What are yall gonna do about the virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
    I got lucky and found a gallon of aloe and I already have isopropyl alcohol to make my own sanitizer...

But, I went out to get some coffee beans a few days ago and the coffee house had hand sanitizer on sale from a local distillery. It was $12 a bottle but the profits are going straight to the employees. So I bought a bottle.
    Everyone out hunting for this hand sanitizer and fighting the crowds. Just go to a gas station and fill up a can with some fuel. It'll clean your hands and run your lawnmower and a gallon is like 1 dollar now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
      Just letting people know what’s happening. I don’t give a fuck if you believe it or not. If I can help one person prepare for what is fixing to happen I am ok with that. I have been told to share info so that maybe people will wake up. I think it’s way too late for that but worth a shot.
      Do you really think that randomly screaming into the echo chamber that is the internet, let alone, this site, is accomplishing anything? Do you think your posts have "woken anyone"? Or have they just made you sound like an unhinged lunatic, thus ensuring fewer people will take what you're talking about seriously?

Hint: It's option 2.

What is the great source of information that you have access to that apparently no one else does? Doesn't it seem strange that you, in no position of power, suddenly has access to information everyone else is lacking? Why do you think you have have been conferred this special place of enlightenment?

Comment

• I love that people are being mocked for literally trying to protect their families now. Depending on what media you watch it's either the end of the world, the end of the free world or a total sham to make Bill Gates richer.

I do have to say that Alex Jones looks a whole lot like Bill Hicks though.

Comment

• Truckers are semi-retarded.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Badoom-ching.

Comment

• I haven't bought a single thing out of the ordinary. My wife might have bought some hand sanitizer. I think to some degree, what Ruffdaddy is saying is correct and a lot of the lack of supply comes from just hugely increased demand on certain things.

I think the Costco policy of no returns on toilet paper, paper towels, etc proves that hoarding has taken place. The degree to which it has taken place is debatable, of course.

In regard to things like toilet paper I think there is, or at least WAS hoarding AND panic buying based purely on internet bullshit. But it is a bit of a chicken versus egg scenario, IE are the majority of these people hoarding or are they panic buying because they believe others are hoarding? I have seen the lines of people at Wal mart, waiting to get in and then rushing around with a cart like the world is ending to grab whatever. I have seen these people rushing to get to the produce section, believe it or not. I always watch what they are buying and they don't seem to be hoarding. What they are buying seems to be regular shit in regular quantities which tells me that they are hearing stories about hoarding and believing things are not going to be available and rushing out to get in line to panic buy.

In summary, people are generally reasonably intelligent but crowds of people act like complete idiots. You are seeing the latter here.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Look what i got today!!! Liquid gold. Three bottles plus shipping and handling cost me $36 dollar's! LoL.. I got lucky and found it on the internet from a health food store in Kansas

I doubt you'll ever find it! It took me hour's of searching on the internet

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Comment

• Originally posted by scootro View Post
                  Look what i got today!!! Liquid gold. Three bottles plus shipping and handling cost me $36 dollar's! LoL.. I got lucky and found it on the internet from a health food store in Kansas

via Imgflip Meme Generator
                  And you're proud of yourself for this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    Truckers are semi-retarded.
                    Yep until you need something. Make sure you wipe your ass with your hand ok? You don’t deserve half the shit you have because you have no respect for those that bring it. I always respect people who work any job because they are doing something that makes life easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                      And you're proud of yourself for this?
                      heck yea! i was determined to find it

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
                        Yep until you need something. Make sure you wipe your ass with your hand ok? You don’t deserve half the shit you have because you have no respect for those that bring it. I always respect people who work any job because they are doing something that makes life easier.
                        Everyone seems to think they are a blue collar hero these days. You can quit driving that truck today and no one will care, dude. They'll get some dude from Africa to replace you in ten minutes.
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by scootro View Post
                          Look what i got today!!! Liquid gold. Three bottles plus shipping and handling cost me $36 dollar's! LoL.. I got lucky and found it on the internet from a health food store in Kansas

When we were in Fredericksburg around the middle of last month, the owner/operator of one of the businesses we always visit was making some. Didn’t buy any of it at the time, and since that was at the beginning of the great TP rush (at least there) I recall that he mentioned that the key ingredients were already hard to find.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                            Everyone seems to think they are a blue collar hero these days. You can quit driving that truck today and no one will care, dude. They'll get some dude from Africa to replace you in ten minutes.
                            India and Russia are really big ones on this. I've had several Russian drivers.

Seen a lot of Indians in the truck stops. There also must be a lot of women drivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              That job will be automated soon enough anyways...well at least some of the long haul stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                                That job will be automated soon enough anyways...well at least some of the long haul stuff.
                                For sure! Would be easy to do. There are robots coming into my business. And they aren't that expensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X