No announcement yet.

What are yall gonna do about the virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife works in the mortgage industry. She's busy as hell right now. I have no idea what the future holds, I'm just hoping we both can keep our jobs. I want to keep my new truck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
      Not just for elderly ask the China Dr who is dead at 34yrs old. He warned people govt tried to shut him up. Exponential remember that word. If I am wrong I will apologize for causing a stir.

He’s dead because he spoke out against the Chinese government. I can’t help but think this was intentional to cause panic, crash our markets, and blame it on Trump.

Exponential can be said about other viruses as well. I’m no Doctor, but this panic seems a bit excessive. Just my gut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• It would be a safe bet that the % of deaths is not correct. If tests are limited, and it is a new virus, the odds are that there are many more cases than are being "officially" reported. If say only 10% of the infected population is reported, then the death toll, as expressed by a percentage, is going to be much more alarming than if all positive cases were reported.

Reported in this sense does not imply that they are not reporting all cases. I am implying that the odds that there are many more people who would test positive for COVID-19 than they have tests for. Maybe for fear of being quarantined, or simply just a lack of available testing.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
        Last edited by black2002ls; 03-16-2020, 10:07 AM.
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
          It would be a safe bet that the % of deaths is not correct. If tests are limited, and it is a new virus, the odds are that there are many more cases than ore being "officially" reported. If say only 10% of the infected population is reported, then the death toll, as expressed by a percentage, is going to be much more alarming than if all positive cases were reported.

Reported in this sense does not imply that they are not reporting all cases. I am implying that the odds that there are many more people who would test positive for COVID-19 than they have tests for. Maybe for fear of being quarantined, or simply just a lack of available testing.

I believe you are correct. I have a coworker that was in houston where they have cases, and got sick when he got back. Went to the doc, and they told him that he might have it, but since he didnt meet the criteria that they have set up to get tested, he wouldnt be tested. Said he should be fine in a week or two, but stay home for the next 3 weeks.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
            It would be a safe bet that the % of deaths is not correct. If tests are limited, and it is a new virus, the odds are that there are many more cases than ore being "officially" reported. If say only 10% of the infected population is reported, then the death toll, as expressed by a percentage, is going to be much more alarming than if all positive cases were reported.

This is 100% spot on. There isn't enough testing or tests being conducted to know the full effect. That skews things a lot numbers wise. It'll be several months or a year before we really know the numbers side of things. This market BS is just profiteering and taking money from the middle class yet again and giving it to the banks and billionaires.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              I guess I’ve made one major financial change because of this bullshit. I was about to buy an acre of land on a mountain that’s about 20 minutes south of Breckenridge. I’m scheduled to close in mid April but I’m either going to delay the closing or back out until I have a bit more certainty on our future.
              Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              Be careful. If you're already under contract, you run the risk of being sued. I'd discuss that with your realtor.
              Just got off a webinar and force majeure was a topic. Run it by your realtor but it seems pandemics have typically been covered, so you should be ok
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
                Not just for elderly ask the China Dr who is dead at 34yrs old. He warned people govt tried to shut him up. Exponential remember that word. If I am wrong I will apologize for causing a stir.
                Buuuuut, mostly for the elderly.

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                ... or simply just a lack of available testing.

Also, there are at least two strains.

Researchers analyzed 103 sequenced genomes using strains from China, and found that 70% of strains were one type, which they called "L." The "L" strain was more aggressive than the remaining 30% of strains, which were dubbed "S."

The first strain was more common at the beginning of the outbreak, in Wuhan, China, but its frequency decreased after early January. That drop-off could be a result of the strict measures China put in place to try and stem the spread of the virus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                  I believe you are correct. I have a coworker that was in houston where they have cases, and got sick when he got back. Went to the doc, and they told him that he might have it, but since he didnt meet the criteria that they have set up to get tested, he wouldnt be tested. Said he should be fine in a week or two, but stay home for the next 3 weeks.
                  I saw the outbreak in Houston broke down the other day and like 95 percent had visited Egypt. WTF? I think the biggest problem the states were having is people scurrying back from other countries for better health care.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                    Buuuuut, mostly for the elderly.

Also, there are at least two strains.
                    Yep...we are shutting the world down for the boomers and I'm ok with that. But they better no go back to bitching about snowflake millennials ever again.

We are starting to see pushback at the higher public levels now though. People are calling out the fact that the world is being shut down when we could just isolate the old. I dont have the right answer but I am a fan of honesty and transparency.

Comment

• So heads up. There MAY be a correlation between using Ibuprofen and increased ICU admissions for people infected by COVID-19. The French and German health ministers put this out yesterday. They advise using acetaminophen for fever control.

Comment

• We are shutting down the world to keep from overloading the fucking ER's with everyone that has a sinus infection. Like someone said earlier, if the ER's are over run with people then people that have real medical issues and need help fast get screwed. I do believe the media is overselling this a bit. They really do want Donald to fail. I still don't see how it miraculously hit 10 nursing homes in the North East. They still won't say who caused that.

While I may suffer a little when the wife gets canned, I think it was time for a little market correction. They were talking about this the other day how millineals were like, "whats the stock market?". I don't even understand the value in some of these stocks that have no actual product and don't produce, buy, or sell anything. A guy was bragging about how his internet security company was worth millions the other day, but so was the prior security company until one employee slipped up somewhere and then it was worth nothing. I am sure they just dissolved and probably just went to work for another million dollar security company! If this drags on long it will be a shit show for sure but will come roaring back at the first sign of a vaccine or cure, which, they are already testing.

Think about the recovery when we start bringing shit back to the US because China keeps fucking us. People think this is going to hurt Trump but in reality I think it is going to help him. Who has been preaching for four years to lock down the borders, bring manufacturing back, cut this birthright shit, etc etc. This is a prime example of the need for that.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          Cold virus doesnt have this death rate. Cold virus doesnt shut the entire world down. Theres a big difference here. Even most strains of the flu are less lethal. And when everyone is losing this much money, you cant say that this was calculated or planned.

A worldwide shutdown has never happened in my lifetime and probably not yours....but here you are sounding like those religious zealots across the world. "I'll be fine, I've been bathed in the blood of Jesus...tis but a flesh wound."

Every other credible dr is saying stay the fuck away from large gatherings, limit contact etc...
                          Seriously?!

I would trust anything Dr. Dave states before I would even listen to your opinion on the topic at hand.
                          Hell even if he wasn't a doctor I'd take his word over anything you have to say...
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            The realtor isn't the one that would sue, you dumbass. The person selling the land is.
                            Par for the course, eh...
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              Seriously?!

I would trust anything Dr. Dave states before I would even listen to your opinion on the topic at hand.
                              Hell even if he wasn't a doctor I'd take his word over anything you have to say...
                              What about when dr fat hater is contradicting every other important dr in the world?] Didnt think of that did you sucka. I dont care it's your old ass that's gonna die if us millenials dont bail you out.

Comment

• Dear millenial jackwagons of the world. You idiots can't even throw an outdoor music festival (Fyre) without calling 911 and having first responders come save your asses. And then, you repeat the fiasco to prove you still can't do it. Boomers did woodstock without much fuss. We did Lollapalooza for years, no problem.

And now you want to tell everyone how to run the world....... no thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X