Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another garage/workshop question. What will it cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another garage/workshop question. What will it cost?

I created these in a 3D design tool at Mueller, and am shooting to get started by summer. I have not decided which would be best for storing 3 or 4 cars, one antique tractor, an original 1924 model T, a 4 post lift, workshop, and still have room to park a massive 250hp John Deere just inside the rear door. My daily will be parked under a lean to of the building.

Option 1: 50x80. 16' side walls. 14x14 roll up doors front and back. 10x10 roll up's on each side, mostly for ventilation.

Option 2: 60x60. 16' sides. 14x14 roll up doors front and back, with 2 additional 10x10 doors in front.

I have sent in both for a cost estimate, but have not heard back. Any guesses on the price? Not including electric, plumbing or insulation.

Last edited by hotrodcobra; 07-24-2021, 08:30 PM.
    Shooting for 1000 posts in 15, well make that 20 years.

6.2L Raptor, 5.9 & 6.7 Cummins, 09 SRT Challenger, 93 331R-block Cobra, 70 6-pack Cuda, 71 383 Cuda vert.

It's a little on the small side. I'd say double it so you can have room to store a boat and all it's accessories.
    WH

Comment

buddy of mine built something very similar and I believe he said around 60k.

Comment

my guess is the building is going to run around 80k .

Comment

saw an ad on fb on this building for 70k . wise county .

40x70x16 plus 30x70 capped lean to 6” slab 3 14’ roll up doors 2 walk ins and insulated

Comment

Son of bitch, the price of keeping your shit stored has gone way up!
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              Son of bitch, the price of keeping your shit stored has gone way up!
              that's what happens when you get free money from the gubbermint
              WH

Comment

The price of lumber is eight times what it was this time last year and steel is also way up.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  The price of lumber is eight times what it was this time last year and steel is also way up.
                  When we were looking to convert the space over our garage into an apartment, I had 100K budgeted.

Two different companies came out and stated it would be 250K minimum with a construction grade bathroom and no kitchenette. They stated lumber went up due to supply issues caused by COVID.

Not sure how true that was, but for that 250k price tag we now have a realtor, a crazy appraisal on our current house and waiting for some stocks to mature before we double our house size and get a 3rd car garage.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                    saw an ad on fb on this building for 70k . wise county .

40x70x16 plus 30x70 capped lean to 6” slab 3 14’ roll up doors 2 walk ins and insulated
                    Can you give me info? I need to get moving on this and that's better than the quotes I have, thus far.
                    Shooting for 1000 posts in 15, well make that 20 years.

6.2L Raptor, 5.9 & 6.7 Cummins, 09 SRT Challenger, 93 331R-block Cobra, 70 6-pack Cuda, 71 383 Cuda vert.

Comment

it was one of the ads that show up . not sure how to find it . but my guess is it is a fishing ad . doubt you could get it done for that . steel is getting crazy right now . metal building suppliers always have a list of builders . most have their own crews and usually cut a better deal .

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        Inflation, tariffs, whats the cause?

Comment

I just had the inside of my shop/garage in my building skinned with reversed R panel in order to clean up the appearance a little...

it turned out pretty nice but I had to get several bids before I found someone who I felt confident in their abilities that wasn't completely outta' the ball park on pricing.

mardyn
                          Last edited by mardyn; 03-10-2021, 10:47 AM.

Comment

looks like metal buildings are ranging from 21.00 to 25.00 a ft . concrete is high as hell and metal prices are due another increase .

Comment

Steel prices are at all time highs.

I sold a post frame 40x60 yesterday for $23,800. Exactly a year ago it was about $15k.

My cost on coil steel to manufacture metal roofing/siding is up exactly 60% since October 1st.

Comment

Working...
                              X