Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More fun than I have had in a long time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More fun than I have had in a long time.

I've heard it 1000x before that some of the best fun is with .22 rifles. Well I bought my kid one for Christmas a couple of years ago and I found myself shooting it more than he did. I built one for myself recently and took it out today and dialed it in. After the first 5 shots I had it where I wanted and I was running 15 shot groups in less than a nickel size @ 50 yards. Thing is an absolute tack driver and a blast to plink with. Can't wait to try and stretch its legs out to 100 yards.

The yellow dot has 15 rounds in it. The ones that are high left were from another rifle and the one that is low was where my fil bumped the table.

Love me some 10/22. The Ruger american bolt action .22 is quite fun with a can on it.

That's a sharp looking rifle.

Comment

Get a 22 LR pistol too. They are also way fun.

Comment

I love my Ruger 22/45 pistol and can't wait for my can to get out of NFA jail (hopefully January). I've already had a conjugal visit with the can (Rex Silentium SEG) and it's awesome, now I think I too need to get a 10/22 to go along with it.
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I have 2 10/22's, I need to go stupid on one for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Comment

I have a .22 in pretty much all variety’s. The golden boy is my favorite with my modded 10/22 being a close second. I first did a lightweight build with it and enjoyed that but then I switched over to a heavy/bench style shooter and everyone seems to like that better.

Comment

Oh, and the m&p 22 pistol is fun as hell too.

Comment

My 22/45 makes everyone who pulls the trigger smile. Nice 10/22. I keep saying I will build one someday.
                Originally posted by Marisa
                we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

I have a 10/22, 10/22 takedown with magpul camper stock, and a mk IV 22/45. I use all 3 to teach new shooters and stay practiced myself. 22LR really allows you to focus on site discipline and trigger control. I will really help break from the flinch aspects that cause problems for lots of shooters.

Comment

Dig it!

Comment

We were ringing a 200 yard gong a couple of years back at a range GTG with some bolt action 22's
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        We were ringing a 200 yard gong a couple of years back at a range GTG with some bolt action 22's
                        How much over hold? 4-5 feet?

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                          Get a 22 LR pistol too. They are also way fun.
                          I built a Gen 3 Glock into a 22 and it is fairly entertaining. Eventually I want to suppress it.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

That looks like a badass rig. I love me some .22. If you enjoy .22lr but want to stretch it out to a 100yds, you might want to try a .17HMR. They are like crack, lol.

Comment

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X