No announcement yet.

Dying interior parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody paint/dye these panels professionally? I have a fe pieces I need redone in my 745i. I'd hate to have to buy them new.. Lol. Also, can they match the paint/dye to my color?

Comment

Originally posted by sdun View Post
      SEM makes some user friendly dyes. I can make them from my Dupont system with low/med/or hi gloss that have to be sprayed w/ a paint gun. The SEM stuff comes in a shake-n-spray can. You can get it at nearly any paint store.
      SEM is the only thing I will ever use again. Dupli color comes out good if you prep it right, but it easily comes off. Rustoleum was ok, held up better then duplicolor, but seemed really dull. I SEM painted a speaker cover in my coupe years ago. It has never chipped or scratched the paint off. It is more expensive, and a little harder to find, but well worth it.
      2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
      2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
      2012 Ford Edge

Comment

I agree, SEM vinyl dye is the best.

Comment

I used SEM to do my whole interior minus the cloths. Came out great, and its easy to touch up.

Comment

I got a black dye here locally for the dash in my Torino a while back. ordered one off Ebay that was green and sprayed it black, came out great. Never had any problems with it and looked like it was from the factory that way! I could probably research and see who I ordered it from. Also got some cleaner/prep spray I used first on it.

Comment

I got the SEM from Orielly's... they keep it behind the counter. Lindau Black matches Ford's OEM black interior in the fox bodies pretty close.

Comment

One thing about duplicolor that I noticed is that when I dyed my truck interior charcoal gray, each spray can came out a different shade of gray. Really pissed me off and had to get one can and mist over each piece to make it blend.
                Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                  http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...c-heavy-8.html

One thing about duplicolor that I noticed is that when I dyed my truck interior charcoal gray, each spray can came out a different shade of gray. Really pissed me off and had to get one can and mist over each piece to make it blend.
                  Excellent find
                  2012 Ford Edge

Comment

In the next week or so, I will be dying the 85 coupes interior, with sem. If you want me to do a write up, I will.
                    2012 Ford Edge

Comment

SEM here also. Years ago I painted the black scuff plates on a 79 Chevy truck to camel color. The only part that showed any wear was around the edges. Great stuff.

Comment

Larry Dennis Co. in Haltom City has all the SEM stuff. Cleaner, prep, adhesion promoter, all colors, etc.

Comment

I tried to dye a red Fox cloth seat to black with fabric dye. I didn't take into account that it had been Scotchguarded. Just made it a darker red... lmfao.
                          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                            Larry Dennis Co. in Haltom City has all the SEM stuff. Cleaner, prep, adhesion promoter, all colors, etc.
                            Best place to go imo. also, wash all your small parts in the dishwasher. It works wonders on getting them clean.
                            One day at a time.

Comment

How does the die work on pron red plastic parts. Doing a complete dash and console.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                                How does the die work on pron red plastic parts. Doing a complete dash and console.
                                Its just like any other color.
                                2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Working...
                                X