m1/m14?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m1/m14?

I've been thinking about getting one. Just don't know anything about em.
    The one that gives me a hard on. Is the SOCOMII in urban Camo. I can't afford it.

Just wanted to know if I can pick up a basic used m14 and put a bad ass stock on it. And rail system. What would be involved.

Also what's the difference between m14/m1. And mini14?
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

To answer the last question, the M-14 is the select-fire (and original)version and the M-1A is the semi-auto only version. The Mini-14 is built on the same type of action, but is not any kind of variant of either the M-14 or the M-1A.

As for stocks, you can swap them later but you would spend considerably more going that way (unless you got a hell of a deal on a standard one). I'm kind of a purist when it comes to them. I've always been partial to the absolutely original wood stock/parkerized version. Like this:
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
      I've been thinking about getting one. Just don't know anything about em.
      The one that gives me a hard on. Is the SOCOMII in urban Camo. I can't afford it.

Just wanted to know if I can pick up a basic used m14 and put a bad ass stock on it. And rail system. What would be involved.

Also what's the difference between m14/m1. And mini14?
      When you say M1 people think you mean an M1 Garand (the .30-06 predecessor to the M14, and M1A). The Mini-14 is made by ruger, and like helo stated, it's a cheap .223 version which is fun for plinking or 100 yard work, but I wouldn't consider it half the rifle of the other two.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
        I've always been partial to the absolutely original wood stock/parkerized version. Like this:
        Damn skippy.

Comment

SS Junk, you have officially made me jealous!
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            SS Junk, you have officially made me jealous!
            Get outta here thief!
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

get a sage stock system for it and it will look like something from star wars haha
              sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Comment

You don't want the SOCOM. The muzzle blast is unreal. Stick with the scout squad if you want a short barrel. There is no need to swap stocks either but if you do I will buy your old one.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I have a black SOCOM II, its a nice piece. Funny you made this thread, I was talking to a vet just about an hour ago and he said he used to carry one in Vietnam and loved it. I'm going to get another one with a match grade full length SS barrel and put in an EBR style stock.

The only thing bad about them is that they are heavy guns.
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Alright guys thanks for all the info.
                    it will be a few months before I get one. For now I still need to make time and get me a nagant. And that nagant revolver. @svo855. When im ready i'll pm you see if u still want it
                    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

An M1A is definitely on my list of guns to get next. I almost scored a nice one for $500. A buddy of mine knew a guy wanting to sell his. I jumped on it as soon as I heard but when he contacted the guy he had taken it to a gun shop and the dude there told him what it was worth. My timing sucks.
                      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                        An M1A is definitely on my list of guns to get next. I almost scored a nice one for $500. A buddy of mine knew a guy wanting to sell his. I jumped on it as soon as I heard but when he contacted the guy he had taken it to a gun shop and the dude there told him what it was worth. My timing sucks.
                        That would have been beyond a smokin deal!
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                          Damn. I feel like I stole one when I can find one for a grand. Don't stop looking as they are a rifle that you will cherish for the rest of your life.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Now you guys are making me want one.

Comment

IMHO There really is no point to a rail system on an M1A, even the SOCOM version just simply because you aren't gonna be able to work indoors with one of these easily, even if its the shorter version. This rifle is a TANK, it weighs a ton (upwards of 12lbs in some cases) compared to an AR which comes in at around 7.5 with a full mag.

The one helosailor posted is a gorgeous example. I really like those, but I also really enjoy the DMR version of them

about as tacti-cool as I would want an M1A...

Comment

Working...
                              X