No announcement yet.

black2002ls Model Car Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally took some decent pics of the Rivi. I just listed it on ebay, so I needed some better pics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Cleaning up some old stuff for ebay. This was built 12 years, or so, ago. It is a little rough, and the "detailing" was done on a budget. Maybe fleabay will be good to the old Wrangler Monte Carlo

Comment

I dropped the Denny Hamlin car and my 2002 Camaro off at the State Fair today for judging. I am competing in the conversion class (Denny Hamlin) and the wheeled vehicle clas, I think (2002 Camaro).

I was only allowed one entry per class and the Denny Hamlin didn't fit in the wheeled/automotive class because of all of the extra parts and work.

Now, they sit in the creative arts building to be judged. If they win ribbons, they stay for display through the fair. If not, I pick them up. I will know if I won by Aug 29th.

Either way, once they are done, they will be headed to Ebay. I will probably put something stupid on the Denny Hamlin car, like $1500-2000 to see what it kind of interest and/or offers I get. Lol

Last edited by black2002ls; 08-31-2018, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Well, If you don't follow my model page on Facebook, I finally got the results from the State Fair scale model contest. The Denny Hamlin Race Car got 3rd place in the Adult Kit Conversion division. I was not able to enter it in the Wheeled kit division due to the amount of modification and aftermarket parts that I used in construction. This class and its "guidelines" would encompass any and all commercial scale model kits and subjects. Having never competed, nor have I ever really paid attention to the displays in the creative arts division, I'm not sure what all I was up against. The only model I saw when I dropped mine off, was a large scale motorcycle in a case. So, I am curious to see what won 1st and 2nd place. Hopefully they post the results to their website soon.

My 2002 Camaro box stock build won honorable mention in the wheeled vehicle division. This class isn't limited to box stock builds, it allows for modifications and addition of detail, though the rules say "nominal addition of detail" so this in itself DQ'd the race car from this class. My Camaro was the cleanest build I had that had all of its detail to enter into the class. So, I am quite pleased with honorable mention!

Both builds will remain in possession of the State Fair until late October and will be on display for everyone to see. So, if you happen to go to the fair go check them out in the creative arts building. The Denny Hamlin car, of course, will be easy to spot. The Camaro is a sunset orange metallic, box stock build.

Comment

Cool, load up some update pics if you got them from the other builds you showed here.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
              Cool, load up some update pics if you got them from the other builds you showed here.
              I have had zero time to work on anything unfortunately. Work has been crazy busy and having a 2 year old in the house doesn't help! I could use some plastic therapy, but there just isn't time. The Cobra hit a wall. I ran into issues with the paint on the body, so it is going to have to be stripped and re-painted. I started on my McLaren for next years contests, though, it is only primer on the body and some sub assemblies started. Another project I want to dig back out is my C5 pro mod. It needs 100% re-done.

Comment

Congrats man.

Comment

That's awesome, congratulations sir

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'm a little bit bummed, I saw a post on Facebook this morning saying there was a model car show at Goodguys at the end of the month. I'll have to check it out and see if I have anything worth entering. I hate that the #11 car is tied up at the fair for 3 months :/

Comment

• Well, I have decided to see what the Denny Hamlin car will bring on Feebay. I'm starting with a Buy It Now auction. Having never sold anything like this before, I'm really just seeing what kind of response I get and if I get any legitimate offers.

Look at this on eBay
                      http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...g&toolid=11111

Comment

• Whoah, that’s awesome. Hope you get some good money for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                          Whoah, that’s awesome. Hope you get some good money for it.
                          I currently have an offer for $750 through my Facebook Model car page. That will most likely be the top $$. $1999 was ludicrous and quite frankly, WAY more than I would expect to get from it. If someone were to click the buy it now, I would probably buy a plane ticket and hand deliver the thing, lol. I'm going to drop it in $250 increments daily and see what happens.

Comment

• The detail on that car is just insane! Great job man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                              The detail on that car is just insane! Great job man!
                              Thank you. I really need to get started on my build for the 2019 show circuit. I've been extremely short on time since moving to a new subdivision for work.

Comment

• Well, the #11 car will go into the hands of the USPS for an overnight trip to California. I am EXTREMELY nervous and hope it arrives safe. I sold it for $625 which covers parts and shipping and maybe a little for my time, however, I find the joy in the build. So, to come out at net zero, I'm ok with it.

I mounted the car to 1/2" foam board with voids cut for anything sitting lower than the edge of the body. I then wrapped it in bubble wrap, then into a gallon bag (to catch anything that may come loose), wrapped again in bubble wrap. I put that into the acrylic case and filled the voids with packing peanuts. Took a 16x12x10 box, put a layer of packing paper in the bottom, packing peanuts, display case, then filled with packing peanuts.

So, hopefully by Saturday, it has arrived safe and sound, and the buyer doesn't need to file an insurance claim!

Comment

Working...
                                X