BANK talk. which bank is best bank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BANK talk. which bank is best bank?

I currently have JP Morgan Chase Bank as a result of their 19 cent on the dollar purchase of Washington Mutual. I liked WAMU a lot and since there was no change to my account after the failure and acquisition, I kept Chase.

They recently just changed their checking account formats which makes me what to change my checking account format.

1. technically my account isn't free anymore. it only is because i meet the minimum qualifications of cash by direct deposit but that's besides the point.

2. personal checks aren't free. while i only use about 5 checks in a calendar year, i'm not going to pay to print checks. that's gay.

3. cashier's checks, bank checks, and money orders are no longer free. super gay.

4. ATM fees incurred. this has always been the case but i'd like free here too.

so really the only thing i like about chase anymore is the mobile app with the ability to deposit checks.

so, what bank?
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

oh yea, i realize there are a few really good virtual presence banks like USAA or state farm bank that have free everything and reimburse atm fees but sometimes i need a branch. i cant pull $5000 out of an ATM can i?
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

fuck em all, coffee cans is where it's at

Comment

Just become a preferred client like us other ballers and the rest is a breeze!

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
          fuck em all, coffee cans is where it's at
          if my bank would give me an envelope with cash at the end of the week, i would seriously consider it.

plus i like paying bills online.
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
            Just become a preferred client like us other ballers and the rest is a breeze!
            is this a real thing? i guess i don't ball hard enough.

wasn't there a Chase bank employee on the Canadian site? wonder if he ever made it over.
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
              is this a real thing? i guess i don't ball hard enough.

wasn't there a Chase bank employee on the Canadian site? wonder if he ever made it over.
              Ohaiguise!

And yes. A Premier Account gets all that stuff free, with a measly $15k min. balance.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                Ohaiguise!
                making banking my account more better.

i lady.
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

making banking my account more better.

i lady.
                  Huh?

And honestly, it's going to be tough these days to find what you are looking for. The new regulation bill that passed last year is really kicking the industry as a whole in the pants.

The interchange fee for Business to accept debit/credit card purchases was a BIG reason why you had good rewards credit/debit cards, and free accounts.

But alas, since Congress felt like turning a voluntary (Merchant Services), tax deductible fee that was considered cost of doing Business to a company; into a non-voluntary, non tax deductible cost to a consumer... here we are.

Hooray for unintended consequences!!
                  Last edited by sc281; 02-24-2011, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Huh?
                    gimme free premier. i'll give you alcohol.
                    www.hppmotorsports.com
                    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Ohaiguise!

And yes. A Premier Account gets all that stuff free, with a measly $15k min. balance.
                      I have a premier account but sure as hell aint got 15 large in it. However they do take me in a seperate area and we wine and dine during my transactions.

Comment

gimme free premier. i'll give you alcohol.
                        Either have $15k in combined deposits (Checking, Savings, CD, IRA, INV) or have a Bidness Account, and I can hook you up, brotha!

Comment

Originally posted by Your Name Here View Post
                          I have a premier account but sure as hell aint got 15 large in it. However they do take me in a seperate area and we wine and dine during my transactions.
                          Combined balances.

You probably have the old Premier Checking that we had before the Financial Regulation bill that took Loan balances into account to waive fees.

Or have a Business.

Or have Rich relatives on your account in some fashion.

Or...... no that's pretty much it.

Comment

Combined balances.

You probably have the old Premier Checking that we had before the Financial Regulation bill that took Loan balances into account to waive fees.

Or have a Business.

Or have Rich relatives on your account in some fashion.

Or...... no that's pretty much it.
                            Been with Chase for 17years

Comment

Originally posted by Your Name Here View Post
                              Been with Chase for 17years
                              No Sorry Bank one then Chase

Comment

Working...
                              X