IPOD bit the dust...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPOD bit the dust...

My iPod finally bit the dust. I need a SMALL mp3 player that works WELL with iTunes . I dont wanna use my phone.. Looking at the Sony. Does anyone have any experience on these????... I use it while running/biking.. Hate to blow 2 bills on an Iwatch, but I hate jacking around with shit. I want it to work right with iTunes

AFAIK, only Apple iDevices will work w/iTunes, like you're accustomed to.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
      I hate jacking around with shit.
      I'm afraid you're out of luck there. No offense or anything, but that just sounds like your opposed to learning in an increasingly technological world.

It sounds like your best bet is just to ebay another ipod, maybe two.
      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        I'm afraid you're out of luck there. No offense or anything, but that just sounds like your opposed to learning in an increasingly technological world.

It sounds like your best bet is just to ebay another ipod, maybe two.
        Lol, non taken. You're correct, change is not one of my better traits. I still have an iPhone 6, lol... I'm quite capable of adapting, just really hate jumping through hoops to get shit to work correctly out of the box..

Comment

Lol, non taken. You're correct, change is not one of my better traits. I still have an iPhone 6, lol... I'm quite capable of adapting, just really hate jumping through hoops to get shit to work correctly out of the box..
          I think all you'd do is login to your account on the phone. Then you'd have access to all your music. Not a lot of hoop jumping there. It's made for you to have continuity of service even though the devices finally die someday.

Course I don't use apple stuff, but I'm almost certain that's all you'd do. You might have to download the itunes app or something from the app store, but then you'd just login. I think the only real concern here, might be draining your phone's power by listening to it all the time via bluetooth.
          WH

Comment

By a used older iPhone. You don’t need cellular service to use it as an iPod.

Comment

Theres a ton of new iPods on eBay. I wonder what I could expect out of battery life.
              I dont wanna carry my phone while running, its heavy and a pita.

I went Apple due to video editing. Final cut is still one of the best out there

Comment

You know they have watches now right?

Comment

Theres a ton of new iPods on eBay. I wonder what I could expect out of battery life.

I went Apple due to video editing. Final cut is still one of the best out there
                  Just be careful you don't get a chinese fake. They're garbage. U.S only, highly reputable seller. Maybe there is one that the battery can be replaced if necessary.
                  WH

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                    You know they have watches now right?
                    Yep, that's probably plan B at the spoint. Looks like I may be able to replace the battery in the iPod fairly easily. I may try that route before buying a watch. Looks like the watch can have some "health apps" that are useful as well...
                    Yes im "frugal"... But hey, its worked ok for me so far...
                    Thanks guys

Comment

Just curious but why not use your phone? Do they not make those cheap screenless iPods anymore?

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      AFAIK, only Apple iDevices will work w/iTunes, like you're accustomed to.
                      Can't remember the app but I had/have one on my phone that I used to synch to my iTunes playlist. Back when I used to use it. Now I just stream or download everything offline to Spotify.

Comment

You're right, there was an app that allowed you to sync or something, on a non apple device.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                          Just curious but why not use your phone? Do they not make those cheap screenless iPods anymore?
                          phone is a PITA to carry when running, and I HAVE to have it in an otterbox as rough as I am on a phone. And no, they dont sell the iPod anymore.

Update- I bought the Iwatch3 $169 at Amazon. It will do all I need. EXCPET my current iPhone is too old to sync with it.. I need a new phone. (I buy phones and and on straight talk, works great) Anyway, I used my wife's phone to download a playlist for running and an app. I'll get a new phone soon and will sync then. I dont wear a watch so its only for running..

Comment

Yep, that's probably plan B at the spoint. Looks like I may be able to replace the battery in the iPod fairly easily. I may try that route before buying a watch. Looks like the watch can have some "health apps" that are useful as well...
                            Yes im "frugal"... But hey, its worked ok for me so far...
                            Thanks guys
                            Sounds like this is your best option. I don't run but I frequently go hiking and bike riding and couldn't imaging being anywhere without my phone.

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                            You're right, there was an app that allowed you to sync or something, on a non apple device.
                            Hadn't used it in a while but found I still had it on my tablet.

iSyncr
                            Sync iTunes music to Android devices with iSyncr from JRT Studio. Easily sync your iTunes library to your Android device.

It worked really good for what it did. Might think about using it as there is some songs/playlist that would be just easier to listen this way rather than through Spotify.

phone is a PITA to carry when running, and I HAVE to have it in an otterbox as rough as I am on a phone. And no, they dont sell the iPod anymore.

Update- I bought the Iwatch3 $169 at Amazon. It will do all I need. EXCPET my current iPhone is too old to sync with it.. I need a new phone. (I buy phones and and on straight talk, works great) Anyway, I used my wife's phone to download a playlist for running and an app. I'll get a new phone soon and will sync then. I dont wear a watch so its only for running..
                            Good to know.

Comment

Working...
                            X