No announcement yet.

What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find top-quality automotive wiring supplies, connectors, and more online at Race Spec. Upgrade your motorsport wiring for optimal performance today!

Use code STAYTHEFUCKHOME at checkout and receive 15% OFF your entire order.

Comment

• Slow going in picture progress. Everyday I get more and more items wired or plumbed.

I'm getting down to the last bits before I can light the fire on systems and test circuits.

I have been going so hard at it everyday for the past 2 months, I'm getting burned out though.

In a couple days I should have it together and I'll post up some pics.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Keith, your pm’s are full. 84 pages of this build and I can’t find the firewall multi pin connectors you used. Would you use them again? Needing a 16pin one

Comment

• Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
          Keith, your pm’s are full. 84 pages of this build and I can’t find the firewall multi pin connectors you used. Would you use them again? Needing a 16pin one
          Sorry, haven't been on here much.

Go to Maven for those bulkhead connectors and mounting plates.

I like the ability to disconnect the plugs to work on it.

If you need a 16 pin, get a 31 still. Unless you've been building wiring plans for a long time, you're going to come up needing more pins as you go along.

Comment

• Thanks, I’ll probably grab the 29 then and shop around for a cheaper crimper

Comment

• Man, I really need motivation to get to work on this thing. I'm so close to hearing it run, I just keep avoiding it.

Comment

• Would ya just look at it.

Finally got on the ball and got a bunch done

Cooling system is filled, ran the pump, tested and holds pressure.
                Intercooler filled, ran the pump and leak free
                Rear bumper is on after cutting the most perfect hole ever for the chute and push bar.
                Fenders onnand adjusted perfectly.
                Bumper on.
                Hood is ON!!! after cutting out the second most perfect hole...will need fine tuning when I mount the dzus rails.
                Wheels/tires on and the rears clear great. Fronts? Need to adjust some hoses
                Finally got the right shifter gate and it's in. Got the bracket kit for rear feed cable, I just need to put it in.

Still need to pin the ECU outputs. But I had the wrong pins for my wire size. Got new ones tonight. So tomorrow I should get those done and power up the ECU.

Lacks running, brake lines and driveshaft to be a driver around the block.

Can't even see any of the radiator/fan stuff

Comment

• Lots of progress and looks great. You make me feel bad for having not touched mine in years, but it's either a lack of motivation or lack of time or both. At the end of the day after I've dealt with customer vehicles and customers and numerous interruptions, I just don't have it in me to work on my own hardly. I have an ecu sitting in a box, a mostly ready to go harness next to it, and need to install them. Pull the fuel tank and hope it and the pumps aren't destroyed, and figure out whatever other messes have taken shape from sitting for 4.5 years

Comment

• Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                    Lots of progress and looks great. You make me feel bad for having not touched mine in years, but it's either a lack of motivation or lack of time or both. At the end of the day after I've dealt with customer vehicles and customers and numerous interruptions, I just don't have it in me to work on my own hardly. I have an ecu sitting in a box, a mostly ready to go harness next to it, and need to install them. Pull the fuel tank and hope it and the pumps aren't destroyed, and figure out whatever other messes have taken shape from sitting for 4.5 years
                    I'm lucky I guess. I'm at home not working but at least getting paid 40hrs...a 1/3 of my regular checks, but income nonetheless.

So after fighting house issues (foundation, floors, plumbing, landscaping, paint, etc.) over the past 4 months, I can finally devote my time to the garage.

Comment

• Looks great man! We still need to go shoot at some point soon too...
                      Originally posted by stevo
                      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Well, my paid vacation is over. I'll be heading to Philadelphia on 30 July. Right at the 150 day mark of being home. My journey back to work starts with a 18 day quarantine in a hotel room in Philly, a couple COVID tests, moving to Dover Air Force Base, after lodging there for a few days - military flight to another military base Europe, lodging there for a few days, THEN fly to Afghanistan I'm seriously on the fence about saying fuck it and just quit.

Update on the car:
                        Finished out battery cables, emergency cutoff switch, and hooked up the battery.

First issue, all the lights for switches power immediately. Only turn off if you hit the Emergency Stop switch that kills the solid state battery relay. That was supposed to be tied to the main power switch.

Second issue, nothing on the output side of my relay box was getting 12v when main power switch was on.

Tested all around and finally pulled the main switch, cable and relay/fuse assembly. I set ut up to bench test and eventually found a loose wire on the back side of the relay panel. Not cool but I'm glad I found it.

Of course i fixed it right at the end of the day before starting a 4 day weekend on the lake. I'll put it all back in on Tuesday and should be able to try and start Wednesday.

Comment

• She runs

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

• man, I'm getting used to seeing this thing without a roof. lol
                            looking great. congrats on the first start up.

Comment

• sounds great

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                                man, I'm getting used to seeing this thing without a roof. lol
                                looking great. congrats on the first start up.
                                Originally posted by scootro View Post
                                sounds great
                                Thanks guys.

And yes, the no roof is growing on me and I know it's wrong!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X