Another WWDFWMD thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naynay View Post
    quoted because im not sure if you bumped your head in the last wreck or if you realize they make SRW and DRW 3/4 and 1 tons..
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
    dodge makes a 3/4 ton dually? guess im not familiar. link?
    ??? i already know the answer btw

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
      Damn, are you replacing EVERYTHING? Or just wear items with the brakes, suspension, and front end?
      Basically everything lol. The way I see it, if I'm gonna rebuild the front end, might as well do the brakes while I've got it apart, and might as well do the whole system. Same for the a/c and cooling. Radiator has to come out to put in a new condenser, why not put in a new radiator? Nothing is REALLY wrong with the truck (except for the ridiculously low gears prev owner installed and some shifter issues) but it does have 250k on it, and i don't wanna have any issues for another 250k.

Sent from my LGL82VL using Tapatalk
      "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

??? i already know the answer btw
        is this a trick question or are you still in rehab?

THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

is this a trick question or are you still in rehab?

Does dodge offer a 2500 dually in 2005, yes or no?

Comment

We have a 2003 GMC sierra. The small v8 one, but use it for a lot fo around the house things. Taking the trash to compactor, home depot runs, uses around the property. I drive it daily now also. It has 250k miles and the transmission just went out. Before that NEVEr a problem with it, so i paid 2500$ got a new transmission with a 3 year warranty. We are about to buy a new tahoe, but thought having a truck around to use for those things would still be better than using new vehicle for that. So we are a 2 driver 3 car family shortly. I mean it isnt even worth trading the truck in !!

Comment

The thought of entering into a car loan paying interest on a depreciating asset makes my ass twitch.

I'll keep driving my 92 Taurus SHO for a daily. Not afraid to park in a Walmart parking lot or scared of some facebooker bump me in traffic.
              Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Does dodge offer a 2500 dually in 2005, yes or no?
                do they?

i hope like hell they arent still making 13 year old trucks.
                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                  makes my ass twitch.
                  I could make sooooo many jokes about this that I will not even bother doing so but I understand your point.

asphaltjunkie

Your new best friend needs to be rockauto.com and order the parts from them in stages. Make sure to use their 5 percent off coupon code. I have done what your doing and to me it has ALWAYS been worth it.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

do they?

i hope like hell they arent still making 13 year old trucks.
                    exactly what i thought. you dont know what youre talking about per usual. dumbfuck

Comment

One big warning about dumping that kind of money into a truck who's value will never support it.. If you wreck that shit, or it's stolen, you are going to eat an assload of money.

Putting some money into one is a great idea, but I would be very conscious of the overall $ investment vs value..

Comment

An option to consider, since you want to replace so much of it with new parts, is to sell what you have, take the cash and buy a POS for super cheap. Then put the money in that one, since everything will be replaced anyhow.

That way your total $ investment will be far less, but you will end up with virtually the same result.

Comment

I'm right there with FunFordCobra, same boat.

Old and simple is where it's at. My beater is so old and I went so cheap, I bought another beater while I tore it down this time. When you drive shit, better have backup shit! I have the spot and capability to do anything maintenance wise, I handle 99 percent of it, having one in pieces, slowly improving it is just fine with me. I can always sell, trade up and finance something, but this is the year of p.i.t.b!
                          Put it In The BANK fuckers lol

Comment

I bought a cash XJ for $2500 in August to be disposable. I fell in love with it and sold my mint daily. Now I'm deep hole replacing everything. It will be everything I want when I'm done for about $12k all in. Mid size SUV 4x4 400hp reliable with cruise and AC with enough suspension to smash over a curb.

It boils down to how much you value your turd. I am going to keep polishing mine.

Comment

Just
                              Empty
                              Each
                              Pocket
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

If you sink a fortune into a truck that is considered "aged" and "high mileage" as far as everyone else is concerned, will you ever see that money again should a tree fall on it, if it's stolen, or totalled? Having been down this road before myself, and my car had some money sunk into it--I had a $4000 transmission with a 3000 stall converter, etc. The car would have been worth 8grand in my mind. Low miles 100K Plus it was fast as shit. It got ripped off and the insurance wanted to give me half.

I got it back before a payout occurred and it got a column etc. It damn near got totalled. I put some tires on it, fixed the little broken interior shits, and got it back pretty good. But, whenever I get the itch to go all out and bring my shit back sweet, I always end up getting something newer-ish anyway. Which is exactly what happened. I sold it and got something else. It made some kid's day. I took $5K.

I would maintain the truck, you know safety. But, recognize in yourself that you possibly want to do all this to it, because you're done. If so it can save you some money to put toward the new thing. And I'd start saving up--including my tax returns--until I got at least $12K. Then, buy something out right, no loans. Turns out the insurance is often the same price anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                                X