can somebody find me a nice AK47 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can somebody find me a nice AK47 ??

looking all over for a nice AK47, would like a russian one and more like the original idea.. nothing ancient, doesnt have to be new, but i know NOTHING about them other than i want one because why not own something that is like what i get shot at with all the time in iraq/afghanistan right? i tried searching for one on the net but not any luck because im seriously clueless about which would be worth my money. no more than 500 bucks. thanks ahead of time
    sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Originally posted by fbodyjohnny View Post
    no more than 500 bucks.

good AK

Pick one.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Comment

good AK means it fires, and it doesnt look like shit. so yes, that can easily be found for under 500 bucks. so i'll pick both.
        sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Comment

Too much for a Romie.

Comment

AK

doesnt look like shit

Pick one.

Comment

ive never bought a "" doesnt look like shit"" so i'll have to pick AK. who sells a "doesnt look like shit" ?? i'll go look in walmart lol

Comment

ive never bought a "" doesnt look like shit"" so i'll have to pick AK. who sells a "doesnt look like shit" ?? i'll go look in walmart lol
                You must not be a very clever man if that was an attempt at a humorous retort.

And this thread comes up all the time. Here is my take on it-

The AK47 was the product of Russian experiences in World War II. The Russians engaged the enemy mostly at ranges under 150 meters, a distance where a rifle bullet and a smaller intermediate round are both effective. On the Eastern Front the Russians were forced to storm enemy positions in mass, firing as they advanced. This necessitated a larger volume of fire and led to the adoption of the selective fire AK after the War. With such a rifle, hordes of Russians could advance and lay down a very large volume of fire. Thus, a semi automatic AK is pointless and goes against the very doctrine for which the rifle was created.

Comment

you might find a romy or madi for under $500 or a saiga under $500 your arsenals and better nice AK will be more like under 1000 or something of the like I would recomend a romy wasr 10 can be had around 450 and the one's I've looked at look good (straight sights no real slop) If you want it pretty a little paint and some elbow grease on the wood it cleans up nice

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                    You must not be a very clever man if that was an attempt at a humorous retort.

And this thread comes up all the time. Here is my take on it-

The AK47 was the product of Russian experiences in World War II. The Russians engaged the enemy mostly at ranges under 150 meters, a distance where a rifle bullet and a smaller intermediate round are both effective. On the Eastern Front the Russians were forced to storm enemy positions in mass, firing as they advanced. This necessitated a larger volume of fire and led to the adoption of the selective fire AK after the War. With such a rifle, hordes of Russians could advance and lay down a very large volume of fire. Thus, a semi automatic AK is pointless and goes against the very doctrine for which the rifle was created.
                    Did he say he was planning to advance an enemy position while laying down suppressive fire with a horde of his comrades? No...he asked if anyone knew of any deals on select fire AK's. For someone I perceive as pretty intelligent...you sure do miss the point a lot. Thanks for the attenuated history lesson though...

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
                      Did he say he was planning to advance an enemy position while laying down suppressive fire with a horde of his comrades? No...he asked if anyone knew of any deals on select fire AK's. For someone I perceive as pretty intelligent...you sure do miss the point a lot. Thanks for the attenuated history lesson though...
                      Deal on a select fire AK eh? Here is one-

http://westernfirearms.com/wfc/ak47?set=30&sz=800x600

And I was just saying that AKs are pointless in semi automatic configuration. There are too many other guns out there that do everything better for similar money.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
                        Someone isn't getting Alex's point...
                        First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                          Deal on a select fire AK eh? Here is one-

http://westernfirearms.com/wfc/ak47?set=30&sz=800x600

And I was just saying that AKs are pointless in semi automatic configuration. There are too many other guns out there that do everything better for similar money.

There's just something about them that I love. I'm actually more accurate at 100yrds with my Tantal than with my 16" Middy AR....I guess that plays into my bias as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
                            Someone isn't getting Alex's point...
                            Not much to miss...so I fail to see where you were going with this.

To OP:
                            Check out Polish Tantals. 5.45x39 is stupid cheap (1080rds for $130-$150) and a good Tantal is accurate as hell. If you go with Century Arms just watch out for canted sights and swapped barrels.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=246745063

Last edited by Brandon-k; 08-14-2011, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Do not buy a gun assembled by Century Arms unless you can inspect it and possibly shoot it first. I had one of their AK74s and was less than thrilled to discover the FSB was canted just enough you could never get it zeroed right. Sold it as quick as I could and got an Arsenal 74 and love that thing. Worth the money to get a good one.
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X