Wolf City cop shooting body cam released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf City cop shooting body cam released

Couldn't find the original thread. This case kind of dropped off the radar, but cop was acquitted and they released body cam footage yesterday. Can't see how in the world that seemed justified (to him or a jury). If any normal citizen did that we'd be crucified.

Justin

yeah, not a good shoot.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by the spindoctor View Post
      Couldn't find the original thread. This case kind of dropped off the radar, but cop was acquitted and they released body cam footage yesterday. Can't see how in the world that seemed justified (to him or a jury). If any normal citizen did that we'd be crucified.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/lo...b-dc274ac6711d
      If this had happened during an election cycle, it'd have caused massive rioting. It'd be far more justified than what we have all witnessed in the past. Yes any citizen claiming self defense would've been charged with the death penalty, gleefully by any jury.

Comment

Could have been prevented but I can see it being justified. Why would any citizen be trying to tase someone and then shoot them? Why do you always try and compare the two like it is the same deal? "Any citizen" can walk the fuck off and not interject himself and generally they are not carrying a taser and gun. I didn't see anything that led me to believe it was race related. If that guy takes your taser, he can use it to take your gun. Not to mention all the guys friends around. The guy is PI, getting entirely too close at first, and then does not follow commands, and fights thru the taser, which is probably about to end it's cycle. Most likely had he let the guy cuff him, the cop would have got the whole story, got him a ride, and sent him on his way.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          Could have been prevented but I can see it being justified. Why would any citizen be trying to tase someone and then shoot them? Why do you always try and compare the two like it is the same deal? "Any citizen" can walk the fuck off and not interject himself and generally they are not carrying a taser and gun. I didn't see anything that led me to believe it was race related. If that guy takes your taser, he can use it to take your gun. Not to mention all the guys friends around. The guy is PI, getting entirely too close at first, and then does not follow commands, and fights thru the taser, which is probably about to end it's cycle. Most likely had he let the guy cuff him, the cop would have got the whole story, got him a ride, and sent him on his way.
          Did you see the same video?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            I didn't mean there was a racist component on the cops part. It was the use of force. I mean, the guy was clearly intoxicated, and casually walking away. It didn't seem like the cop made much of an attempt to subdue him before whipping out the taser. And I would think that pulling on the wires that are poking and shocking you is a natural reaction. And if his buddies are a concern, shooting their friend in front of them is probably just going to escalate the situation if they were armed or going to cause trouble.

If I remember right, this cop was barely out of the academy so I chaulk it up to inexperienced, but to me that is still manslaughter. Again, if any of us were in an altercation and used deadly force like that we'd be in prison.
            Justin

Comment

obey or get shot! it's the American way

Comment

Originally posted by the spindoctor View Post
                I didn't mean there was a racist component on the cops part. It was the use of force. I mean, the guy was clearly intoxicated, and casually walking away. It didn't seem like the cop made much of an attempt to subdue him before whipping out the taser. And I would think that pulling on the wires that are poking and shocking you is a natural reaction. And if his buddies are a concern, shooting their friend in front of them is probably just going to escalate the situation if they were armed or going to cause trouble.

If I remember right, this cop was barely out of the academy so I chaulk it up to inexperienced, but to me that is still manslaughter. Again, if any of us were in an altercation and used deadly force like that we'd be in prison.
                Pulling the prongs out is one thing, being a big dude that can fight thru the taser, then trying to grab it from a cop is a no no. Pull your prongs and run if you can, but never try and take a taser.

Now, I would have waited for back up since everyone was chill at this point. The guy walking up on me wouldn't have bothered me either as he was kind of a mellow drunk at that point. When his friend grabbed him I wouldn't have said shit, I might have had him steer him where I wanted him. But then again I am in over 20 years.

Just because I can justify the actions do not mean I condone how it was handled or what he did. Did you see where he was not convicted? I am sure that guy didn't go to work that evening wishing to harm anyone.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                  obey or get shot! it's the American way
                  I have no problem with that.

I have been on the other side of that gun a few times and always made it home OK. I followed every command to the letter, even when the DPD said lay down in that mud and I was in my pimped out shirt coming from da club, went to jail and sent my shit to the cleaners the next day after I got out....
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                  X