No announcement yet.

Things That Could Go Wrong With A Coronavirus Vaccine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My job may require me to get vaccine. I've already said I'll quit first. And bring on military base deployment requirement is a strong possibility. Of 19 on my staff, 4 said they would volunteer to take it. The majority or the 16 others will demobolize too.

I hope they don't require the vaccine to travel. I'm planning a trip hone in March. I'd like to work as long as I can afterwards before the vaccine becomes mandatory for us. Because I will not be taking it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post

I'm planning a trip hone in March. I'd like to work as long as I can afterwards before the vaccine becomes mandatory for us. Because I will not be taking it.

You could always sneak through the southern border. I don’t think they plan on checking their vaccine records nor checking them at all, for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
        You could always sneak through the southern border. I don’t think they plan on checking their vaccine records nor checking them at all, for anything.
        Hard to do from Dubai

Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
          Hard to do from Dubai

I’m sure they have more than enough flights from Dubai to Central/South America or Mexico?

Comment

It appears that the vaccine is not working since there are multiple reports of healthcare workers contracting the virus after having been vaccinated.

I'm sure they will simply blame it on not enough time elapsing from the point of vaccination until the point of infection.

Just look at it this way; they could say a vaccine prevents HIV 92% of the time and no one would know the difference. Most people will never be exposed to it in their lifetime and anyone that actually contracts it can simply be categorized as one of the 8% in the meantime a company gets to make tens of billions of dollars in profit by selling a placebo.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

"Multiple reports of..." reads a lot like "I heard..." in terms of qualifications for being factually accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                "Multiple reports of..." reads a lot like "I heard..." in terms of qualifications for being factually accurate.
                I got it from an article on Yahoo and from my sister. My sister has contracted covid-19 after receiving the vaccine. She is an ER nurse in Collin County. My sister has also told me that she's not the only nurse to test positive after having received the vaccine. They're just keeping it under wraps.

Pfizer "will review all available information on this case and all reports of any confirmed diagnosis following vaccination," the drug maker said in a statement to Reuters. "Based on our Phase 3 safety and efficacy study, the vaccine provides some protection against COVID-19 within about 10 days of the first dose and substantially boosted after the second dose, supporting the need for a 2-dose vaccination series", it said. Matthew W., 45, a nurse at two different local hospitals, said in a Facebook post on December 18 that he had received the Pfizer vaccine, telling the ABC News affiliate that his arm was sore for a day but that he had suffered no other side-effects.

Edit: By the way; I have a friend in the Hughes Unit in TDCJ. He has had covid-19 three times now and it keeps moving back and forth through his unit like a wave. He said the first go-round a few people died but they were unhealthy. Since then there have been no deaths. If having Covid-19 naturally multiple times doesn't give a person any type of immunity what makes you think a few pharmaceutical companies can outsmart Mother Nature and a few billion years of evolution in under a year? Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't the same companies been working on an HIV vaccine for 30 years now?
                Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 12-30-2020, 07:56 AM.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                  I got it from an article on Yahoo and from my sister. My sister has contracted covid-19 after receiving the vaccine. She is an ER nurse in Collin County. My sister has also told me that she's not the only nurse to test positive after having received the vaccine. They're just keeping it under wraps.

Pfizer "will review all available information on this case and all reports of any confirmed diagnosis following vaccination," the drug maker said in a statement to Reuters. "Based on our Phase 3 safety and efficacy study, the vaccine provides some protection against COVID-19 within about 10 days of the first dose and substantially boosted after the second dose, supporting the need for a 2-dose vaccination series", it said. Matthew W., 45, a nurse at two different local hospitals, said in a Facebook post on December 18 that he had received the Pfizer vaccine, telling the ABC News affiliate that his arm was sore for a day but that he had suffered no other side-effects.

Edit: By the way; I have a friend in the Hughes Unit in TDCJ. He has had covid-19 three times now and it keeps moving back and forth through his unit like a wave. He said the first go-round a few people died but they were unhealthy. Since then there have been no deaths. If having Covid-19 naturally multiple times doesn't give a person any type of immunity what makes you think a few pharmaceutical companies can outsmart Mother Nature and a few billion years of evolution in under a year? Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't the same companies been working on an HIV vaccine for 30 years now?
                  With regard to HIV and other viral diseases, there’s no money in a cure. However, with COVID, all of the money is in a cure (whether the “cure” works or not remains to be seen).

To your point above: I was discussing this with a couple friends recently... let’s say that the COVID vaccine ends up actually working. I know big pharma and their doctors/scientists/lab staff are going to get tons of accolades and some head of Pfizer wins him/herself a Nobel Prize. Since they were able to produce and release a vaccine for a brand new novel virus in under one year, does it then beg the question about why we can’t get vaccines for other viruses? We can ‘cure’ COVID aim under 12 months but damn if we can’t stop the flu etc.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                    With regard to HIV and other viral diseases, there’s no money in a cure. However, with COVID, all of the money is in a cure (whether the “cure” works or not remains to be seen).

To your point above: I was discussing this with a couple friends recently... let’s say that the COVID vaccine ends up actually working. I know big pharma and their doctors/scientists/lab staff are going to get tons of accolades and some head of Pfizer wins him/herself a Nobel Prize. Since they were able to produce and release a vaccine for a brand new novel virus in under one year, does it then beg the question about why we can’t get vaccines for other viruses? We can ‘cure’ COVID aim under 12 months but damn if we can’t stop the flu etc.
                    You just answered your own question in the first sentence. You ever been to a drug store and seen the aisles of suppressants and drugs? Not to mention aside from the common colds and flus but the allergy medicine and other “prescription” drugs you see on 8 minute TV ads for old people, etc. There is so much money in medicating the general populace for any and all ailments whether natural or caused by the very companies that push the drugs to cure them. $$$$
                    I mean just a decade or two ago who ever heard or a peanut allergy? I’m convinced these assholes are putting shit in our foods and causing this just to sell a remedy.

Comment

Now it looks like the vaccine is actually killing a few of its recipients but have no fear; I'm sure the pharmaceutical companies will investigate themselves and discover that their vaccine was not actually to blame.

Swiss drugs regulator swissmedic on Wednesday said it saw no link between the death of a 91-year old person in the canton of Lucerne and the COVID-19 vaccine, adding the deceased suffered from multiple illnesses before getting the shot. "Clarifications by cantonal health authorities and swissmedic determined that, as a result of the illness history and disease course, a link between the death and the COVID-19 vaccine was highly unlikely," the regulator said in a statement. Swissmedic said previous illnesses would be listed on the death certificate as the person's "natural cause of death".

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                        Has she received both doses? Regardless of whether or not the current vaccine(s) are effective, it really hasn’t been made available long enough for any immunity it might impart to occur, in my admittedly non-medical opinion.

Comment

Has she received both doses? Regardless of whether or not the current vaccine(s) are effective, it really hasn’t been made available long enough for any immunity it might impart to occur, in my admittedly non-medical opinion.
                          I don't know how many doses she's received but I do know she was probably the first person in Collin County to get it. She has since tested positive for covid but is not sick from it. Other nurses she works with have also tested positive.

Comment

For what its worth - My buddies wife is a nurse. 4 doctors at the practice got the vaccine, 3 of them tested postive a day later.
                            Last edited by Craizie; 12-30-2020, 11:55 AM.

Comment

For what it’s worth, my opinion of personally getting this vaccine is basically in line with Dr. Dave’s and others here as well...no thanks at this time. As for testing positive a day after getting the vaccine, that might not be too surprising (especially if the antigen test was the one given) depending on how this vaccine works with respect to the immune system. I’m going to hold out on being vaccinated at least until I get an opinion from my PCP, and I’m pretty far down the priority list anyway.
                              Last edited by The King; 12-30-2020, 01:06 PM.

Comment

talked with my doc about it . he said there are 2 ways out of the pandemic , inoculated or infected . said he will take it as soon as he can so i guess i'll follow his lead . i'm high risk and he's been my doc for 35 years .

Comment

Working...
                                X