to buy new ones but that's the plan especially since the engine is going in from the bottom on the car. I currently have a 2 chamber flowmaster catback for the IRS and will likely change out the mufflers later but might want to hear how it sounds first. That's easy to fix later and isn't required at the moment now to get my car done.
                  I'm envious of your plan, it's the way I would go. I can't wait to see the finished product.

If I had the time and room, I'd do a SN95 or Fox with a '12 and up 5.0 Coyote.

Comment

Freakin sweet man!

Comment

Working...
                    X