No announcement yet.

black2002ls Model Car Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowly, my builds are disappearing! I was going to take my 2002 Camaro to a show in Denton on the 8th of June, buuuuut, it just sold on e-bay. womp womp.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• I got the first round of clear on the body for the Wrangler car. You will find a lot of purists refuse to clear over decals, as that is not the way the real cars were. I prefer for them to look painted on, especially sponsor logos. I feel it also protects everything long term. So, I should be able to level the clear to eliminate the lines from decal edges tomorrow, and re-clear before I go back to work Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Radiator and core support are ready to be installed. Just waiting on some engine goodies to complete that assembly before I install it. Aluminum pullies and a wired distributor should arrive today.

Mostly parts box extras. Some braided line and fittings from the NASCAR build make the hose and C&R stencil to give some life to the radiator.

Comment

• The Wrangler car is looking good! Leveled the decal wdges with some 2000 grit paper and re-cleared this afternoon.

Comment

• Last one for today. Trying to get some stuff knocked out over the long weekend. The Chevelle has to be done my 6/1 for a Facebook group build off. I'm also entering it in a show on the 8th in Denton.

I added machined pullies, HEI distributor, and a photo etched hurst shifter to the interior. I'm still trying to decide what I'm doing for the intake. I was going to make a twin inlet unit with conical filters, but I can't seemto find my stash of filters. I've got a plain edelbrock style round filter that is polished aluminum, that is my back up plan. A little vanilla, but the polished aluminum will look good.

This is the filter/intake style I plan to build if I can find my filters.

Comment

• Plugging away on the Wrangler car. This is a box stock build for a build off with a local guy. The only thing we can add that doesn't come in the box is decals. I used adhesive foil decal on the inner fenders and aluminum bits.

I am also EXTREMELY pleased with how the clear laid down. I was able to start with 3000 grit paper to quickly level it out before polishing.

Comment

• The Wrangler Monte Carlo is looking awesome.

Comment

• I got the body polished today! Chrome parts are stripped and ready for paint as well.

Body was cleared with Advantage 545, leveled with 3000 grit 3M paper then polished to a mirror shine with Meguiar's M105 and M205. I will add the black painted details and then wax with Colinite 915.

You can see the color difference betweer the decals and the Krylon paint. I swear it was a dead match the last time I built this thing :/

Comment

• Almost done with the Wrangler car! I've decided to go to scalefest in Grapevine again this year. Sooooo, here I am in a mad rush to finish a couple of builds for the show!

A little detail painting, touch ups, and mount the body on the #3

Comment

• Due, your nascars's always impress me.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                        Due, your nascars's always impress me.
                        Thanks! This one is VERY basic! Just some creative painting and decal application.

Comment

• I love the look of these 80's Monte Carlos slung low on white letter good year slicks!

Comment

• Scalefest in Grapevine tomorrow. The chevelle, well, it is sweet!!!!

Comment

• The Chevelle is complete!

Comment

• If you are on the Book of Faces, go and vote for my Chevelle. I'm 7 votes behind right now.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X