Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golfers, what are your top 3 courses you've played and what did you shoot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golfers, what are your top 3 courses you've played and what did you shoot?

Mine...

1. Plantation Course at Kapalua - 70
    Absolutely the most beautiful course I've ever played. The elevation changes and scenery are simply amazing. I played one of my best rounds ever that day and the wind was crazy. I might have shot mid 60s that day without wind. This course should be on your bucket list.

2. Augusta National - 79
    Not a really hard course, but very well manicured. Granted, I played it in 1999 (a couple weeks after The Masters) and it was right at 7000yds from the back tees. I hit a lot of fairways and greens but just couldn't putt on those greens which were rolling over 12.

3. TPC Sawgrass - 82
    Extremely difficult course. I was playing to a 3.2 handicap when I played this course and it ate my lunch. This course is not one that you can overpower. If I played it again I would play it completely different. I did par 17 and birdied 18. My tee shot on 18 is still one of the furthest and best I've ever hit. It was playing about 470yds that day. I had a slight helping left to right breeze. I hit a high cut over the water to 92yds. Stuck a lob wedge to 3ft. Was my only birdie of the day.

I've been to Torrey Pines and Pebble Beach, but not played them, which is ok because I have a lot of improving to do.

Comment

Sunset has to be the best course I have played. I regularly shoot in the 90-110 range.

Comment

Ever play Dubai? I don't play, but been to a lot of courses. Dubai was awesome looking. Maybe it was just the contrast to the surrounding desert.

Comment

Air Force Academy - 89
          Easy course but the wild life makes it a great course. Has plenty of Elk, and Mule Deer.

2. Kiva Dunes - 92. Played with very heavy wind off the gulf.

3. Bitburger Land Golf Resort Bitburg Germany. Didn't keep score. Was still learning and lost tons of balls. It's a links style course with huge fescue.

I have others but that's mine.

Comment

I've never been to Dubai. I don't plan to ever visit that part of the world ever again.

I've played Kiva Dunes a couple times. Great course and always windy as hell. I think my best round there is 80. I do like Peninsula Golf better though. Probably because I score better there. Lol.

Pebble Beach is on my bucket list. I hope to get over there and play in the fall or next spring.

Comment

Putt Putt. Couple hole in ones and a couple balls in the water.

Comment

Taos NM - tough course, thin fairways. Don't remember my score, but 90 range.

Pendaries Rociada - beautiful course within the pines of Sange de Cristo Mountains. Shot about a 100.

Prestonwood Country Club Hill course - best course played as I hardly ever get to play private. Lost like 6 balls in water hazards. 105 lol

Tomorrow playing Indian Creek in Carrollton. Buddy says its a decent spread with hot cart girls.

Comment

I've one played on two actual courses. Neither have really been in good shape when I was there.

Cedar creek country club - never played a full round. Buddy's family lives there and we'll play a few holes if we have time when we are out there.

Tour 18 - played a scramble and team came in a couple over par which wasnt bad to be playing in what could have been considered a swamp. They never should have let anyone on the course that day. All the sand traps were just 2-4' holes and every fairway was just marsh
                  07 f250-family truckster
                  08 Denali -baby hauler
                  52 f1-rust bucket
                  05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                  livin the double-wide dream

Comment

i just want to say, fuck joe buck. douchebag has found his way into golf now

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                      i just want to say, fuck joe buck. douchebag has found his way into golf now
                      Swing and a miss...

Comment

2012 GT500

Comment

Off topic, but Dustin Johnson's fiance, Gretzkys daughter, I say damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaber View Post
                            Off topic, but Dustin Johnson's fiance, Gretzkys daughter, I say damn.
                            im sure that will be a long, happy marraige LOL

Comment

Considering I'm by no means a golfer, my scores are laughable, at best. I've only played a full round* on 3 courses, but they were:
                              NAS North Island. I think the best I ever shot there was like a 95. <usually drunk>

NAF Atsugi, Japan. I want to say I hit a best of 91 there. <almost always drunk>

TPC Sawgrass (One of the LTs I worked with got a pass for 4). All I remember was that I was in triple digits, and *finally just gave up on 17. <somewhat drunk>

So, in summary: I don't play much golf, suck pretty bad when I do, and usually have a fair amount of alkyhol in me when I do.
                              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                              X