Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

here comes WWIII russia just oopsie daisy bombed Poland.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here comes WWIII russia just oopsie daisy bombed Poland.

Russian missiles cross into Poland during strike on Ukraine
    A Russian missile barrage on the Ukrainian power grid sent the war spilling over into neighboring countries, hitting NATO member Poland and cutting electricity to much of Moldova

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/International...rshed-93318926

Russian missiles cross into Poland during strike on Ukraine
    A Russian missile barrage on the Ukrainian power grid sent the war spilling over into neighboring countries, hitting NATO member Poland and cutting electricity to much of Moldova

Report I read said there were casualties in Poland. At some point I think this is going to get real.

Comment

When I saw the title my brain immediately thought this meant Nukes... glad it wasn't that.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Probably should state Ukrainian missile not Russian. I have my doubts on this bs so called war. Especially since we are handing out Grammies to the lead actor.

CN

Comment

Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
          Probably should state Ukrainian missile not Russian
          That's what I've read also - most likely Ukrainian ordnance.

Comment

Yall got some links? Everything I saw said Russian.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              Yall got some links? Everything I saw said Russian.

Poland Says Missile Was Likely Fired by Ukraine Air Defense but Blames Moscow

NATO meeting to assess fatal explosion that occurred amid Russian barrage across Ukraine

BRUSSELS—Polish President Andrzej Duda said there was no evidence that a missile that crashed in his country, killing two local workers, was intentional and was likely a Russian-made weapon fired by a Ukrainian air-defense system.

“We currently have no evidence that the missile was fired by the Russian side,” he said. He blamed the tragedy on Moscow’s campaign of missile strikes on Ukrainian targets, including along the Polish border.

The initial findings were being discussed Wednesday at an emergency meeting at the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, where ambassadors from the alliance’s 30 members and candidates Sweden and Finland reviewed intelligence and considered their options.

Mr. Duda late Tuesday spoke with President Biden and NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg about the situation. The Group of Seven advanced economies issued a statement offering support to Poland and condemning Russia’s attacks on civilian targets across Ukraine.

President Biden said Tuesday that preliminary information about the missile strike indicates that it was unlikely to have been fired from Russia and pledged to investigate the incident.

Senior Ukrainian officials had said Tuesday that it was a Russian missile that crossed into Poland.

The Polish deaths appear to be the first fatalities on the terrain of a NATO country to be directly linked to hostilities following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

Though NATO was already intensely focused on Tuesday’s events, Polish officials said late Tuesday they were considering asking NATO countries to begin special high-level consultations. Those consultations, known as Article IV in reference to NATO’s founding treaty, are a step short of invoking the alliance’s mutual-defense pact, known as Article V.

However, at the NATO ambassadors’ meeting on Wednesday, Poland chose not to ask for Article IV consultations at this stage, a Polish NATO official said.

Ukrainian officials on Wednesday called for NATO to close the airspace over Ukraine, a move that allies have previously ruled out to avoid being drawn directly into the war.

Poland summoned Russia’s ambassador around midnight Tuesday for a four-minute meeting that occurred “without any exchange of courtesies,” or handshakes, a Polish Foreign Ministry spokesman said. The government wasn’t ruling out expelling the ambassador, but also had made no imminent decision to do so, said Deputy Foreign Minister Paweł Jabłoński.

“He was there, we demanded an explanation on what Russia is doing, because Russia is conducting an aggressive war and Russia’s criminal attacks on public infrastructure is something that we don’t accept,” Mr. Jabłoński said. Poland is set to convene a security meeting at noon and formulate a response later in the afternoon, he said.

“There’s a lot of theories around and they need to be verified,” Mr. Jabłoński said.

Though Poland has said the projectile was Russian-made, it hasn’t specified who fired it or what type of missile it was. Factories located in both Russia and Ukraine have historically produced the type of missiles loaded into Ukrainian air-defense systems. “At the moment we do not have any unequivocal evidence as to who fired the rocket, investigations are under way,” Mr. Duda said in an overnight statement.

While initial analyses of missile fragments and radar coverage of the area point to the projectile having been launched from Ukraine, NATO officials will have in mind that the country on Tuesday was defending itself against a barrage of missiles Russia launched against civilian targets across the country. The fusillade of 96 projectiles was among the biggest Russia has fired since its large-scale invasion of Ukraine began in February.

Ukrainian Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal informed his Polish counterpart, Mateusz Morawiecki, that many of the missiles Russia fired Tuesday were aimed at electrical infrastructure near Ukraine’s border with Poland, Polish government spokesman Piotr Müller wrote on Twitter on Wednesday.

NATO members will want to learn if Russian missiles were in the region, if Ukraine launched air-defense missiles in response, and whether any Russian missiles or fragments landed in Poland.

Speaking at a summit of the Group of 20 major economies in Indonesia Wednesday morning, British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak said Western allies were still working to fully establish the facts.

Comment

is this a war idk

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                  is this a war idk
                  It's about to be a party.

Comment

Working...
                  X