No announcement yet.

Mini rant - Freakin cars.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had the same thing happen on my 98 vobra. Went to start it one cold day to go for a drive heard a clank then it free wheeled no compression. I tore it down fixed it and will never purchase an OHC engine again. That 4 valve nickle and dimed me to death. You did the right thing selling as a roller. By the time you fix it plus your time it would be about the same as just selling it as a roller.

Comment

So the CL65 seems to have vanished. Was supposed to be delivered yesterday and never arrived. Cant get ahold of shipping company because Speedriven never gave me their info. Cant get ahold of Speedriven cause....well christamas.

I aint rich. I just do what the fuck I want. Soon will be married and wont be able to do that any more. lol
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

the driver is railing a south dallas, super eight hooker in your shit right now. probably leaving love stains all over the leather.

frohe weihnachten.

Comment

The CL65 is now a soup kitchen.
          The hand that feeds, bleeds.

Comment

"Used SpeeDriven CL65 for sale. Fresh build. May have some interior stains and drugs. $125k OBO"
            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Perez transport?

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                It's the theory of "what can go wrong, will". It seems to be the trend in most, car guys, lives!
                that's the damned truth!

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                  Wow! So many things make my brain hurt on the E55 story. The blend air stepper motors never go out on W211s. EVER. The W203 cars used to have bad linkages but that's about it. I'm sure the heater valve was all it was and 70% of the time they give a fault code. I haven't heard many good things about the Waco dealer. AMG control are bushings don't just go out. They crack slowly for years before they give out bad enough to make it pull. Torque strut bushings can go out instantly though if they are the updated hydraulic style. They usually thump when braking or over bumps and it's very hard to miss. Did the dealer do the work? Bushings don't cost more than $100 a piece last I checked. Could have bought the special tool and did all the Bushings for that price. Your Alternator wasn't spinning and caused all the fault codes of undervoltage. 122 codes is nothing to be alarmed about. I have no idea how the crank pulley walked that far and didn't throw the belt. It wasn't the TTY bolt, it simply wasn't tightened. You can reuse that bolt, there is a measurement spec on those older engines. JB weld on the radiator didn't have anything to do with the coolant and trans cross contaminating. Those early 211s were prone to that. Very common problem. I find it hilarious you call it a maintenance nightmare and you think your CL will be any better. It has twice the electronics the E has and it's designed by the same people. Good luck.
                  Nice info

Comment

Wow! So many things make my brain hurt on the E55 story. The blend air stepper motors never go out on W211s. EVER. The W203 cars used to have bad linkages but that's about it. I'm sure the heater valve was all it was and 70% of the time they give a fault code. I haven't heard many good things about the Waco dealer. AMG control are bushings don't just go out. They crack slowly for years before they give out bad enough to make it pull. Torque strut bushings can go out instantly though if they are the updated hydraulic style. They usually thump when braking or over bumps and it's very hard to miss. Did the dealer do the work? Bushings don't cost more than $100 a piece last I checked. Could have bought the special tool and did all the Bushings for that price. Your Alternator wasn't spinning and caused all the fault codes of undervoltage. 122 codes is nothing to be alarmed about. I have no idea how the crank pulley walked that far and didn't throw the belt. It wasn't the TTY bolt, it simply wasn't tightened. You can reuse that bolt, there is a measurement spec on those older engines. JB weld on the radiator didn't have anything to do with the coolant and trans cross contaminating. Those early 211s were prone to that. Very common problem. I find it hilarious you call it a maintenance nightmare and you think your CL will be any better. It has twice the electronics the E has and it's designed by the same people. Good luck.
                    I appologize for missing this earlier. I saw the avatar and skipped past thinking it was my post without reading it. lol
                    So for the control arms, the passenger lower....forward? (dont have car in front of me) The one that hooks to the anti sway bar, the collor of the bushing let loose of the control arm. While it was in the air I saw that some of the other arms bushings were cracking so I just replaced it all while I was in there because I want to give him a solid car.
                    As for the heater I too havent read anything of the actuators failing which is why I was confused that several had failed (or was told had failed) but seeing how the previous owner had the dash out for something I didnt put it past him breaking something while putting it back together. They did replace on actuator (think it was pass side defrost) and the valve as I had suspected was the issue.
                    For the codes you are correct, over 100 were various systems showing undervoltage. Some were ESP (that was due to steering wheel angle before alignment) and history codes on the actuator plus the faults for the lumbar supports as they appear not to work.
                    Now I realize the CL is vastly more complicated and its parts far more expensive. I am prepared for it. The E55 though is just a much more problematic car. Everything I have read and everything I have seen first hand shows me this. Now I know you have WAY more experience with these cars than I and I greatly respect and appreciate any info you have to offer and will try and follow it.
                    I have never owned a CL before and they are rare so its not easy getting much info on them. I do know the W216 got a much improved ABC setup over the W215 (or so I have read anyway) and coils were part of its performance package but other than that I dont really see much of other common issues. I am sure it will break things but being a much younger car with much less miles it wont be as bad as the E55. The E just seemed to break something new 90% of the time I drove it. I put WAY more miles on the CL and it never missed a beat. Car just feels like its so much better and solid than the E55.

So what other issues should I expect to see on the CL65?

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                      I read it differently

Cliff$:
                      I blew the motor on my Cobra
                      I blew a stack of cash on a Mercedes because I was lazy and didn't feel like looking at it
                      My car get back on the transport with the personal tuner
                      Choo-choo motherfuckers! I'm riiiich!
                      (He also says all this driving a truck full of newports)
                      Not quite, timing chain broke. Shit happens
                      Close but its you so I understand your inability to understand. I am too busy to work on the E55 and the CL65 was my dream car to have done at SpeeDriven so it was done there.
                      Its only coming with a tuner because they fucked up and they are covering all the expenses.
                      I like trains. Ran one on your mom.
                      (no Newports just B&H menthols but may have been in my truck)

Comment

What do you think about the 2010-2011 C63 or E63's? Are they the same reliability nightmares?

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                          "The only thing more expensive than a NEW European car is an OLD European car."
                          and/or: " there is nothing more expensive than a cheap Mercedes"
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                            "The only thing more expensive than a NEW European car is an OLD European car."
                            You've seen the light! My rule of thumb is that if you can't afford a new European car you definitely can't afford a used one. Buy the longest warranty you can get your hands on and sell it before the repairs are your problem.

FWD Cadillacs weren't much better btw. I doubt there are very many running that made it to 100k miles without an engine and transmission replacement along with repairs to the engine after the fact.

Comment

What ever happened to that psycho old lady you were having issues with? I remember an old thread about her trying to have you killed.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                                What ever happened to that psycho old lady you were having issues with? I remember an old thread about her trying to have you killed.
                                Are you sure it was him, or was it the guy that ventilated his brainpan?

Comment

Working...
                                X